Chapter 6. Morning Trouble.
376 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Unedited chapter, oh well.

>>>>>

Next day...

Having done every morning jogging routine, I prepare myself to go to school after having breakfast. 

After what happened yesterday at my place, I'm a little insecure about facing Tsurihara. Who knows that she might hate me because of what happened yesterday. And then I imagine that the whole school would begin to hunt me down after that. 

Just imagine it, really make me shudder.

I even had thoughts of not going to school today, but I am sure I couldn't do that... because I'm class president representative and I have the scholarship to keep.

Should I go apologies again? Maybe I can go to her house this morning, with a reason to go to school together.

And afterward I can try to apologize to her, hoping that she doesn't hate me.

Oh wait, I didn't even know where her house is.

Also it would be weird for someone, nobody like me showing up in early morning in front of girl house!

...

Damn it, This feeling guilty would haunt me for days if I didn't do something about this!

...

...

*Knock* *Knock*

...Who is knocking on my door in the early morning?

>>>>>

...

While I was thinking about how to apologize to Tsurihara, the person herself actually came to my place. A pink-haired girl, also a classmate and subject of my concern this morning just showed up in front of my door.

I can't help but pinch my nose right now.

"Tsurihara..."

"Good morning, Ren-san!"

"Uhm, Good morning. Why are you here in the morning?"

Tsurihara stuck out her chest and proudly said "My operation to make you fall with me, I will start going to school and home together with you from now to know you better as a person!"

I can't help but roll my eyes hearing her idea.

This girl... really reminds me... But at least she did tell me that she does like me directly.

...!!

No!!  why do I compare my childhood friend to Tsurihara?

They are different!

...

"Ren-san?"

Tsurihara looked at me in confusion as I remained silent and didn't respond, but... does she really not hate me after what happened yesterday? 

Alright, I'll ask her directly.

"Tsurihara, you really didn't hate me? For rejecting you?"

She immediately shook her head and said "Not really... I mean, I used to reject a lot of guys who happen to confess to me. And now, I have a chance to experience the same right now!"

"Oh..."

What she did say does make sense... I mean, I was never get confessed before she did it to me, and unlike me, she is sure experienced in this subject. 

But to make sure...

I asked her one more time "Are you sure, you do not hate me at all? You can slap or punch me you know."

I pointed at my stomach and my face, in case she wants to do it. I would never understand the girl's thoughts but I bet logically it's really weird for her to not have any hate toward me.

...

Instead of refusing my offer or doing as I said, Tsurihara fell silent and her expression looked a little sad. 

What this does mean? 

...

"Actually... there's a bit of hate for you inside, but since I like you much more than I hate you..."

After saying that, she continued by smiling widely and said "Unn. I am okay Ren-san, thank you for your concern!!"

...!!!

She did hate me, but she was able to get over it?

...

This girl... she's really strong... unlike me. 

She said like it was nothing, but there were tears on her face when she said that to me. She quickly wipe it, but it was there... so it must be still hurt.

Where she does get that courage and confidence? I can't help but admire her.

...

"Ren-san? Why are you looking at me like that? Are you starting to fall for me?"

I shook my head and quickly changed the topic to avoid her privy to me even further. 

"Ah about your plan Tsurihara,  did you forget that you have a running club..? and I know you are going to have a competition this summer."

"Ah! I forget about that!"

"How the duck someone forget something that important!?"

"I am sorry!"

I can't help but yell out. Seriously, I wonder if she actually never thought before taking any action?

"Anyway, we can still be going to school together! Yes, we can do that! Let's go! You don't want to be late, right?!"

Tsurihara said as she frantically waves her hand telling me to go.

"Alright alright, as  long you didn't disturb the neighbor."

I take my schoolbag and also make sure to close the door before going to school.

...Thank god, Mr. Matsudara seems to have worked shift again last night.

