Ch 17: Notebook of incoveniences
3.7k 10 145
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being made of rubber is definitely a unique experience, this was the conclusion that I reached in the 2 weeks of time that it had taken me to adapt to my quirk and its side effects.

Life hasn't changed that much. The 'Whole' is still the same, I still go to school, eat sleep and play all the same without any problem since my quirk only changed my body's properties and not my size or appearance. The thing that definitely changed was the 'parts' that encompass my routine, by themselves these changes are not much but with all of them being piled up so suddenly, t definitely did take time to get used to.

So I have decided to 'pull up a Midoriya' and start taking notes about everything that my quirk changed, these observations are mostly complaints without any rhyme or reason, but I decided to document them since I could gleam onto some cool ideas if I see some of the random problems that I have while living my life.


(June 4, 2376)

 

My hair is made of rubber, This is not something that I was aware of because of just how sturdy it is, so unless you pull really hard it will not stretch. The problem with my long hair comes that when a knot appears, it will take stretching my hair a good 2 meters before it will finally give in and undo the knot.

My hair is more like my mom's (decently wild and unkempt even if I try to take care of it) does not make the situation better at all.

So yeah I had to get my hair cut, I actually really liked my long hair! what a stupid problem to have. That sunflower hair clip has no use... what a waste of something so cute!

My hair that used to reach up to my shoulders now has a lot less volume! I also can't really brush my hair properly now so my hair looks a bit wilder.

[This probably means that EVERY part of my body has the property of rubber, not surprising. This could mean that my blood cells are elastic and stuff. don't know how that is useful. Maybe a healing factor comes from shenanigans with elastic blood? further research required]

.....

(June 5, 2376)

 

I fell down the stairs.

For future reference (And I mean you! future ME!) I fell down the stair because I had mistakenly hopped since I was hungry, I was not wearing anything on my feet at that moment which made me slightly bounce and completely lose balance while in front of the stairs, so I inevitably barreled down the stairs.

(Again... This is not an excuse, future me!)

My balance when moving at fast speeds or while jumping is terrible, my body seems to simply allow force to make me bounce all the time unless I'm actually forcing my 'bounciness' to lower, which takes some concentration.

Also, let's talk about how my body responds to pain.

It seems that my body still reacts to pain the normal way a body should, so for example, if I broke a bone I WOULD feel the bone-breaking pain that would accompany it. The thing is then, that breaking a bone made of rubber is basically impossible with blunt attacks. The same goes for muscles and skin.

So me falling down the stair only gave me the pain of being scraped against the wooden floor, not my body slamming against the floor and crushing my bones against my muscles. I did almost laugh at my bouncing on the floor a few times before finally settling down. My healing factor did remove the grazes I suffer before mom and dad saw me.

My parents do not know of this accident... I hope.

.....

(June 6, 2376)

 

My neck is made of rubber, so whatever something hits me in the head or I move suddenly my head would bob in random directions rapidly, the rapid change in my eyes is disorienting and slightly dizzying especially when the hit happens by surprise.

Did you know that bones can transmit sound? this fact was famously demonstrated by composer Ludwig van Beethoven, he discovered that by bitting a metal rod that was attached to his piano, he could hear said piano through his jawbone even though he was deaf. My bones and eardrums are now made of elastic materials that can transmit vibrations... permanently.

[I'm a f*cking tin can telephone by this point]

Worse of all, the sound is muddled enough that it makes it sound like white noise instead of it actually being useful, I have to make my body less elastic while also maintaining the properties of it being able to transmit vibrations in order to actually hear stuff better.

On a good note, I'm technically no longer tone deaf as I was in my previous life so that's a positive I think?. The rubber properties also made my vocal cords sturdier, so I can actually scream as loud as I want without losing my voice.


 

"...Well that's done for now" I say as I close the notebook 'Rubber Body I' and stash it away, I still have many things to scribble down relating to my quirk but have a mission today, One of utmost importance. I need to prepare for this battle for it I require towels, a parasol, and...

[I'm definitely forgetting something here]

"You have packed everything up?" My dad asks me while inspecting the bag that I'm currently filling up.

"Yes! I have the towels, and the parasol... but I think I forgot something!"

"Here" he hands me some floaties "I have everything else ready... let's go"

"Yes!" I say with determination in my eyes. Dad raises an eyebrow at my unusual fiery behavior but simply shrugs it off as me being excited about our little trip.

[Today is the day of reckoning]

 

"We have arrived" Dad said while looking at the beach with his arms crossed, he is currently wearing some dark blue beach shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, said shirt is not buttoned up as per my mom's request, and he has had sunglasses since I thought he would look cool with them.

"Someone is excited~" My mom says while blatantly staring at my dad's body, she is wearing a white sundress with a large hat with some flower pattern on it.

"My worst enemy!" I exclaim while also crossing my arms. both of my parents look at me for saying something like that but simply forget it as my dad speaks again.

"So Tomomi-"

"Dear~, you disrespecting our captain like that?"

