Chapter 6: Magic
4.6k 5 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am three years old,

I found it odd that nobody was celebrating my birthday but it seems young kids' birthdays are not celebrated only when someone turns 6 and then at 15 years of age that birthdays are celebrated unless you are from a monarch family.

You might be thinking why I have not gone to such events? Well, I am the second son of the family. My presence is not required as Isaac is the one who goes to such events. 

I still have not met Isaac as I am not allowed out of the second floor of the annex building where our room is located. Mother does take me out to the garden sometimes but it is not the main garden and is enclosed. It seems like the people in the main building do not want me and mother near.

Elizabeth has been coming to visit me more often as she got permission from mother though she is sneaking in and is not really allowed to visit us.

It seems that Elizabeth's mother has gone back to her home where she was before marrying father. I want to ask more but it seems to be a touchy subject for Elizabeth.

So I try to get her to talk about the other topic I am really interested in.

By the way she is 11 now and is starting to come into her own.

As I sit in her lap I look into her eyes with the puppy eyes I use to see in my previous world. “Okay Allen what is it that want me to tell you about?” it worked, hooray.

“Can you please tell me about magic?” I ask

“You will start to learn about that next year anyways?” she replies

“Please Elizabeth” I keep looking at her 

“Okay okay but only if you promise to call me liz from now” she says while pinches my cheeks

“I promise” I try to get her hands off my cheeks

She goes on to explain that mana is needed for magic and mana is awakened in your body by the gods at a temple on your 6th birthday. 

Your magic attribute is dependent on mana that is awakened in your body. 

“So I may be able to use fire like mom?” I ask

“No that is highly unlikely normally you would inherit the mana in your body from your father which in our case is Ice” she answers

“So I’ll be able to freeze stuff like big sister?” 

“I am sure you will be stronger than me since you also have blue eyes meaning your affinity with mana is higher”

“Oh, does the colour of our eyes matter?”

“It matters on how fast you will be able to learn stuff that means you will be able to do stronger stuff earlier and also your ability to grasp and control mana will be higher than me”

“Oh, Okay”

She slaps the back the back of my head “ don’t be getting a big head just because you have blue eyes it’ll be years before you can even think of surpassing me Allen”

So I guess I now know I will have to wait another three years before I can even start using magic.

Oh it’ll be so cool figuratively and literally, Do you get it? Cause I will use Ice magic? What are you calling a lame joke? 

“Allen” oh she is still here.

I turn to look at her, “yes Liz”

“I have to go to capital to attend school so I will not be able to visit for a while but don’t think that I have abandoned you” 

“School? Will you be back next week?” I ask

“Yes as nobles we are required to attend the main school in capital from 11 years of age till we are 16 there are talented commoners there too so I will not be able to come perhaps for couple of months but I will to visit on holidays”

“I see” I feel sad now. She is like the only few people i can interact with and I ain’t going to lie but I kinda grown attached to her.

She hugs me “I promise to come every holiday and bring you presents”

Did somebody say presents? I love presents. 

“Okay it’s a promise” I answer enthusiastically 

 

A few days later mother told me that Liz had taken off for the capital.

72