>>>>>

On the way down after descending the apartment stairs with Tsurihara holding my hand (for no reason), someone I didn't expect also showed up in the morning. A petite size girl with black twin-tail hair is running toward us from the front of the apartment gate.

"R-Ren-sannn."

"Ah."

"Ahh. Chika-chan!"

...

I can't help but pinched my nose again.

Ichika, like Tsurihara, also got me rejection yesterday but she came to see me this morning instead. She did know why I rejected her for sure, but I wonder... does she hate me now?

Not everyone is like Tsurihara, right?

...

Noticing that Tsurihara was next to me, Ichika immediately asked "T-Tsurihara-san! Why are you here?!"

Tsurihara heard Ichika's question immediately answered "Call me Makino-chan! Also, you ask why? We are going to go to school together of course! You are here for the same, right? "

Ichika nodded furiously hearing Tsurihara's statement.

"Y-Yes! After what happened yesterday, I have concluded that I can't give up on you, Ren-san!"

Ichika said it while looking into my eyes seriously. This girl.. became bolder in one day?

Does rejection actually make girls stronger? 

I doubt it.

But... I should ask her the same thing like I did with Tsurihara.

...

"Chika-chan, you really didn't hate me? For rejecting you yesterday?"

"Again?"

I can feel Tsurihara deadpanned stares at me, while Ichika tilted her head in confusion.

...

"I don't. Why I would hate you Ren-san? After all the time what you did to me, that is nowhere enough to make me hate you, Ren-san."

Is it really true? I mean, I did help her a lot for the past year but she equally did the same to me. She teaches me to cook, study and take care of myself, while I also help her deal with various nuisances on the street and deal with her own confidence. They are not the same effort at all, and yet... this girl didn't hate me?

Why they didn't hate me? And why does she hate me?

...!!

What nonsense I am talking about?!

I shook my head and said "I see. Thank you Chika-chan."

It is no use to ask the real reason, especially when Tsurihara is around. I will ask her later.

...

Ichika quickly went beside me and then hold my hand as Tsurihara did.

"O-Okay, Let's go to school together!"

...I smiled at her rarely cheerful moment and let her walk beside me. Tsurihara on the left and Ichika on the right side.

Now I just realize, What is this situation?

...

>>>>>

...What is this situation?!

Walking toward the school with 2 cute girls beside me... I have easily become a target of staring. Seriously, I am not happy with my situation but both girls don't want to let my arm go! Especially Tsurihara. Instead of just holding my hand, she hugs my arm and sticks her breast on me.

It feels nice, but all the death stare from all the jealous male students surely are not!

Ichika also really tries her best to hold my hand despite all the stares she got. Thankfully, she is not shameless like Tsurihara. 

Daiki would be proud if he saw this development in his sister.

Now I think about this, where the duck is Daiki to help me?!

I look at Ichika beside me and asked "C-Chika-chan, Why is Daiki not coming with you?"

Ichika quickly replied "Brother is still sleeping when I went to your place, Ren-san. You know, My brother is not a morning person at all."

"...I see."

That's unfortunate for him.

I close my eyes and just hope in my mind that Daiki would survive another Miyamura rage moment. 

It should be his 17th-time tardiness this semester, I am actually surprised that Daiki's parents didn't get called yet by the school.

While I am thinking is there a possible way to help my best friend toward his incoming predicament, Tsurihara suddenly sticks her "thing" even further to my left arm, disrupting all my brainstorm attempts.

...

"By the way, T-Tsurihara... can you please release my arm? Like, people looking at us here."

"No. And I don't care about what people thought!"

But I did care!

Seriously, this might be even worse than being rejected via text message rumors are spreading in the school. It is obvious to people around, as she is really trying her best to stick with me right now!

Ichika hears conversation then instead of just holding my right hand, she is now also hugging my right arm! Goddamn it!

...

"C-Chika-chan!?"

"I-I won't let you arm go if Makino-san didn't let you off either! Or ...I will cry here."

