Ch 22. The provisional member
111 8 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, after the tests were over and it was the lunch break, Tomo-chan and I sat in my class, and started exchanging news.

The tennis club surely are something.” (T)

Yeah. They managed to get money out of who-knows-where, without even caring for where they come from.”

“And now you also happen to be Minami’s buddy for their next outing? Have you decided in which color you want your hair done?” I smiled wryly.

Well, Minami-san says pink suits me the best, it makes my expression contrast with my looks. Don’t laugh!

Ghi-hi-hi, s-hi-hi-ure, no laughing~! Just imagining you with…” I quickly covered her mouth.

Should I count you in? I think they don’t care about who joins, as long as there are more people.

“I heard something about ‘blind date’ they are planning. Rings any bells~?” I fixed my glasses.

Minami-san, you are dead if it’s true.

“Oh my god~! The Pres is now dead serious~! Run while you can, Yasuko-chan~!” (T)

Toshiba-san?” In a split second, her expression turned from cheers-and-giggles to ‘why me?!’.

Enough is enough.

Erhm…! Hey! Himeoka-san! Can you take your doggie away? Please?” I fixed my glasses again. Now, in serious way.

Toshiba-san. As you may know, this school…

Ding-ding

[You received message from ‘Unknown number’.

“Yu-ki-chi~, come here, doggie~♪☆! And don’t forget to inform Tomoko-chan, that I wish to speak to her tomorrow, during our lovely club activity~♪☆! X.O.X.O”]

Wow, I never thought this would work out.” Tomo-chan was looking at the phone with dumbfounded expression.

One thing I know for sure, the Queen would not mail me without any reason at all.

This conversation is but postponed. We are yet to finish the bentos, so be ready.” I lightly hit the desk, and hurried to the Queen.


I opened the door and entered.

“My Queen, you wished to see me?”

Mhm~, Yukichi, I was going to follow Tetsuo-chan’s advice to read some novels, which is why tomorrow we are having hobby meeting~♪☆. I hope you like koto~♪☆?

What’s that…?” I pretended that I have no idea.

Terrific~♪☆! Then, after the meeting, when it~ is~ just~ two~ of~ us~, I will personally teach you how to play koto~♪☆.” My cheeks burnt, and my imagination was about to go crazy from the suggestion, but then the Queen continued.

“Ice cream~♪☆. Lime-flavored~♪☆.”

I opened the fridge, and among the labels of all sorts, I somehow managed to find a can of ice cream with a green lemon on it. Since all of the labels are written in Latin characters, I have no idea what it contains. My English is not good enough for that… ‘Mille-feuille’? Just how those Americans can pronounce that?

“Here it is.”

“Thanks~♪☆. Free♪.” I did not understand what my Queen meant, but judging by the fact that she no longer paid any attention to me, I was dismissed.


I returned to the classroom.

“So, what’ve you talked about?” Tomo-chan was patiently waiting for me to return, and was yet to touch the bento.

“She said we will be having a hobby meeting. Literature, and stuff.

“Ah, great! Hey, Yu-ki-cha-n~, how about you help me bring my favorite manga to the school~? Pretty please~?” (T)

No.

But…~!” (T)

NO. Just how are you going to explain bringing a pile of manga to the school?”

Jeez, you’re such a Pres…What was that supposed to mean…?

Ding-ding

[You received message from ‘Unknown number’.

“Yukichi, tell her to leave her manga on the closest bench to the playground of the park near the school~♪☆. I will arrange for everything~♪☆! But she must not get in between us when we are secluded with koto~♪☆!”]

Yes, my Queen!” I shouted at the ceiling.

What the heck happened now?” Tomo-chan looked at me with an expression of disgust.

Hey? What’s up with that look? My Queen said that if you leave the manga on the bench by the playground, she will have it all brought in.”

Aha? And the Discipline committee is not going to stop it?” She was very suspicious. Can’t blame her, those guys are very tough nuts, and they surely will not overlook a stack of manga being brought in, even by the manga club’s members.

“Well, the Queen said it, so…”

Whatever. I’ll trust not her but you! I know that my lovely Yuki-chan will rescue my manga from the villains~!” Tomo-chan walked around the desk, and hugged me.

Yeah, yeah… But only this once, and only because the Queen said she will have it arranged. I am still against bringing all sorts of useless things to school. Your marks are…”

DIIIIING

“Thank you, ring-sama!” Tomo-chan thanked the bell, that saved her from a prolonged chastising.

8