Chapter 23: Contemplation
329 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey guys back again! Just wanted to drop by with a chapter and explanation. So I went on this author self-study journey to try and find out what my stories were lacking and it turns out a lot, but the main thing I realized was the lack of reaction from my main character, and so that is what I will be inputting in my future chapters, and honestly I like it when my main character questions some of the events that happen to him, so we will be seeing more of such scenes in the future, so thank you for being patient with me and, know when I'm on a hiatus am actually studying about how to write better.

 

After a shower Jake felt extremely refreshed, the fleshy parts of his body where now as healthier and as soft as the skin of a newborn, Krystal had then given him a simple yet pragmatic tunic. It was a long sleeved jumpsuit with an enticing dark color that covered both Jake’s long legs and arms.

‘I kind of look like Naruto but wearing all black instead of orange.’ He thought while gazing at the mirror infront of him.

However Jake felt something was off with himself while he studied his features that still looked no different from when he woke up from Starlights ship, although surveying closely he was the same, he was starting to feel like his sense of self was weakening and, he didn’t know what was causing it but he definitely felt like his prior actions before engaging in intercourse with Krystal were somehow heavily influenced however the problem was it all felt so right to him.

‘No I must be over thinking things. Right!? I was always a horny guy right?’ But the more Jake thought about his actions the more he realized he was never that bold back on earth when it came to the opposite sex, before he could never imagine himself actively using means like aphrodisiacs, which were clearly incorporated into his skills to sleep with more females easily.

But with Krystal Jake felt like a sex driven madman who would do anything for sex, including drugging her and the scary thing about it was that at that moment when he used his aphrodisiac skills there was no feeling of guilt, even now it all felt right to him normal even, and that was beginning to concern Jake.

The feeling to allow such a mind state to completely consume him and take control was tempting, however Jake knew doing that would have unimaginable consequences and he would no longer be Jake. ‘I should maybe ask Krystal about this maybe she could help since she is a psychic.’

***

The dark, soft yet firm fabric jumpsuit worn by Jake did not cause friction to the fleshy parts of his body, but felt as if he was surrounded by a protective armor of clouds, with nothing but curiosity he tried using tactical scouting, which then showed him a notification of it’s inability to read inanimate objects.

Krystal seeing the struggling facial expression of Jake, tilted her head and sensed his thoughts. “Um! Not to question your intelligence master Jake but why haven’t you upgraded your observation skill yet!” She said walking into the bathroom and hugged Jake from behind.

This question then made Jake freeze, he was a cyborg! Of course he could just upgrade his skills to be more suitable for his needs and, he needed a place to upgrade some of them with the upgrade points he had.

“Do you know where I can upgrade some of my skills then? But before you answer that, there is something I want to ask you Krystal.” Said Jake with a smile as he felt her embrace, and relayed to Krystal what his thoughts on his powers were to him.

“Hmm!” Krystal paused and took a stance of deep thought. “Could I read your thoughts once more?” She said to Jake.

“Of Course.” Said Jake.

“Okay, I want you to close your eyes and think about what concerns you and, the events that made you feel different but everything felt right, I know it sounds confusing but I know what you might be suffering from I just want to confirm it.” Said Krystal.

“Oh great! If it will help me get to the bottom of his then please, search deep into me.”

Closing his eyes Jake felt Krystal’s forehead rest on his, ‘Hm! This is different from last time.’

“Please Focus!” She said

“Whoops! Haha sorry about that.” He said, then Jake took two deep breaths and thoughts of all the times he was acting or even thinking in bizarre manners.

From the moment he felt joyous thrill from killing space critters for the first time, which should have atleast caused him to throw up from actually killing a living thing, to the time his thirst for having sex was so high his concern and guilt of having sex with another female other than Starlight became instantly crushed the moment he received those horny missions, to doing everything in his power to sleep with Krystal even after knowing they were sisters, Heck! it even made it more exciting for him.

“Hm! So it excites you sleeping with sisters at the same time.”

“Um! Haha just tell me what you have found out.”

“You can open your eyes now.” Said Krystal, who then suddenly gripped Jake’s hands and sent out soothing psychic waves, which Jake guessed was a way for her to show support.

“Ahh! That feels good.” Sighed Jake with relief.

“With a high magical performing cyborg body of your caliber, it would be weird if there were no side effects.”

“Side Effects!?”

“Yes, and not the usual fatigue, overheating, and lack of magical power. Those are just child’s play debuffs compared to high performance flesh machines like yourself, what I’m talking about is the mental burden to operate this high tech, and I sense that your brain has been improved too, and it will keep improving as you level up, but it will still not be enough.” Said Krystal.

Jake was stunned and was still processing what he was hearing, “Am I going to become something else that is not me, in the future?”

“So you can feel it already, wow! Your cyborg body is really a demanding piece of work. But yes, you could say in-order to adapt your mind might cope by using drastic measures such as opting for insanity, split personalities or even shutting down and trust me those are the minor side-effects.”

Minor!? If going insane was a minor issue what were the severe cases?

Jake looked at the calm Krystal who seemed unaffected by this news at all, “by the tone of your voice you don’t seem that concerned so do you know a solution to this then?”

“…Magical Virtual Reality!” Said Krystal with a cheerful tone after a dramatic pause.

 

Note: Thanks for reading! Please give a ♥ icon if you liked the chappy and, bookmark the story to motivate me to keep writing.

8