...And Ichika crying in the middle of the street wouldn't come out as a good thing either. Wait, does this count as blackmail?! What the hell?!

Now I bet people around begin to look at me as a playboy.

Goodbye, my good reputation.

...

"Just give up, Ren-san. We won't let you go! You should just be enjoying your time right now!"

"Unn...!! I won't lose!"

Both Ichika and Tsurihara seem really happy and enjoying their time hugging my arm... and they told me to enjoy my time too?

...

Instead of enjoying this situation, actually... Can I cry? Seriously, I wonder how people would begin to look at me from today?

>>>>>

With 2 girls in each of my arms, We walk together for a while and finally spotted our school building. My school, Tendou National School, is the largest and most popular school in the area. Located on a hill, students who come will definitely take the same route to come to this school.

This school is not luxurious, the building is just an ordinary school building. What makes this school special is its location because the hill where this school is located is very strategic and could be reached from anywhere from this city.

The closer to the school building, the more people stare at me on the street. And as we approached the gate, someone we knew came to greet me.

"Yo, Ha-Ren-kun. Have a good morning time to have 2 cute girls hugging and pressing their breasts at your arm? Quite jarring, eh?"

The girl with black ponytail hair and red eyes said to me while looking at me smiling amusedly. This girl's name is Miyamura Nao, one of the most feared girls in this school. Not because of her appearance, but her title in this school as the chairman of the disciplinary committee.

 She was also the only girl in this school who always carried a baton by her side, which the school allowed her to carry. Despite that, this girl was actually a nice person, just that she liked to make dirty jokes and tease people. I know this very well because she is also my classmate... which means she is not a stranger to me.

Though, the mystery of how can she become the chairman of the disciplinary committee still remained unanswered to this day.

...

"Stop it Miyamura-san, seriously. It is not my fault..."

"Nao-chan, Good morning~"

"Nao-senpai, Good morning."

...

Miyamura nodded and replied back to us "Good morning you three. Anyway, girls. We are already inside school ground, and I am as a discipline committee can't allow your guy's explicit relationship showing off here despite I do like you guys boldness."

...

"Moo...Okay.."

"I understand..."

Hearing what she just told us, Both Tsurihara and Ichika release their hug from my arm. 

"Thanks, you are a lifesaver." 

...

I said that while bowing my head down. She is really saved me here from more hateful stares from fellow students.

"Sure, that's my job Ren-kun. Though after school I don't care if you guys want to have debauchery. Just to make sure lock the door inside the unused classroom."

"Your extra commentary doesn't need at all!"

"Hahahahaha!!"

Miyamura laughed out very loudly hearing my response. Meanwhile, both Ichika and Tsurihara get blushed and their face becomes red quickly. I admit they are both goddamn cute right now... but it is not time for appreciation of cuteness.

...

After laughing for a while, Miyamura suddenly called Tsurihara and said "Makino-chan, I almost forget to tell this but the Running club advisor was looking for you. She waiting for you at the clubroom right now."

Tsurihara immediately becomes panicked and responds "Really?! I swear I did running yesterday for training!"

She picked up her bags and then run off quickly off from us to the running club room. as she yelled "Thanks for telling me, Nao-chan!"

...So, Tsurihara actually wouldn't have run in the morning if I didn't reject her 2 days ago?! Because she never said anything about this at all.

She is truly easygoing with her life, huh.

...As Tsurihara left us, Ichika also told us that she need to go. 

...

"Then, I- I will have my way to my class then, Nao-senpai. Ren-san."

Both of me and Miyamura nodded, but then Miyamura quickly asked "Ah, before you go, where is your brother, Ichika-chan?"

...!!

Hearing Miyamura's question, I could see Ichika was shaking with anxiety and answered "H-He might be late... senpai. When I left the house, he is not waking up yet."

