Ch 30. Part 2. The power of cash
110 7 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl desperately scrolled down through the list of contacts. Right now there may only be one person who can help her get the kidnapped girl, before it’s too late.

They aim for my stocks…!” The girl’s blood boiled.

Just from a quick estimation, should the news of somebody connected to her being killed, or just kidnapped, would cause 1-3% stock price fall within the first few hours, making her lose billions just from the public reaction.

The PR department would not be capable of salvaging the situation.

They aimed for it since the very start…! How could I be so blind?!

Finally, she found the number.

She spent several minutes just to calm down.

Riiing… Riiing… Riiing…

I will kill him, should he not pick up…!’ The girl gritted her teeth.

“It is… you…?” A voice responded.

You’ve forgotten about me~♪☆? Even though I helped you so much during the elections, Shinzo~♪☆?

“Just tell what you want…” The voice was struggling to keep amiable attitude.

“Minohara Yuki~♪☆. Kidnapped 2 days ago, and somehow still not found~♪☆. You bet that any loss I suffer will come back to bite your a*.

No need to blackmail me! You need help, I give it! What is the offer?” For a while they both remained silent.

One favor forgotten. Time is of the essence. The time runs out today.”

“I will make a couple of calls. They will inform you, if there are any results.” The voice’s amiable attitude returned after hearing the price of helping.

“Good to know~♪☆. There MUST be results.” The girl hanged up, and lied down.

3 hours until the current events.

Ringtone

“Moshi-moshi. … You found her?! Good! I want the entire place surrounded, quietly! … Yes, I will do everything myself. SWAT will charge on my signal. … Uhu. … Yes, I am going. Send everything to my e-mail.”

In a minute she received all information on the case, including the information on the kidnappers.

I just love that I had to kick them to make them work…

She immediately called.

“We are heading out. I’ll send you the coordinates.”

The girl hurried to the school gates.

Screech of brakes

Himeoka-sama!” Hideo rushed to open her the door.

“Drive as fast as you can.” The driver quickly bowed, and rushed back to his seat.

The usually gentle and slow sedan suddenly turned brutal.

WRRRRR

The one-of-a-kind luxury car was pushed to its limits.

When the car made another turn, it approached a shopping mall, the closest to the school.

Suddenly, from the mall’s parking emerged two more cars: two large black SUVs.

They immediately sandwiched the sedan between them, from the front and the back.

Through the intercom the girl heard: ‘The convoy has joined up’.

10 minutes until the current events.

The sedan stopped somewhere in front of an abandoned warehouse zone, far away from the city.

As the girl exited the car, the SUVs’ doors opened too, and a bunch of people, all armed with carbines, spread around the surrounding area.

The girl looked around. Somewhere in this zone should be her asset, that stupid girl, who created a huge mess.

She looked back, at a building across the road.

Her eyes stopped at a long window on the third floor.

Then, a flashlight blinked there, but the girl only nodded. The police snipers were in place.

She headed in the zone.

She required no bodyguards, and no intel. Now that she is here, she knew everything she needed to know.

The girl approached a warehouse at the far end of the zone.

Creak

A rusty metal door opened only after the girl applied all her available strength.

She entered, and her worst expectations were lifted: there was no need to cover up for a dead body.

Before she could say something heroic about this, a man stepped forward and drew a gun.

Who would’ve thought that somebody of your caliber would visit this shabby place~.” He grinned.

But the girl only smiled, and put her hand inside her bag.

What~, you’re going to pay her ransom~?” As the man sneered, the girl found what she searched for.

Ping

Yuki’s head dropped, as the girl lost her conscience.

Ha?” The kidnappers were surprised.

“Well, good for her, she won’t see her precious friend die~.” The man grinned, as if he was the one in control of the situation. He aimed the gun at the girl, and was about to pull the trigger.

Ping

W-what the…?!” But his hand did not listen to him.

“Ara, ara, ara~♪☆? Why are you pointing the gun at yourself~♪☆?

YOU BIT…!” The man shrieked in shock.

BANG

GO, GO, GO!” The metal door was kicked-opened, and the SWAT operatives rushed in.

Before anyone knew, the fight was over.

The victor, the golden-haired girl, stood by the entrance, and watched how the kidnappers were apprehended.

6