Ch 7. Errand girl
249 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took off my shoes.

Yuki-chan, do you want to sing today?” (T)

No, I don’t…

Same here. How about we go to the café and eat some ice cream? It is said that ice cream improves mood immediately.” (T)

Sounds good to me.

We ate away my worries, and the memories of Tomo-chan’s classmates asking me stupid questions.

When I returned home I saw Father in surprisingly good mood.

Mother, what happened? Father is happier than usually.”

Ah, that? His salary was increased twofold. He might even start paying attention to his family. Right, Dear?!

“Yes.” Father stiffened, and waved me.

I thanked Mother for her patience and went to my room.

I did my homework and started watching TV.

Coming to think of it…

Until the weekends I am not going to do anything but study. Which always makes my life boring.

While I was thinking about it, I remembered that I did not ask the Queen if I can keep calling her the way I used to do it in the past, and do it now.

[-‘Emergency direct chat’-

You – “My Queen, I wonder if it is still appropriate to call you like that?”]

Even after an hour there was no response. In the end I went to sleep.


The next morning I once again arrived early, and the first thing I did was visiting the classroom 3-6. My key easily opened it.

Ding-ding

[You received message from ‘Unknown number

“Yukichi, I sent you a mail. Print its contents and put them on the bulletin boards across the school.”]

I made my way to the other side of the floor and opened the student council’s room.

Nobody was there, so I borrowed Hoshino-san’s computer and printer.

The print was simple. A text with a golden star in the background.

[You want to meet new friends?

You feel like there are no places where you are welcome?

You want to be useful for your school and the society?

Come to the classroom 3-6, and write down your name into the notepad.

Himeoka-sama will find you a purpose, and give you the chance to make new friends and spend your time well!]

While I liked the idea, I wondered how she will do it all.

I did my job and printed everything. Then I went to pin the lists to the boards.

“Minohara-san, good morning. Working hard, as always?” One of the teachers greeted me.

“Good morning, Sensei. There is always some work to be done~!” I smiled. But the teacher’s face was darkened when he saw what I am pinning.

Ding-ding

He looked into his phone and quickly walked away without saying a word.

Might be another meeting, so I just continued working.


I finished my task only by the time the bell rang.

Phew…

And then I thought, why you didn’t greet me~♪☆.

G-good morning… Wa!” The Queen hugged me and bent to put her head below mine.

“Ah, right~♪☆. What I wanted to tell you is that I will be waiting during the lunch break~♪☆. You know where~♪☆. Bye-bye~♪☆!” She disappeared as fast as she showed up.

During the lessons I was less focused than usually. Tomo-chan was messaging me all the time and complaining that the lessons are boring. I was distracted by our chatting, and the language teacher’s mumbling was not helping me to concentrate.

Through the force of my will I managed to study and even answered a question.

By the lunchtime I was a squeezed lemon. The last time I was so exhausted was when I forgot to do my homework and then there were 2 surprise tests.

I sighed and took my bento.

I arrived to the Queen’s temporary shelter and knocked.

Come in~♪☆.

I opened the door and was astonished.

The room was completely dark.

It is still light outside but the curtains were all closed.

W-why are the lights turned off?!

My eyes are resting☆.” A hand waved me from behind the sofa back.

I approached and looked there, and saw the Queen lying on the sofa with her jacket and skirt thrown on the carpet.

She squinted at me.

My Queen, were you not the one who was going to be showing up in the classroom? Were you sleeping here the entire morning?!

Yaaawn’ “Give me some ice cream☆.

10