Ch 9. The magazines crisis
176 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt that despite all of my efforts Tomo-chan learnt nothing…

Toshiba-san…

Ugh…!” (T)

Stop bringing everything you want to the school. I am already tired of bailing your phone out of the teachers’ room! I will die of shame if I have to start explaining how ‘my’ magazines ended up in the school.

Pffft…!” (T)

What is it…?

“I just imagined what would happen if I bring an adult magazine.” (T)

Toshiba-san, are you a boy to bring such junk here?” Kurosawa-kun gulped and pretended he heard nothing. While I don’t remember hearing that he brought something, I guess he knows what we are talking about.

Personally, I know about such magazines only from Nakayama-san’s reports.

“Fiiine, I’m going home. Have fun, Yuki-chan~!” (T)

I sighed and headed to the council room.


Click

Kurosawa-kun and I entered.

“So, are we going to start discussing a heroic plan to fight the forces of evil, or we are going to wait for the others?” (K)

“First, let’s sort the papers.” I pointed at a thick stack on the desk.

Hoshino-san, where are you…?” He whined.

While Kurosawa-kun loves to whine and is somewhat air-headed, he is very capable. One of the reasons I was able to form the council and keep this circus going was exactly because I have the best team ever.

In a matter of minutes all of the papers were sorted. I started signing the ones that require it. For example, the budget papers for clubs.

What’s that…?

What is it, Minohara-Kaichou?” Kurosawa-kun looked at me.

“The classroom 3-6 was registered as a club with 2 members. MY name ended up there, even though…

Ding-ding

[You received message from ‘Unknown number

“Hope you are happy with having your name enlisted♪☆. I saw a couple of candidates signing up for interview♪☆. Come tomorrow at the lunch break~♪☆. Seeya~♪☆”]

Sigh

Okay… Still, it is a club with two members, even though it should have 5! And it even has financing!

“I’ll ask Minami-san when she arrives. Let me handle it.” (K)

I returned to the papers. There were no more weird artifacts.

“Kudos. Kurosawa-san and Minohara-san are as hard-working as ever~!” Hoshino-san and Minami-san entered.

Minami-san, can you take a look at this one?” (K)

She skimmed the paper.

What…?” (M)

Is it so bad?

Seriously… Give me a moment…” She started cross-referencing the accountant books.

“Hey, Minohara-san, the 3-6 is indeed authorized, and the spendings are included.” (M)

Okay… Alright, guys! Any other news we should discuss?

“I informed everybody of today’s topic.” (K)

“I’ll just be counting.” (M)

“I already finished with my assignments.” (H)

Knock-knock

“Come in!”

“Sorry for being late.” Nakayama-san entered and sat at the table.

“Then, let’s start the meeting.

Nakayama-san, your suggestions of increased vigilance are…

S*.” Minami-san interrupted me immediately.

No one was surprised. She can be rude sometimes, and it is but a part of her flashy appearance. She is gyaru, who somehow showed interest in the council. The rude remarks of hers are frequently forgiven, after all, she is in top 5 of school in mathematics, and the rest of the top are also present here. We all are equals in this solitude.

It’s a bit too direct…

The point is, WHY?! The manga club will not be able to function with this restriction of yours. Not to mention, it makes no sense! The magazines and manga were not interfering with the academic performance, unlike the phones!

Minohara-san, you are the last person I want to hear this from!” (N)

This is not a prison! There is a limit to how much we can restrict the entertainment!” (M)

And especially I don’t want to hear it from Minami-san!” (N)

I sighed…

“Guys, let’s calm down! Even Kaichou is sighing already, and it’s just the beginning!” (K)

The council went silent and waited for my words.

Nakayama-san, were there any cases of adult manga and magazines?

N-not yet.” (N)

Any cases of truancy because of magazines?

No…” (N)

“Then…”

Fine! There was nothing bad yet! But it does not mean…!” The arguement was interrupted by a sound of a phone.

Everybody looked at Minami-san. She was typing something in her phone. I just peeked and saw that it is a warning to all gyarus. They are asked to consider Nakayama-san a garbage pile.

“I kindly ask you not to start confiscating magazines. Unless you find adult magazines. The topic is closed.

'Just wait for the elections...' Nakayama-san grumbled, and stormed out of the room.

We ran out of topics, so everybody left after their work was done.

I prepared for tomorrow…

7