"Right... Captain, what will be our first activity"

"We are establishing our base!"

"Alright"

We are currently on the beach because of my insistence to come here for a little vacation, gaining the attention of passersby because of the power stance that we did earlier. It was not every day that you see a family just stare daggers at the ocean for absolutely no reason at all

[Well I do have a decent reason, test if I'm weak to water]

It's not like I'm going to be around the sea that much anyways, In one piece the disadvantage was definitely brutal since 95% of the planet's surface was a sea. So now that I'm in a place with a bit more land and with the inventions of planes, I simply don't think Seawater will be a problem.

[It is still a thing that I need to test]

I finish putting down the parasol on the beach with the help of mom, It was funny seeing her using her quirk to extend her arms to open up the parasol correctly, which earned her a criticizing stare from my dad for not asking for help. after hanging out for a few minutes of overthinking how I could drown in the sea I simply gather my courage and ask my dad to teach me how to swim.

"So you want to learn to swim?" My dad says as he hands my mom some drinks for refreshments.

"Yes!" I say with complete determination, It was better to make sure that I don't drown in the sea because I forgot to check my weakness.

"Okay then" He gets up and dusted himself before turning to me "Wanna come with us, Aiko?"

"I will be watching from here, go and have some quality time with your daughter" She said while smiling, she takes a sip of her drink and winks at me, my dad simply nods.

"I'll try not to have too much fun without you" he says before leaving.

"See you later mom!"I follow dad to the edge of the beach.

 

I see the waves crashing down on the beach, making the white foam almost reach me, dad simply kneels down and puts the floaties on me while I'm trying to inflate them.

[I wonder where does Luffy get all the air for Gear Third]

When we are finished, he leads me to take the first steps into the water. Truth be told, I never even learned how to swim in my last life since I never found it necessary to do, even if I did live I'm place renown for its beaches with crystal clear waters. Today is going to be an actual new experience.

The fact that I'm burdened by the idea of becoming extremely weak while submerged made me hesitate even further, I always knew that being drowned was not a very pleasant way to go. Too many worries piled upon me made me stop moving for a few seconds and even hyperventilate before my dad grabbed my hand.

"Don't worry too much, I'll be there to make sure you don't get harmed" He said with a resolute tone while gazing at my tiny figure, I involuntarily asked.

"You p-promise?"

"Yes, I promise" 

"A-alright then"

I slowly take steps until my ankles are submerged, but nothing happens, I take a long breath of the salty air that is passing by and continue until I stop.

"Close your eyes for a bit"

I'm too overwhelmed by emotions so I just comply, My dad leads me a bit further into the water and then he lifts me, after a few seconds he lets go of me.

"There, you can open your eyes"

Opening my eyes, I found myself floating on the water, my body is still responsive and I feel the same even though I'm mostly submerged, so I naturally yell "I'm floating!"

"Your mom also didn't like water very much, you still want to learn how to swim?"

"Yes!"

After having confirmed my fears of water to be untrue I decide to pay attention to my dad who reached me how to swim, It is a new experience that is not helped by the fact that my body is elastic but I do make some meaningful progress.

[So I'm not weak to water, I guess it makes some degree of sense, I did ask for the powers of the fruit, and 'becoming useless while underwater' does not seem like something that would classify as a power in my book]


 

"The sun is killing me" I grumble at my dad who is holding a bucket full of sand.

"You can be under the parasol" My dad says as a matter of fact.

"I can't build my castle under bad illumination!" I rebuke. he simply seems to look around for a bit before setting eyes on what I can only guess is an ice cream stand.

"Stay put, I will bring something for the sun" He says as he hands me a bucket of sand, I grabbed it and inspect where can I put it for my sand castle.

"Okay, stay safe"

It was fun to stay on the beach, the fact that it was the start of summer made the sun extremely hot, which was technically a good time to go to the beach but in my opinion, it just made it unnecessarily sweaty.

[Maybe I should just copy mom]

I stare at my mom who is just straight-up sleeping with a magazine on her face, She apparently decided to 'make' a bed of sand and put a towel on top of it so that she could sleep on top of it.

[How carefree]

I wonder how did my parents meet each other? they are at first glance very much opposites, One is serious and takes everything literally while the other is very happy go lucky with not a spec of critical thinking to speak of.

"Here"

As I was wondering about the relationship between my parents my dad simply ruffled my hair...

"What?"

Or so I thought, Instead of a hand combing my hair a stringy material was placed on top of it along with a shade covering my eyes, I immediately take a look at the object that my dad gave put on my head. My eyes almost pop out of my sockets at the sight of it.

"A straw hat" I muttered.

"It should help with the sun"

"he he he~ thanks!"

"So how many more buckets of sand will you need"

"Righ! so like..."

 

Today was a pretty good day, like always.

I decided that it would be a good idea to finally catch up to the manga of MHA, I'm also very hyped for the end of Wano, excited to see the new bounties of the straw hats!

145