Chapter 24: Magical Virtual Reality
541 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“…Magical Virtual Reality!” Said Krystal with a cheerful tone after a dramatic pause.

“Virtual Reality? You mean like a mental deep dive into an artificial reality?” Asked Jake who was now following behind Krystal in a narrow hallway.

“That is right. High performance cyborgs who face a similar problem like yourself have found a solution to this inside virtual reality. Well more like they enter virtual reality in-order to acquire the solution to their problem.”

“And what could that be?”

“Organic Artificial Intelligent life.” Said Krystal

“Let me explain it to you more thoroughly, the warring state of this era has catapulted the innovation of technology at an extremely fast rate, and your issue is not the first one to appear, but it’s actually quite common. Cyborgs are great soldiers that when nurtured well can make up for over a thousand regular soldiers but, that power comes with a price.”

“The burden of the implanted technology to living flesh?” Said Jake.

Krystal paused her walk and turned back to Jake, and he felt like she was not the type that liked being interrupted, “Sorry about that.” He said scratching the back of his head.

“Haa! No I was about to praise you for that good guess, and yes more precisely machine and organic living tissue do not mix well as it defies some rules of the universe, you could say cyborgs go against the heavens themselves.”

Krystal went on to explain to Jake that the famous organization of technological advancement located at a faraway star system called Uiss Corp had accidentally created the first seed of the virtual world, with an ‘unknown’ secret that had allowed a law defying phenomenon that saw the actual birth of Artificial intelligent life in a virtual reality.

“Wait! When you say birth you mean actu..”

“Yes I mean the actual creation of life.”

“Then how does this all link up to me and my prevention of a mental deterioration?”

“Well I was going to get there If you will just be patient and listen.”

‘Yep she does not like being interrupted’ Thought Jake.

Anyway Krystal explained during experiments and tests done in the virtual world by the Uiss corp scientists, they had discovered that harvesting the artificial intelligence inside the virtual reality solved countless problems from operating high performance ships and computational programs and the most astounding was the discovery of a method called ‘AI Looting!’

“AI Looting?’

“Yes it was discovered that when a mind deep dives into the virtual world and consumes the organically birthed Artificial intelligence they experience a magical mind state that will allow them to soothe and alleviate the mind sickness related to operating high performance machine implants to their body.”

“Why do I feel like there is a ‘but’ in there somewhere.” Said Jake skeptically, not wanting to believe such a treasure would be used for free without all those empires thirsting for power, heck! If he was one of the empires he would have wanted that technology all for himself.

“Haha indeed there is a ‘but’. That is that the only organizations that have access to the gates of this virtual world are the empires and guilds with a ranking of over [D] rank to [S] rank, and the lower the rank the more regulated are the entries into the virtual boarders.

“And what rank is your guild?”

“It’s a [D] rank guild the lowest rank. And we reached this feat barely since we have one [D] rank powerhouse who is the leader of Port city Paradisium. And a few powerful Peak [E] ranks myself included.”

“Okay, since you brought this up, does this mean you have a way for me to enter this virtual world?”

“Yes, that’s were I am taking you right now, I guess you have realized the increase in the security the deeper we traverse in this hallway. But I cannot tell you more since you are not a guild member ‘yet’. ” Said Krystal.

***

And Indeed while walking within the quiet corridor marred by opulent, vibrant and golden luminous glyphs, Jake felt the otherworldly power of the intrinsic graffiti on the white walls, he felt that if he tried to even activate his battle mode these walls would crush his body and turn him into a useless lump cube of flesh and metal.

Sensing his thoughts Krystal begun to narrate the background and status of her guild to Jake. “The guild albeit only a small branch is, headed by myself and others however, the larger branches are in the higher halos under the management of powerful echelons of the Port City Paradisium, thanks to the powers and wealth of our founder of the seven halo city, trade of wealth for services across the galaxies is possible hence, the magical formations you are now seeing here that require very complicated computational magical codes.” Said Krystal.

After Jake had showed her his system quest ability that also gave out rewards to him, Krystal had said that it was a rare ability that normally appeared for high performance cyborg series, and advised Jake not to be careless when showing it to others, Quests could only be accessed by the guilds which was also one of the main attractions, and if people found out about his ability, he might become a farm for loot, by a powerful individual.

“Who is the founder if you don’t mind me asking?” Said Jake gazing at the intrinsic symbols that even his system could not decipher as his skills were too low in rank ‘currently’.

“Hmm! Okay its not a secret anyway, the founder for some unknown reason only goes by his title GREED, we do not know his origins but he is nonetheless the true [D] grade master of the seven halos, and on each halo there are the ‘RING CITY LORDS.’ You can identify them by the glowing halos that levitate around them from our first ring city lord who has only one glowing golden ring hovering over his head, to the seventh lord who has Seven rings hovering over his.

She continued, “And the founder Greed, makes a public appearance once every five years to announce the hyper space migration of the whole Port city station to a different galaxy for trade, I must say you are lucky as the five year time lapse is close and we are about to migrate to a different galaxy.” Said Krystal with an excited tone.

They both then made a sharp turn, stopped in front of a glaringly azure door, covered from top to bottom with those intrinsic golden glyphs that gave Jake a sense of a higher plane language that was not meant for normies like himself to comprehend yet.

Jake watched as Krystal stretched out her hand touching the glowing glyphs which then prompted a mechanical voice to resound from the door.

[Guild Facilitator Krystal identified, entry to test room authorized.]

The door turned into a transparent sheet and beckoning Jake to follow, Krystal passed through the solid door that turned into a opaque liquid sheet.

Taking a deep breath Jake braced himself and also followed into the cooling embrace of the portal with his eyes closed by reflex.

A moment passed and Jake heard a voice say, “Krystal who is this idiot that closes their eyes in front of a superior like myself? Don’t they know it’s offensive doing that when meeting others?” Said a gruff displeased voice.

Jake opened his eyes to a small room with a large rectangular mirror reflecting three rows of floating red seats, that were supported by spherical balls filled with unknown churning cloudy gas.

Seated on the chairs were over half a dozen oddly proportioned figures of different species, all of them wearing the same grey colored tunic which was a military styled formal attire adorned by ornamental pieces from medals, epaulettes and some different colored neon collars and gauntlets.

“This is a new trainee who will be entering the ‘virtual’ exam grounds of the guild, and I don’t think someone like yourself should be talking about rude manners Pollux!” Said Krystal which then elicited a snort from the alien she had called Pollux.

Curious Jake followed Krystal’s general direction of where her head had turned, although she had no eyes Jake could always somehow tell what she was concentrated on. He upon laying his eyes on the being called Pollux, Jake had his tactical scout activate and almost spat blood, shocked by what he was seeing.

[Name: Pollux]
[Male]
[Species: Kaijuul Cyborg]
[Level:??]
[Class: Mutant Electric Berserker]
[Age: 33]
[Emotions: Irked.]
[Relationship: Hostile.]
[Sensitive areas: Snout.]
[Embarrassing Secret Fetishes: Being Cuckold.]

 

Note: Thanks for reading! Please give a ♥ icon if you liked the chappy and, bookmark the story to motivate me to keep writing.

7