Ch 44. The pool of ideas
58 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I somewhat succeeded in getting the club members to know each other, I returned to suffering from an incurable disease: the summer laze.

Even after the family trip to Okinawa, I was not even trying to lift a finger. There was nothing for me to do, and neither I wanted to do anything: the studying was done preemptively, the chores are done by Mother, and Father who took a vacation, and I only need to lie on the terrace and eat watermelons.

While I was doing my one and only task for the summer, I saw Mother’s shadow cover me.

“Yuki, can’t you at least sweep the yard? How are you going to work later on, if you can’t even organize yourself to take care of your own house? It all starts with your house! You will be keeping your workplace organized as good as you keep your own house clean! Do you think your future colleagues would appreciate seeing a mess in your workspace? Would your future boss like to see a sloven work for him? Yuki, I am worrying about you, so at least try listening!” I knew only one thing: I can only listen and stay silent.

It is not that I am some kind of a messy person who does nothing. It is about me not doing anything because I am resting during my vacation. However, I can’t escape the chores forever.

I took the leaf rake and started gathering the leaves and garbage. All while watching my imouto shamelessly play in an inflatable pool.

Ah, there were times when I too spent hours and hours in this pool. Especially I loved swimming around with the Queen when we were in the kindergarten…

Onee-chan! Did you get a heatstroke?! You’re twitching weirdly…!” (S)

I-it’s nothing…Hazukashi…

While I was looking at my imouto with obvious jealousy, all sorts of even more embarrassing things kept on popping up in my mind. All about my Queen being in swimsuits…

AAAAAH!!!” Finally, I had a breakdown and had to accept that it is impossible for me to stay sane while somebody swims in a pool (even if it’s my cute imouto) and I’m not.

Yuki, stop screaming!’ I flinched when I heard Mother’s shout.

I scrolled through the contacts, until I found an unremarkable number.

Gokigenyou, Toshiba-sama, may I invite you to partake in my humble offer to take a stroll around this wonderful city, and… LET’S GO TO THE POOL!”

Well, if it isn’t Minohara-sama. I sincerely thank you for the offer, and gratefully accept your good will. Speaking of which, why the hell you were talking like dat?” (T)

“I just felt like it. Can you go today?

“Sure as hell I can. I’d also have a few friends in tow…” She sounded disappointed.

Who…?

HEYA, THANK’S FOR THE INVITATION!” I almost had my eardrum tear when I heard a joyful shriek from the phone. I already knew the one who was there, and couldn’t help asking.

Tomo-chan, what have you forgotten with the gyarus?

Guess who caught me on my way to the cinema… They…” (T)

“We had one of ours sick today, and we had a reservation in the beauty salon. She was the closest person we could fetch, so~…” I both felt sorry, and felt even more jealous.

Let me guess, you’re tagging along…?

“Yeah.” Minami-san confirmed it immediately.

I felt like I cross paths with the gyarus way too often those days. At this pace I may be talked into dyeing my hair. Speaking of which…

“Minami-san~? Minami-san~?”

As if I would let her take my phone anymore!” (T)

“Great. So, which color is your hair now?

Bravo-Lima-Alfa-Charlie-Kilo.” Tomo-chan said in English.

What…?

BLACK.” She hissed.

“I guess they weren’t too pushy today?”

As if… You know, I’ve got a blue hair dye for free. Willing to try yourself?” (T)

“It’s not pink.”

Pink’s not your color.” (T)

I was yet to know that soon I will be regretting my words, because that traitor set the volume to loud, and the gyarus heard it all.

What would Yuki regret?
  • She will be forced to dye her hair pink. Votes: 3 75.0%
  • She will be teased the entire day. Votes: 1 25.0%
  • She will be forced to go shopping with the gyarus. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She will be forced to attend the gyarus' sleepover. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 4 · This poll was closed on Apr 6, 2022 09:19 AM.
2