Ch 48. The future prospects
61 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was already the end of the summer and I was counting the last days until the school starts.

I felt like I did everything I could’ve done in the summer, but I still wanted to keep on resting. The summer laze did not vacate yet, and I was not hurrying with curing myself from this pleasant disease.

I glanced around my room, and noticed that it was already the time to have a dinner. I spent the entire day watching videos and reading manga, and was yet to do anything useful.

But the moment I step out of the room would be the start of the payback.

I dragged this on for as long as I could, until the door was opened and a little face looked at me from the outer world.

“Onee-chan, are you going to stay here for the entire day? If yes, I will be going. Don’t blame me for eating your share.” My imouto got used to me being the laziest creature in the entire house and no longer even tried to do anything about it.

Eh?! Sora-chan, why?! Uuuu! Don’t be so harsh with your sister! Uuu!” Despite my attempts at playing hurt, my imouto’s expression didn’t change from the utter disappointment.

Lazy Onee-chan, give back my Diligent good-for-nothing Onee-chan.” I felt a stab to my heart.

So mean…!” Finally, I stood up and followed my imouto downstairs.

Mother and Father were already sitting at the table, and only waited for me.

I did it~!” My imouto cheered and jumped up.

Yesh, yesh, you did it~.” I patted her head, and sat down.

“At long last, the entire family is brought together.” Mother was surprisingly happy, and didn’t even nag.

With the family matriarch’s blessing we proceeded to eat today’s curry. This time we had spiced rice with turkey slices. When I was buying meat for the curry I had a sudden urge not to buy chicken.


While we were in the process of reducing the amount of curry in Father’s tomorrow bento, I noticed Mother and Father glancing at each other from time to time.

Though my Mother was not at her prime, I still had reasons to hope we would have a younger brother. Thinking about that, I was going to quietly drag Sora away after the dinner. But when we were done eating, Mother spoke.

“Yuki, Dad and I would like to speak with you. Sora, go to your room.” My imouto tilted her head clueless, but Mother beckoned her again. Mother was not appearing angry in any way and her gentle attitude was still here.

I could only hope it would remain after my imouto disappears from the view.

“Yuki, have you thought about your future?” Father started from somewhere far away.

Dear, let’s just tell her straight. Yuki, there is a part-time job at your Father’s workplace. Moreover, it appears they have an option of promotion.” Mother pushed Father with her elbow.

“Yes, they are searching for someone to help the accountant with the amount of paperwork we have. And, if you prove yourself capable, the director could even pay for your university education, and after graduation you will have a vacant position to work at. I am not telling you to do it exactly like this. I am just saying that it is the time for you to start thinking about the universities and the prospects.” What Father said was a direct ticket into the adult life, where I would have everything ready for a good start.

But I still wondered if I can find something for myself too.

“Well, we said what we wanted. Yuki, Mother supports you. We think that you should start choosing the universities and the curriculum right now, when you still have the privilege of biding your time.” I nodded.

“Thank you, Mother, Father. I’ll start thinking about it.” While I didn’t felt like I had a need to start doing this right now, I wondered if I should at least look at a few universities nearby.

But only in September.

3