Ch 41. The Queen’s regent
76 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
The unplanned break has ended. For now.

It was the first week of the summer vacation.

Yesterday I was lying in a hammock and digesting a watermelon, when I received a message from the Queen.

[‘Group chat

Princess-mother’ (Admin) – “@Frozen_glasses, tomorrow I want you to come to the school.”

You – “@Princess-mother, why? Would the school even be opened?”

Princess-mother’ (Admin) – “@Frozen_glasses, Just do it.”]


Since I was suddenly called, I was not exactly happy. If it was not for the Queen, I would not even bother with moving myself anywhere but to the closest shop to buy an ice cream.

When I arrived, I saw that there is a car parked in front of the closed gates. Without further ado, I approached the car.

“Minohara-sama, please, follow me.” The driver led me to the rear left door where the Queen usually sits.

I sat inside the empty car, and the Queen’s driver delivered me to a hotel in the center of Y.

“Minohara-sama, please, proceed inside.” The driver closed the door behind me, and escorted me all the way to the hotel. He approached someone from the staff, and talked about something.

Meanwhile, I admired the luxurious interior of the hotel.

It was not some kind of a hotel with gold anywhere but on plants, but it was still very pleasant. Recently I realized that I am getting way too used to rich surroundings.

I just stood somewhere by a wall, and pretended that my catchy poor shirt is just a doormat hanged for drying. Despite all of my efforts, the respectable men in suits and glamorous ladies in dresses were looking at me with overt confusion. I too was confused what I even forgot here. But it was all until a staff member approached me.

“Are you perhaps Minohara Yuki?” It was a young concierge, who, after I nodded, led me to the elevators, and after we reached the set floor, he led me to one of the suites.

“Himeoka-sama, your guest has arrived.” The concierge lightly knocked, and immediately after declaring my arrival he walked away.


I felt like I should enter, so I opened the door.

Right from the doorstep I saw the Queen sitting at a desk and printing something.

My Queen?” She gestured me not to bother her, so I sat down on a couch.

10 minutes later she leaned back, and sighed.

You came later than I expected. Well, I should’ve written the time, shouldn’t I?” Her voice was filled with tiredness, so I stood up to go and massage her.

No need… Better give me the coffee. There, on the bedtable.” When I returned with a thermos of coffee, I saw a huge table with numbers on her laptop. The numbers were scary, the numbers were huge.

Maybe you would need an accountant…?’ I thought about my Mother, who was one, prior to becoming a housewife and marrying the housework, all because of me and my imouto.

“I didn’t call you for that. Tonight I’ll be leaving the country, so I want you to take care of the Clique while I’m gone.” She picked several files from the desk.

“Those two are the information on the people recruited. Familiarize yourself with whom you are dealing with. This one is the schedule I was planning to have, prior to the oh-so-f*ing-sudden change of plans. You know the routine: make everybody get acquainted with each other and melt some ice. At least that much should be possible for the soon-to-be-nominated student council president. Solve this mess in my stead, and while you are here, go ahead with asking your questions.” She gulped the contents of the thermos in one go, and continued printing.

I quietly skimmed through the schedule, while asking all the questions I had. The schedule itself was nothing remarkable: the same meetings we had when the club was just established. The Queen was going to spend an entire week on bonding to have the club start working as intended when the lessons start.

Now, all this work fell on my fragile sho…

If you want to complain, you can help me out here.Then I remembered that I forgot to turn off the stove, and rushed away.

4