Ch 34. The abyss stares back
90 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Once again, thank you very much, Himek-oka-san… We are very grateful to you…” Both Father and Mother were repeating gratitudes every few minutes.

From the other side of the table, the Queen was nodding to them with a smile.

Sora was playing with a banana, which she received for helping to serve the table.

And Tomo-chan was searching for something in her phone.

“Gochisousama.” I was finally done eating, and was about to join the conversation, when Tomo-chan exclaimed.

WHAT THE HELL?!” (T)

WORDS, YOUNG LADY.” Mother’s shout made the entire table, except for the Queen, straighten and shut up.

Sorry…” Tomo-chan cautiously looked at Sora, and she pretended that she didn’t hear anything.

“I just found about the car that person over there uses.” (T)

So what?

Aside from the site making a mistake, and putting a price tag of a mansion on a used car? Nothing much, nothing at all.” She meaningfully glanced at the Queen.

The Queen stopped looking into her phone, and looked at us.

“Well, amateurs♪.

“Let me take a look.” Tomo-chan was about to pass me the phone, but the Queen responded.

You want her to have a heart attack~♪?” And the phone was snatched back immediately.

“Hey!”

Himeoka-san, is your car the XQ-8?” (T)

“Yeah♪.”

One moment…” Tomo-chan continued searching, but with every moment she was getting paler and paler…

Hey, Himeoka, are you sure they don’t just put a mansion’s price tag on everything…?” (T)

A-ma-te-urs♪.

“I’d get it if it was one, two, ok, TEN, but not every single one!” Tomo-chan was about to have a seizure.

Lemme look too...♪” The Queen searched for something too, but unlike Tomo-chan…

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA~♪☆!” She started laughing out loud…

What’s so funny…?

They think a second-hand consumer goods are worth that much~♪☆? Ha-ha-ha~♪☆.

Ain’t you using those ‘consumer goods’ too?” (T)

The Queen answered nothing. She just passed her phone to Tomo-chan.

Tomo-chan answered nothing too. She just fainted on the spot…


Tomoko’s POV

If somebody was to tell me that an unremarkable black sedan was one of the most expensive luxury cars on the market, I would surely laugh…

The problem is, if Wikipedia page of that car has the owner named directly, and states that only 4 of such cars were ever produced, and only for that person – then the world has gone crazy.

“Just accept the reality, will you♪?”

Shut up! That’s impossible! Somebody wrote that for you!

Whatever you say♪.

The dinner was over, and Minohara-oneesan started picking up the dishes.

Yuki-chan stood up too, and was about to start helping out, when that person grabbed her hand.

“Come with me, Yukichi~♪☆.”

Ah, ok.” A meek lamb was dragged away.

“Sora-chan, can you please pick up the snacks and bring them to my room?” (Y)

“Got it~!” Sora-chan was finishing her dessert.

“Tomoko, can I ask you to help?” Before I had a chance to slip away, Minohara-oneesan grabbed me by the hand, and I was forced to work…

Luckily, making a guest wash the dishes was too much for this household, so I was let go after I cleaned the table of the tableware.

I went upstairs, and opened the door to Yuki’s room.

There I saw something ridiculous.

Yuki and that person were sitting in front of each other, but the weird thing is that Yuki was… unresponsive…? She was staring somewhere into an abyss with an unfocused gaze, while that person was just looking at her thoughtfully.

What’s going on?

“None of your business.” That person didn’t even spare a glance.

What’s your problem?! Hey, Yuki-chan, what’s happening?! What did you do to her?!

That person closed Yuki-chan’s ears.

You are saying this as if I like it myself.

Do you not?

Get out, will you?” The way that ‘queen’ was speaking was way different from what she usually did, making me wonder even more about…

Ah, right… Yuki-chan must’ve been ordered to stay like this for whatever reason.

I better go downstairs, and bring the snacks Yuki-chan asked me to.

‘…ed as a stimulus…?

I closed the door, and headed to the stairs. Sora-chan was going upstairs with a small bag of junk food for tonight’s sleepover.

“Oh, thank you, Sora-chan~!”

“No problem~!” Yuki’s little treasure smiled.

I took the bag, and returned.

Bang

I opened the door with a kick, and…

Toshiba-san…Oh no…

Did you think that opening the door in such a way is acceptable…?God… please, if you exist…

So please, come in~.” … save me…

6