Ch 21. Small and large scale accounting
114 7 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I escorted the Queen to her room, I headed to the classroom.

I opened the door.

“I am sorry for being late, Teacher. Can I come inside?”

“Minohara-san, your diligence is commendable but the Student council’s duties could wait a bit. Take the test blank.” Luckily, the teacher didn’t ask what I was doing.

When I sat down, I looked through the questions, and sighed out in relief. Our preparations paid off. Only one or two questions may cause a problem, since we just started learning them.

My own work also paid off, and I quickly started writing down the answers.

Within the same day we passed all circles of hell: Japanese, mathematics, history, literature, natural sciences, and social studies. English and minors are going to be tomorrow, and are barely counted as a problem.

I met with Tomo-chan right after the last test was over.

I thought I was going to die…” When she started a feigned crying, I hugged her.

“It’s alright, it’s over now… How about we go buy ourselves something sweet?

“Good idea~! I know a nice ice cream café near the station. Let’s go?” (T)

“At least let’s change the shoes~.” We headed to the lockers but before we could start, I heard a call from behind.

Minohara-Kaichou, we’re having a meeting right now! Sorry for the emergency!” Kurosawa-kun beckoned me to follow.

Just why now of all times, you little…’ Tomo-chan gritted her teeth, and lightly pushed me towards Kurosawa-kun.

“Go, I’ll wait for you. Just mail me, if you’re going to stay there for long.” She continued mumbling curses, as she went to the lockers.

Just what is so important to interrupt maidens’ fun?!” I hurried after the vice-president.

“I’m really sorry, the tennis club pushed us a list of their expenses, and somehow they managed to spend the unallocated funds. Now we have to deal with this mess.” (K)

“Minami-san will kill them.”

Oh, she already does.” The only Council member whom you don’t want to p* off is Minami-san. Making an enemy of her is the same as making all gyarus of the school your enemies. As well as having your club get less money.

Those who control money flow are the most influential people.

Well, I am somehow safe from her rage. Maybe because I deal with that mess together with her.


We rushed inside the Council’s room.

Seize fighting!” I shouted from the doorstep.

Minami-san was ruffling the tennis club’s president’s collar, and shouting something about ‘idiot’, ‘I will have to rewrite everything from scratch’, and ‘how are we supposed to solve this?’.

“Minami-san, breathe in, and breathe out. How much did they spend?” She glared at a piece of paper on the desk.

It was the financial report of the club.

The numbers there…

“Minami-san, please, release him. With this much money spent you shouldn’t shout at him. I will deal with this. I should strangle him with my own hands.I had no idea how it is possible to spend two times the allocated money. All of which are used from the school budget.

You see, there is a bit of an issue.” (M)

And that is…?

“We already got the cash distributed. We’ll have to explain this to the school’s accountants.” We nodded to each other. The aunties there are the second most dreadful type of people in this school. The indisputable number one are the board of directors. The ones who can fire at will any staff.

Why are we so lucky…?

UNlucky.” The two of us prepared to suffer.

Are there any clubs which didn’t waste their money by now…?

“There is only one. That ‘Clique’. They didn’t submit any spending reports. And you happen to be one of them.” Seeing that it is the only option, I immediately picked the phone.

[-‘Emergency direct chat’-

You – “My Queen, can we recall the funding of the Clique? We have a gaping hole in the finances.”

Princess-mother’ – “Sure~♪☆. Take whatever you need from there~♪☆. Though, if you are so desperate for quick cash, you could’ve just asked~♪☆☆☆.”

You – “It is only for the Council! Really!”]

W-well, Minami-san, go ahead. The Queen says it’s okay. Can I go now?

“Sure, of course, no problem, no problem~! Just leave me alone here, to deal with all this mess by myself~! You owe me, got it? You must join our bunch when we go to the karaoke next time!” (M)

6