Ch 15. Dreams of a princess
155 8 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Immediately after I entered the house, I headed to the fridge to put the drinks there. These four cans are the Queen’s generosity and must not be wasted. I don’t think I would be able to face her if I let this much money rot because I did not put them into the fridge in time.

Mother was cooking. When I entered the kitchen, she glanced at me.

“Welcome home, Yuki. The dinner is almost ready. Don’t drink too much soda, or your stomach will ache~.

“Yes, Mother.”

I approached the fridge and put the cans in.

Yuki?! Why did you not take the shoes off?” I twitched when I heard Mother’s surprised shriek.

Erhm…” I immediately bowed and headed to take the shoes off.

To think I did such a childish mistake…

I am sorry, Mother. I’ll clean it right away.

Yuki, what happened today? You are absent-minded. Did something happen at school? Are you being bullied?!” With every passing second Mother was becoming more and more agitated, so I hurried to clear the misunderstanding.

“Of course not! It’s just… I was given a lift by the Queen… And then she gave me the drinks…

The Queen…? You are not talking about that girl, are you…? I never heard of that tomboy ever since you went to the elementary school.

Y-yes, the Queen has returned~.” I smiled but Mother immediately sighed.

And here I thought you are finally over it…” Mother facepalmed, and returned to cooking.

“Yuki, if that girl has some time, how about inviting her for a dinner? I would like to make sure that person is not going to do anything bad to you. Masuda-san’s son is still having hysterics when he sees blondes.” She added.

Ha-ha-ha…Sorry, Kirito-kun…

[-‘Emergency direct chat’-

You – “My Queen, my Mother would like to invite you to have a dinner. If you would like, we will be the most grateful to have you here.”]

I pondered for a few minutes before sending her the message. What if I was not polite enough? What if the Queen thinks I am bothersome?!

[-‘Emergency direct chat’-

‘Princess-mother’ – “Just not today, I am busy tonight. I will send you the list of the days I am free enough.”

‘Princess-mother’ – ‘Free days schedule May.docx’]

After the Queen responded, I started doing my homework. The language teacher gave us a lot of homework today, as if he was taking a revenge on me for meeting with the Queen.

Father was working overtime, so the dinner was spent with Sora and Mother.

“How is your school life going?” Mother asked me with a tone suggesting me to motivate my Imouto.

“Everything is going great. We have a new club opened, and I am already enlisted.”

“What club is it? Oh, could it be it’s Ikebana club you wanted to have~?Why does she remember my dreams from middle school…?

It’s not… It’s the Queen’s club. Today was the establishment meeting.”

Queen? Like in fairy tales?” Sora’s eyes shone as she imagined something.

Yes, yes~! The Queen, like ones in fairy tales~!” I petted my cute Imouto.

Again…?Mother was not happy to hear it…

“Speaking of the Queen, she wouldn’t come today.”

Yuki, I love you, but you are a dummy. Why would you think she would come today?Oh…

“Don’t worry, Onee-chan, we all love you, even though you are weird. Sora, don’t torture me…


After I washed the dishes, I went to sleep.

It was only 8 o’clock, so somebody entered my room.

I’m sleeping…

“Onee-chan, read me a tale!” I searched for the glasses, and beckoned my Imouto to sit down at my bed.

Sora snuggled closer and lied down between my arms.

After a tale or two about princesses, she was asleep.

Mother was already going to put my Imouto to bed but after she didn’t find her in her room, Mother checked my room.

Psst.’ I pointed at the snorting girl.

Is it alright? Should I take her away?’ Mother asked me.

It’s fine. Go sleep, Mother. Tomorrow will be another hard day.’ We waved each other and both went to sleep.

I hugged the little angel, and drifted away into the dreams.

9