6)Early childhood 2…….
352 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            The tech in this world as far as I can observe is some sort of mix with tech and magic. There are no wiring connections visible, that connects the lights to any power sources, this kinda makes my curiosity bubble up. 

        As a small child, you are allowed to ask any at all questions that come to your mind,  and the grown-ups would answer without skipping a beat, well a lot of free information for me. From what I could parse from all of this is that what people call magic is a mystical phenomenon that most people could use, but the proficiency of individuals are in question. 

              Moving on to geography, it's surely not seven continents back on earth, this planet has a lot of land space but I wouldn't say the sea has a diminishing presence. The landmass as a whole is mostly connected and there are a lot of Empires, Kingdoms, Theocracies, coalitions, tribes, clans and whatnot. 

          The cultural difference differs from region to region depending on people to people, but the things about sexuality are almost globally considered to be constant, there are exceptions to it but they are far from making any splash. 

                Humans are not the only race on the planet and it makes this a lot more complex, because of the lifestyles, cultures, do's and do not's for people of different races. This gives way to a lot of racism as sometimes people cannot accept others that don't look physically similar to them. 

           Well, that's all the info I can say about this world from the people and all the storybooks that we read during the nights time and dad is quite enthusiastic about reading storybooks to us when he visits us. 

                The nobles, as they are privileged ones, they have certain duties to uphold, so to help them achieve that, we have to study so as to uphold our duties as nobles. My mother says a lot of things like that and honestly, if you ask me I am not against studying but they have a whole lot of bullshit, like etiquette, dancing, singing, art, literature, and a whole lot of useless stuff that we study just to impress other people and I am quite fed up with this. 

               I want to learn about the juicy stuff like the technology, the culture of other races and some history too but my mom says that they only teach those things in schools and only when I get to a school do I get to do magic and stuff like that. 

              About magic, it's one of the things that catch the eye of kids especially my brother and he always pesters the grown-ups to do some magic stuff for him and every time he claps his hands like he had the best time. Well as I am as interested as him and as his big sister I too join him in pestering the adults to do some tricks. The thing about magic is that its external effects are tangible enough most of the time to distinguish between its effects, but the whole process of what really is happen besides the external influence is way beyond me. 

           The weapons used are mostly cold weapons like swords, spears, bows and arrows, pikes, clubs, halberds etc and as a boy, Alinar has a greater inclination to weapons like these. He is always waving around a wooden sword and is always trying to convince me to play knight with him courtesy of the storybooks that we read at night. If his attention to magic was just a fancy then his awareness of swords had reached a level of obsession. 

          He also started to train in the way of the sword, like watching the knight's train and imitating swinging like them. He also wants me to attend with him to help him, because he is sure that if I help him he will surely get it alright, well what can I say, the kid is quite reliant on me and I can not say no to him when he thinks I am some kind of a genius because I can do things better than him. 

               One time I tried refusing him and he bawled all around the mansion causing a ruckus and the crocodile tears on his face convinced my mother, she always puts up with his bratty ways and stepmom also has no complaints on this one so yeah might as well learn how to swing a sword too, you never know when it comes in handy.

             There are relatives that occasionally that visits us from time to time, like grandpa and grandma and they spoil us kids rotten with gift and stories and all, well I say life is just too good when you are a child free of all the worldly troubles. When I have a kid or two I will also try my best to raise them like this.  

            Years move on and now I am about 12 years old and my menstruation did occur it was painful with the cramps and all at the start but it was back to being alright in a few days. My breasts started developing and my hips start widening a bit but not in an exaggerated manner and my skin is delicate and smooth, I always keep my hair long and try all sorts of braids and hairdos. 

               With my progression in training my body and mind, I am fit and surprisingly enough I have impeccable reflexes and I highly doubt it's because of my mental training. It somehow is strengthening and synchronising my thoughts to actions and my agility is greatly boosted as well. I could sense the thoughts that flow through my head even more clearly, every whisper of temptation to stop and rest, to enjoy.

               At first it was clearly driving me mad because I didn't have any choice other than to ignore that kind of thoughts, that I thought I was thinking and it was so real to me at that time but now I could feel these kinds of thoughts coming and going as if I'm hearing someone else's thoughts. I guess it marks some kind of a milestone for me in my training.

4