Ch 14. Lost in luxury
145 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“No, no, I just wondered if I can give you a lift~. My schedule is a bit loose today, I may waste some time for no reason♪.” She stood up, and clapped her shoes.

“It would be the highest honor, my Queen!” To think that I will spend more time with the Queen~!

Good~♪☆. I will be waiting for you by the gates~♪☆.” The Queen exited the school, and headed to the gates.

I tried to be as quick as I can. I changed the shoes, and put the indoor shoes into the locker.

I rushed outside but the Queen was already by the entrance, and was standing there lonely, while the other students passed by her.

She was talking on the phone, and ended the call just a couple of moments before I approached her.

“Ara, ara, ara, Yukichi, there is no rush~♪☆. Why would you run like this~♪☆? Aww, look at you~♪, you’re all panting like you were g*b*ed~♪☆.” The Queen deliberately said the last part louder, and grinned like a beautiful devil while the others laughed.

I was too careless, my Queen. It won’t happen again.” I grit my teeth, and pretended nothing happened.


The black sedan was already waiting at the gates, and a man in a suit was standing on guard.

“Hideo, have you prepared?” The usually cheerful Queen suddenly turned ice-cold.

“Yes, Himeoka-sama. Minohara-sama’s address was entered into the GPS.” The man bowed, and gracefully opened the door.

Without saying a word, the Queen sat inside the car and the man closed the door. Then he beckoned me to follow him, and he led me to the right door of the car. I stood stupefied, when he opened the door for me.

“Minohara-sama, is there something wrong?

Ah, n-no, i-it’s nothing…” I blushed and sat on the leather seat.

Bang

The door was closed, and the man sat on the driver’s seat.

I was shocked by the outstanding insides of the car.

The front seats were separated from the back by a transparent glass. The seats were super comfortable and warm. Between the two seats was a bar fridge and a stand for glasses. The glasses themselves were nearby.

I glanced at the Queen. She was mindlessly staring forward, without paying attention to the luxurious interior of the car.

Mhm?” She glanced at me.

Is there something wrong, Yukichi?” Unlike the cheerful Queen, to whom I grew so attached, this one was… distant… melancholic, maybe.

“Don’t be shy.” She prompted me, and I embarrassedly opened the fridge.

Inside of it were so many drinks that my eyes lost their focus.

Something sweet? Maybe something sour? Try this one.” The Queen picked a pink can, and gave it to me.

I had no idea what this drink is, and its label was in English, or maybe not in English.

Slurp

I took a sip, and the drink was… otherworldly?

It was super-sweet, a perfect match for the sweet-tooth Queen, and it was very refreshing.

“My Queen, I am curious, how… much does it cost…?” I pointed at the drink.

Hm… I have no idea, should be around ¥4000.” I choked.

This… this little can… it costs like a bottle of good wine…?

And… h-how much is this… car…?

I’d rather avoid calling for an ambulance.Just one phrase was enough for me to understand…

This is beyond ridiculous…

My heart… It is either the beginning of a heart attack, or I am too thankful for the Queen, whose generosity transcends the Heavens.

Just this much, driving me back home, should be costing someone a fortune…


While I was finishing the golden drink, the car entered the neighborhood.

The car stopped right in front of my house, and before I could reach the door handle, the driver exited and opened the door for me.

I took a glance at the bar fridge, and suddenly my eyes met the Queen’s.

What is it? Take as many as you want, it doesn’t cost much.

I cried, as I carried four cans of ridiculously sweet drink home.

This Ojou-sama is beyond human understanding… To waste so much money just because…?

C-could it be I misunderstand the Queen’s generosity…?

I-is it because she still considers me her childhood friend…?

Or… is it something…

More intimate…?

10