Chapter 21: Gods and power
3k 7 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Ralph and Aliyah leave the room, I am left alone with madame.

“How do you feel?”

“I am okay now. Thank you for comforting me.”

“Well, I take good care of what belongs to me. You need to learn that the life you led is over and you belong to me now. Do you understand?”

I nod.

“Good. It seems you weren’t just pretending to read yesterday but have some intelligence,” she says.

“The only thing you should focus on is keeping me happy and through that, you will have a chance to see your mother.”

How much does she know? I better keep my head down.

What I have seen of her so far she seems reliable to depend on, but the idea of depending on someone when people I care about life is on the line.

That fazes me. I have little of a choice anyhow.

“Keep yourself busy. I shall see you at dinner”

I bow my head and take my leave.

I find myself back in the library.

I guess this is the best way to distract myself from the situation.

The book I picked up tells the history of the world and gods.

It all started with a Gaia, the mother of all life who travelled the vastness of space to give birth to a new world Trius, but Trius was weak, so Gaia used her powers to make Trius a part of her.

Trius is now part of Gaia.

In the beginning, Trius was empty, so soon Gaia invited the gods to come and settle on Trius.

The first to come to respond were Lucius and Selena, the Elven Gods they brought with them their creations to settle on Trius.

Gaia, along with the new gods, used their powers to make Trius a perfect fit for the new occupants.

The next gods to answer Gaia’s call were Dwarven and Demon gods, who also came with their creations.

Gaia welcomed them with open arms and used her powers to further perfect Trius so all the races could live in harmony.

So, for centuries, these gods and their creations lived in harmony.

Then one day Gaia’s children came.

The gods of Olympus had arrived. The rightful heir to Trius.

Gaia welcomed her children. The new gods came with their children and their favourite humans.

The other gods were not happy to see the new ones.

Soon a war waged with the Olympus on one side led by Zeus and on the other side, the other Gods stood with Selena as their leader.

Gaia took no part in such conflict, for she only craved peace and fell asleep.

After a century, she awoke to find an unrecognisable Trius.

Angered as the Gods and creations continued to wage war, she used her power to isolate the Gods from their creations. The effect was so powerful it completely drained her of her powers and she disappeared.

As she disappeared, her last act remained, and the Gods could never fight in a war and were limited to giving blessings and minor support to their creations.

Soon all war stopped. As time went on, kingdoms rose and fell. New alliances were formed and broken, all of it led to today which you see around you.

I closed the book, mesmerised by all the information I had just received.

As I know, Gaia and the gods of Olympus were part of the Greeks and Romans in my old world.

Does that mean they were real? Did they disappear from earth and come here following the footsteps of their mother Gaia?

Does that mean other gods were also real?

The gods of Elves, Dwarfs, and Demons also existed. Then the fiction they wrote on earth was influenced by actual events.

How many humans on earth must have lived in other worlds in their previous lives? Doesn’t that also mean that there will be people here from earth other than myself?

Such thoughts bring me a sense of excitement and also scare me a little.

I put the book down and picked up another.

Perhaps reading another book will distract me and calm my senses

The new book I picked up is on powers and their levels.

Once your mana awakens at 6. You can choose to have your power categorised. This is you publicly declaring your power.

The advantage of doing that is that you can get apprenticeships and gain more opportunities depending on the category your power falls into.

There are many types of attributes in the world. The attributes do not dictate that you have unlimited control over the attribute.

As you awaken your mana, it ingrained your abilities in you, and you have an innate knowledge of what your power can do. As you already know your powers, it is easy to decide if you wish to have your power categorised.

There are, as it stands, 4 categories you can fall into.

It starts with the very bottom, which is the basic category.

A person who falls under this one doesn’t have much control over their attributes. For example, a person who has awakened a water attribute will control a bucketful of water or less. The person cannot use their power to create water but only manipulate the one that is in front of them. The amount of manipulation is limited. It can be as simple as just moving the water here and there. Almost everyone in the world falls under this category.

The next category is normal, which is rare despite the name. A person who falls under this category will manipulate a tub full of water. They are to create water and can manipulate the water more freely. For example, they might shoot the water, create a shield from it.

The next category is unique. The people who fall under this category are very rare individuals who have control over their attributes, which differ from normal. For example, a person might enhance their weapons with their attribute, be it water or fire.

The next category is blessed. These individuals are people who make a mark in history, for the gods have blessed them. Such individuals have the next level of control over their attributes and can do extraordinary things with their attributes.

The easiest categories to evaluate from all the above are the blessed ones as God’s mark those who they bless, but we still don’t know all the marks.

The Olympus gods mark the humans with a tattoo, be it a lightning rod for an individual blessed by Zeus.

The category does not include how much mana you have leading to how long you can control your attribute or the affinity you might have to your mana, meaning the precise control of using your attribute.

I close the book and head towards the madame bedroom for it will be dinner time soon.

44