Gym
101 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was only one thing that I needed to buy right now. The Extreme Training Mode…

"Let's shorten it to ETM…"

It was priced at 30P.

Almost all the money that I had.

I hesitated for some time and then put the magazine back into my pocket.

I decided to buy the ETM later, right before the training. Just to be careful.

When I approached the building with the Dojo, I was somewhat surprised. It was very lively around. People could be seen in every window of that building. Several guys were running around the place.

When I was just before the door, the bushes on the left side attracted my attention. No one was hiding there right now.

Maybe the spy will appear later.

In the Dojo, I saw Takeshi. Dressed in a white hakama, he was standing inside a white square on the ground and swinging his sword. At first, he did not even notice me. He appeared very engaged in his training.

I put off my shoes and sat down on the rug below the window.

Suddenly, I frowned. There was a book lying nearby. I read the title on the cover and winced:

'Train, train, train! A soft training program for children aged 8-12…'

Judging by the sticking-out bookmark, Takeshi has read almost a third of the book. Well, I wasn't sure how to feel about it. I was grateful to him for being such a thoughtful master, and yet it was somewhat embarrassing…

Suddenly, the door slammed.

I shifted my gaze to Shirogane who had just walked in. Takeshi also gave him a look, and then he finally noticed me.

Toma smiled:

"Okay, let's start with the training…"

He went to the storeroom to take swords, leaving me alone with Shirogane. I expected that guy to start mocking me right away, yet he was being strangely obedient. He threw his keys on the rag and then started patiently waiting for Takeshi.

When he came back, there was only one sword in his hands.

"Here," he gave it to Shirogane. He took the sword, made a move, and then looked at me with a bright, nasty smile on his face.

Oh, so that's what it is… He had just been waiting for the right moment to act like a total bastard.

"Today we will be studying the right holding position," said Takeshi.

He looked at me with an awkward smile on his face.

"Kiryu-kun, for you… I designed a special workout routine."

A special routine… I nodded. Shirogane meanwhile was smiling as wide as Joker does.

"Let's go… Shirogane-kun, can you wait for some time? I will be back soon."

"Go already…"

"Thanks," said Takeshi.

We walked out into the hallway. I had several guesses where exactly Takeshi was going to take me. Maybe outside? Yet he surprised me and started ascending the stairs on the other end of the hallway. We walked for some time through the corridors of the second floor until a heavy door appeared in front of us.

Takeshi walked in first.

I followed right behind him.

Immediately, I felt the smell of sweet around me and heard the tremor of steel.

We entered a place full of training equipment and various machines.

A gym.

There were many people training inside. Once Takeshi and I entered, we were approached by a guy with short hair and distinct muscles. I looked at him with my special eyes:

[Str: D

End: D

Int: D]

What a well-rounded person.

The guy started talking:

"Who are you? The gym right now is rented by our team."

"We are from the kendo club… I booked a place yesterday, for one person."

"Just one?" asked the guy and looked at me.

Takeshi with his broken hand seemed like an unlikely candidate.

"Okay, he can go in," nodded the guy and let us in. Seems like he was the captain of this team. Even when he walked away, I still felt a sharp gaze following me.

Takeshi led me to a barbell. There were three weights attached to it on both sides. Takeshi took off the first, then the second. He was about to take off the third one when the captain of the team once again approached us:

"Hey, is it you who is going to train? Then it's better if you don't. With just one hand, you won't have the balance…"

Takeshi was surprised. Then, he smiled. Meanwhile, I was in a bitter mood.

"No, it isn't for me…" answered Takeshi.

I took off my jacket and got under the barbell. I put my hands on it. Takeshi was standing above, keeping me safe. Suddenly, the sound of steel ringing quieted down. Everyone was looking at me.

That was unpleasant…

I lifted the barbell.

It felt somewhat light and yet it was shaking in my hands. I started lifting it up and down. I managed to do it ten times before my hands give in.

Then, I sighed.

For about a second, there was silence in the gym.

Then everyone started laughing:

"Oh, so they were both cripples!"

"What club are you from, again? The disabled one? Ha-ha…"

"Cool! Wonder if my little sister will be able to do the same…"

How very funny. Everyone was having fun except for the captain of the team. He gave me one look, as if I was trash lying on the road, and didn't pay me attention anymore.

"Well," said Takeshi with a sincere (and that's what hurt me the most) smile on his face.

"Very good for the start…"

I forced myself to nod.

Then Takeshi apologized — he still had to train Siro — left me a note with my workout routine and left. He also read it aloud before leaving. Someone said that it was very good and that he could borrow it for his little sister… Did he really have one?

At last, Takeshi gave me a bottle of water and left.

I sighed and started training. First with a barbell, then with a treadmill… After ten more minutes, I sat down on the bench. I was very exhausted.

My hands were sour, and my legs were shaking. I was sure that my body would hurt like hell tomorrow.

Okay. Enough of waiting. Now that I know what I am usually capable of, it's time to make things more interesting. With a slight smile on my face, I took out the magazine…

7