Hearing Ichika's answer, Miyamura sighed and replied "Hah... again?  Damn it, Masaru-kun."

"I am sorry! Please don't hurt me!" Ichika quickly bowed her head to Miyamura. She might feel that there's her fault too here since she didn't wait for her brother.

Miyamura who was aware that Ichika was afraid of her, quickly pat Ichika's head and said "It is not your fault Ichika-chan, but I can't wait to punish your brother. Hehehehe."

...!!!!

There was anticipation in her tone. Like she was waiting for this moment... and expected to enjoy it.

Poor Daiki.

...

Both Ichika and I then quickly walked away leaving scary Miyamura at the gate. Shortly after, we have also separated to our respective classrooms.

>>>>>

...

"I told you, that Tsundere girl is the best when they have been conquered!"

"When it is conquered! You forget the part it is very hard to conquer a Tsundere!"

...

As I approached my classroom, I started to hear the voices of the 2 boys in my class who seemed to be arguing about otaku things this morning. 

Feeling optimistic that news isn't leaked yet, I pushed open the classroom door and said "Good morning, everyone."

""OHHH...""

...

OK, I was wrong. Everyone in the class looked at me and I was instantly in the spotlight!! I am sure they are known what happened!!

I quickly moved to my seat which was located at the front, the furthest row from the classroom door. I didn't forget to say hello to the two people who spoke strange things earlier, as they were the only ones that don't look at me when I enter the classroom.

...

"Good morning, Akira, Momo. Quite a hot topic you guys were talking about in the morning."

"Yo, class representative. Good morning."

"Good morning, Ren-san. Indeed it is a quite hot topic"

...

...Or not, because both of them are grinning at me.

These two are known as the top otaku of the class, the thin but tall boy was called Akira, and the fat but short glasses boy was called Momo. Despite being the Duo Otaku of the class, no one bullied them... or dislike them. They weren't perverted and harmful toward everyone in the class and in my presence, no one does bullying or hitting each other.

...

"Akira, we will pending our Tsundere discussion and move to something more important. So Ren-san already embraces his own identity as harem protagonist?"

"It seems. Finally, two of the heroine seems making move on him. Momo, should be we help one of the heroines as a supporting character?"

...

Now, I actually really want to hit them! What I am for this guy? The protagonist of harem manga?!

I ignore them and prepare all the books I needed today at the table, but the Duo instead approached my seat. And all my classmates also followed them and surrounded my seat.

...

"Ren-san. Let's cut to the case. Did something happen between both of you, Tsurihara-chan and Daiki's sister?"

"Can I ask for a time out?"

"How about no?"

"Yeah, Just give up Ren-san. We are all aware of what happened this morning. It was trending on School SNS after all."

...

Okay, I am really damned now. The whole school should be aware right now, and that's thought alone scared me!

Just as I was wondering how I would get out of this situation, suddenly the classroom door opened and Tsurihara appeared from the classroom door with her best friend, Ishigawa Fumi.

As if the god currently was playing with me!

...

"Good morning everyone!"

Everyone in the class shouted ""Tsurihara/Makino-chan!""

Tsurihara looked confused at everyone around me and said "Why is everyone around Ren-san seat? Did I miss a game this morning?"

Ishigawa Fumi, a smart girl with purple hair and side ponytail style beside her answered "Let me guess, you guys are curious about what happened between Makino-chan, Ren-san, and Daiki's sister? Yeah... about that--"

Tsurihara immediately cut off her best friend and said happily "I confessed my feelings with Ichika-chan to Ren-san yesterday! But don't worry, because Ren rejected us together so we all returned to normal relationships!"

...

Hearing Tsurihara's words, All the people has disbelieved on their faces and even some of them look at me with pity.

I bet all of them thought of me as doing stupid things for rejecting Tsurihara. That kind of true, if I didn't have a problem, to begin with.

I raised both my hands and said "I have an explanation."

>>>>>

 

11