Ch 13: Preschool Experience  
4.1k 14 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm Tomomi Mizushima! I'm 2 years old and I like making drawings"

With some 'Woah!' sound effects coming from the little kids from my classroom I end my introduction to the class, I simply get out of the teacher's side to choose a seat. I decided to sit down in the corner of the classroom, I of course chose the corner with the least amount of males in the classroom.

"I'm 2 years old and my favorite animals are giraffes "

"I'm 3 years old and I like cakes!"

I watch the introductions of the kids as they slowly fill up the classroom, they seem to sit in random places at the moment, there are some that do know each other from being friends, I know absolutely nobody in this classroom as a loner does. I have already accepted that I simply suck at making small conversations and therefore not very good at socializing.

There's also another problem...

"I want to be a hero when I grow up"

[That's the twenty-second]

I have noticed the pattern while I was interacting with other children in the park when I was not trashing them at random games, but being in a classroom full of them really puts on display just how much 'being a hero' is a dream job for every kid in this country. This is actually starting to get annoying since there are only 30 kids in this classroom...

[Poor workers]

I wondered about this, but since about 90% of kids dream about being a hero, it is an impossibility for all of those kids to be heroes by simple logic, so it is reasonable to think that most workers that I see every day once dreamed of being a hero. That is a situation that is impossible in my old world isn't it? the only other job that would come close to that would be the one of being a youtube or something.

[Well that's just sad]

Well, it's sad that the dream of people is hard to achieve, I actually don't have any guarantees that I even could attend UA at all, it is, after all, THE most prestigious school with its hero course in this country, so getting in is hard for everyone.

[I mean, even if I fail to enter it there are other schools for heroes]

The anime only focuses on UA since our local green-haired protagonist goes there to follow his career, but there are other schools that have the hero course as an option. They are mostly focused on the other jobs though, so the quality of the hero course does not compare with the one provided to UA.

"Yay!!!"

"Remember to not run on the hallways!"

"Yes sensei!"

The bell rang and we simply are led to be free for 20 minutes, I grab my bento and go to the cafeteria I have no idea what this place is called but they do sell food, the floor is made with ceramic tiles and had some tables to sit and eat. I decide to simply sit down at one of the empty tables and eat my rice balls in peace.

"*munch* *munch* This is quite nostalgic huh?"

The school has been just like I remember, half of the tables are empty and the populated ones have groups of three, the cafeteria has not reached full capacity at all because almost all of the students eat elsewhere. The sound made is quite loud, I can basically hear what they are saying since they are almost screaming it.

[Kids don't really know how to control their voice... and why do they get in groups of three?]

Quite a mystery indeed, I have already noticed this before but young children like to have groups of three for no apparent reason. I would normally say something about this but even I have done this.

Before the bells ring I get up and start exploring the school buildings, the whole school has a wall around it and has 2 buildings that are parallel with each other and are divided by an open area. The 2 buildings host 8 rooms in total, 6 of them are for classes while the other two are for the principal's office/teachers' breakroom and the supply room?

[The last one isn't labeled as anything]

Classes for the first and second years are in the first building while the ones for the third years and the other rooms are in the second building.

[Now I don't have any idea if this is intentional]

First years almost have no quirks, in fact, there are none in my classroom, Class B does have a guy with pens for fingers which is pretty cool if not useless on most occasions. Anyway, the second years are kind of half and half. But the third years are almost completely filled with people with quirks.

I read that they were trying to get children to respect people with quirks? but how? the very design of the building makes the third years seem like gods with their only quirk class. While we the plebians only have at most a 50% of quirk users.

[It certainly doesn't help that quirks can be for fighting]

The cooler quirks simply get more praises, it was plainly obvious on my first day here while exploring saw a kid straight-up flying in a bubble. very cool and definitely not dangerous, he was making other children float on those to have some fun, which is not very bad but he is getting his ego inflated without even him realizing it.

A broken system that has no consideration even after like 3 centuries of having quirks, well... two and a half of those were literally littered with wars and violence, so having those fixed before preschool bullying was probably more important.

"Well... can't really do something about it now"

Not a good system to make children NOT bully the quirkless, but it's not like I have no experience with broken systems made by the government.

After the lunch break we simply return to the classroom and continue our classes, they are mostly trying to explain to children how school is supposed to work which surprisingly works. There are some children growing tantrums but they are the definite minority.

I had to draw those loops that are used to make your calligraphy decent, for 20 minutes straight...

Count apples and then add up for another 20 minutes...

We drew, that was actually interesting and made me appreciate this weird class that sadly only lasted 20 minutes...

And before I knew it, the school was over.

 

I got picked up by my mom, apparently, she can also drive the car, but my dad never lets her so she treats the driving laws more as guidelines than actual laws. Considering that he himself is a police officer, it makes sense that he simply doesn't let her drive often.

I simply got in the car and sighed.

"So~, How was your first day at school?" my mom asks me while eyeing my reaction from the rearview mirror, I simply frowned slightly a the question while thinking about my answer.

"Uhhh... normal?" I answer with a lot of hesitation, I'm not even sure how I feel about school. It's definitely not as bad as ai remember but it's literally the first day.

"I see, excited to go home?" My mom ask to change the topic, and it seems she sense that It would take a while for me to get accustomed to school.

"Yeah! I'm a bit exhausted from thinking"

"That's alright swetie"

Aiko was thinking about how her daughter gave it her all on the classroom to get this tired from thinking, while Tomomi was making mental notes to not overthink in school since it makes her a bit exhausted.

158