Ch 19. Hikki-sensei
121 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tomo-chan and I went home together. On our way I answered the expected question about what we are doing in the Queen’s room.

“I’d say there is nothing special. We are studying, chatting, and sometimes doing chores for the Queen.”

Then what’s the point…?” Tomo-chan looked confused.

“The point is that the Queen made a good place for students to gather. It is comfortable, it is officially recognized, and nobody bothers us.”

Oh, wow, doing chores for someone for the sake of having a comfy room…” (T)

“W-well, it’s not just a room that’s comfortable. It’s about the atmosphere. Like, we have a common cause, we are united under the same banner, that sort of thing.”

The almighty President has become a fangirl. So, what are you going to do there? Why am I being invited to your cozy corner?” We already were by her house, so it was the last question I could answer. Not that Toshiba-oneesan would mind me staying for a cup of tea.

“Honestly, I have no idea. Maybe the Queen wishes to give you another chance to join us?

No, thank you. The last thing I want to do is to be someone’s lackey.” After we said goodbye to each other, I returned home.

Tomorrow will be a tough day, so I prepared myself for everything that might happen.


After the lunch break I went to the class 3-6 and stood by the door. Tomo-chan planned to buy some soda and I am waiting for her.

“I’m here~.” She waved a package with a cinnamon bun.

“Let’s come inside, shall we?”

We entered the room. Everybody was already here.

Fukuda-kun waved around a bunch of printouts and we quietly sat in the armchairs.

What is going on?’ (T)

“Don’t be shy~♪☆.” The Queen patted a stack of papers by her side. I picked up a couple of them and glanced at her in surprise.

“Are those for the tests?”

“Yes~☆. Today we’re having a mass preparation for the tests~☆. Yasuda-chan and Yukichi can act as the tutors~♪☆. If you have any questions you can’t solve – ask away~♪☆.” Tomo-chan raised her hand a second later.

Hey, are you sure a hikki like you can help us with tests…?” Before I could cover up for my friend’s tactlessness, the Queen responded.

“You bet this hikki is prepared for everything~♪. Also, the tests are said to be harder than the usual ones~♪☆. It’s just an insider info~♪☆.

“If it’s insider info, how did YOU get your hands on it?!” (T)

“The same way I got your address, phone number, both of your e-mails, and your father’s insurance number~♪☆.” We all pretended we didn’t hear that. I made a note for myself to ask Tomo-chan about her second e-mail.

There were many questions for the Queen, since the materials were indeed harder than the usual ones.

Hey, Yuki-chan, are the tests really going to be soon…?’ (T)

I’ll tell you more than that, they will be tomorrow.’ I will thank the Queen for saving Tomo-chan, as many times as needed.

Until the lessons were over we stayed in the Queen’s room and studied. When I return home, I will have to sit a bit longer today and make up for my insufficient preparations. Today’s studying session was a blessing in disguise.

So was the hanging out later.

“I tell you, people, this author’s novels are superb!” (F)

Erhm, yes… Fukuda-kun, thank you very much for telling us all this…” For 10 minutes straight we had to listen how Fukuda-kun was praising his favorite author.

“Come on, President, if you didn’t spend most of your time studying, you might’ve read those novels too.” Only one of us was following Fukuda-kun’s chatter.

“I too am sure Minohara-san could use reading something light.” (F)

That’s our President to you~.” Tomo-chan shrugged her shoulders, as if I am the one who stands out from the crowd. And as if it is me who brings all sorts of stuff to school.

“Toshiba-san, you are the last person to be talking about reading something else.”

Here she goes again…~” (T)

“Now that I’m thinking, does Himeoka-san read something light?” (T)

Honestly…? I never thought about it before~♪☆.” For a second the Queen appeared to be in thoughts. She must be too used to rich lifestyle.

All those parties with rich and powerful, sleeping in luxury, eating luxury...

At least here I can be useful for her, by helping her to adapt to JK lifestyle!

7