Ch 7: Wonderful World (2)
4.3k 24 164
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My search for more knowledge continues.

As I knew earlier the quirk war had many consequences, one of them was the discrimination of quirk in some specific places of the world. Which meant that certain countries had more humans with quirks than others.

Japan was one of the countries where quirks were welcomed, although that wasn't the case at first. The performance of said quirks in the war really made the politician proud of the quirks of their population and so they were eventually accepted into society making japan one of the countries with a high density of quirks.

So the 20% of quirkless people is actually a global statistic, in reality, only around 4 - 8% of the population is quirkless in Japan. This statistic is on constant change but is the best approximation I got.

[Well that makes it rare, I mean, is basically as rare as being ginger in my old world, and I only knew 1 person who was ginger in my life]

So that explains that mystery...

There are other countries with different quirk laws and different percentages of people with quirks. This also meant that they themselves had hero schools, and even more surprising, multinational completion between rival schools. Including UA.

[I wonder why that was not mentioned, maybe this isn't like an AU? or the butterfly effect with my existence? or I just didn't live enough to see it happen]

"Tomomi, dinner going is ready!!!"

I hurriedly close all tabs and eliminate some of the more questionable searches, most of them relating to scientific papers and history books.

The next day I wake up unusually early in the morning, nothing too unusual since I'm actually excited to search some more about this world. but before that, I need to do something more.

Dad was pretty late yesterday, apparently, his work got a bit complicated because of a villain targeting him. Now I know he's not weak at all since he apprehended the villain in less than a second.

The villain sadly did cause a bit of destruction so he needed to report it as soon as possible so as to not obstruct the daily life of the citizens. So today I'm going to at least try to cheer him up.

As he approaches the door to leave for his work I walk up to him and lock eye contact with him.

[I still wonder how many faces has he shown, he either is stoic, disappointed, or slightly smiling]

"Do you want to say anything Tomomi?" my dad asks me in his usual modulated tone.

"Ummm..." although I mean to act shy I do get shy when talking to my dad since he's got quite a menacing aura at all times. He tilts his head wondering what I'm going to say.

"Have a s-safe trip dad!!" I say, stumbling in my words while smiling.

"heh~" he laughed a bit before patting my head, "Thanks Tomomi, I'll make sure to be safe".

He leaves as he closes the door and I just sit on the floor to digest the rare occurrence of my father laughing a bit.

[So he does care a lot, maybe I need to get closer to him]

Well, I don't need to do that, but since he does work extra hard to maintain us and my mom I guess that the least I could do is cheer him up.

[And now back to research]

I start walking to my dad's computer. Next thing of research...

[Just how much of earth's history is in here?]

I wasn't surprised by the fact that indeed, it was almost a copy of earth's history. only that some specific events are now attributed to quirks, like the Salem witch trials and even the construction of the pyramids.

[Heh~ they are calling things like 'Anubis' a quirk person, comparing him to Kenji Tsuragamae, the chief of police on Hosu, you really can't help but wonder if it really was a quirk]

And so, every day for a straight week, I research for stuff, and to confirm some suspicions I had, I also started bringing a notebook for things that I could do. Since I come from another world I can influence stuff from very early on. I'm obviously going to take the advantage of everything I can.

And so I started searching for answers.

[Do memes exist?]

Yes, they do, but they aren't on the seventh layer of irony, which I would work hard to change since I kind of miss them.

[Are games from my world here]

Not many of them, and only some approximation, no Minecraft, Factorio, or any survival/crafting games that I liked. On the positive side of things, there was a saga of games that include quirks that resembled Marvel vs Capcom.

[What about celebrities and social media?]

Different but not gone, the spots are just filled with different things.

[Youtube?]

Exists, it is still in its early stage where everyone just uploads whatever, but something picked my interest, that being the use of quirks on videos.

[Isn't that like... illegal?]

After a long time of searching, I got some things, so the quirk law doesn't ban the use of quirks, because is impossible, but it does regulate it.

The way I see it, using your quirk in public is like getting drunk while on the street, technically illegal, but as long as you don't annoy anyone and the police don't see it, you had free reign. Not very regulated in my opinion but is not like I can see it in any better alternative right now.

Back to research.

[Anime / Manga / Comics?]

Exist, but they are based more on quirks and heroes nowadays, so no manga from my world really even existed, so now I had some plans brewing in my head.

[I could theoretically make some media that isn't in here like one piece, Minecraft, or just become a herotube superstar since it is still in its early days]

Without missing a beat I decided to make some changes to my plans, I'm still 1 and a half years old so I had time to do some things before canon started to make itself present, and I will use it to become at least somewhat rich, Because why not? never got a lot of money anyways.

164