Heroine
215 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door opened with a bang, and then a shout entered the classroom

"Sorry for being late," and, after that,

SHE walked in.

She was a girl. 1.7x in height, I would say, though it is a far cry from a precise measurement. She was athletic and a bit curvy. She was wearing a baggy red tracksuit, and yet you could see that she had quite a large chest. However, the first thing everyone paid attention to once she entered was her face.

Well, not exactly A face.

Everything everyone was seeing was the paper bag the girl had on her head, with two holes made for the eyes.

 The girl in that strange mask of hers walked into the classroom. You could see the tips of her white hair flowing down from the bag. They were shining like snow under the sun. The girl looked at the teacher and said:

“I, well, sorry for being late, ha-ha…”

And then there was silence.

A grave one, I might add.

The teacher, with a visible confusion on his face, opened his mouth agape. Then, after he somewhat calmed down, he looked at the other children and said with a smile:

“I guess we can presume… That it was breakfast that prevented you from being on time?”

And immediately everyone in the room roared with laughter. It was because there was letter M printed on the paper bag the girl had on her head. It was from MacDo…

'He-he-he… Ho-ho-ho! Actually, it is WacDonalds,' said the clown.

And yes, he was right, for the moment after I noticed that the bag was upside down, so actually that was letter W.

WacDonalds…

'It's better not to use real brands in manga. You can get sued for that, and that's isn't funny at all,' added the clown in a suddenly very serious voice.

'Isn't funny either way,' I whispered while looking at the girl. She seemed embarrassed after the teacher's joke, but only a bit. Meanwhile, she was stealing looks at the classroom. Suddenly, our eyes met, and for a second I was fazed by the deep blue of her pupils. It didn't last long, however, and very soon the bag turned away from me.

“Well,” said the teacher.

“How about you show us your face as an apology for being late?”

“Can I… not?” asked the girl in a quick voice.

“We can wear today whatever, right? Right?”

Yes, she was right.

I think there was a specific school uniform, - the note told me so, - but we had yet to receive it.

Right now, I was dressed in jeans and a light sweater.

“Well,” said the teacher. “It’s true, however, unless there is a burger in that bag of yours, I would still like to see your face,' his smile became severe.

The girl hesitated. Finally, she said:

“Okay…”

She took off her bag.

Immediately, it became brighter in the classroom. The girl's white hair was beautiful and shiny. She shocked her head. Her hair was messy, and yet she was very attractive. Just by looking at her face, I had a refreshing feeling in my heart.

Everyone in the classroom became dazed.

Meanwhile, the opened her blue eyes.

“Now this is better,” said the teacher.

“You can sit.”

The girl walked into the classroom. By that time, there were three ownerless desks remaining. One of them was in the first row. The guy sitting nearby immediately smiled, but his smile soon lost its soul, for the girl walked farther without even looking at that place. Neither did she pay attention to the place in the middle row. In the end, she sat down by the desk just in front of mine.

While doing all that stuff, the girl for some reason avoided looking at my face.

Why?

Is it the story Yuji has been blabbering about? Or maybe the reason lies in the peculiarities of the setting? And what exactly does it mean, that the girl has the potential to be the 'heroine' of the story?

There was no one to answer my thoughts. Once again, children started introducing themselves. There was still half of the class remaining. Trying to be silent, I opened the drawer inside of which I had placed the magazine.

I wanted to research it more thoroughly. Yuji told me something about the shop… Now I wished to see what was it all about.

I opened the magazine on the first page. There, I saw a table of content:

1. RomCom

2. _____________________

3. _____________________

4. _____________________

...

There were nine lines in total and only the first one was taken.

I turned to the next page.

And I finally saw something interesting. Some stats were written on that page. They reminded me of a novel's page on an aggregator site. I lowered my head and started reading…

16