Ch 52. The struggle for power
50 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later that day the Student Council met again, in our comfy solitude confinement.

I picked a chalk and started drawing scheme on the blackboard.

“My trusted sources claim that there are going to be 5 candidates. We are going to have to watch out for two: Nakayama-san, and the home economics club’s head. The former is a huge pain in the bottom, while the latter bribes the electorate with sweets and snacks on everyday basis. There are several things we need to decide now, while the candidates are being registered.

First, which one of us is going to be nominated?

Out of the entire student council only two people were unsuitable to become the next StudCo President: Nakayama-san, for obvious reasons, and Hoshino-san, because she herself doesn’t want to.

Everyone wrote notes and passed them to me. I read them, and wrote the results on the board.

“Kurosawa-kun abstained from making a decision, Minami-san voted for me, and Hoshino-san voted for Kurosawa-kun. Overall we have settled on nothing. My vote?

“Wait, I can just vote again, right?” Kurosawa-kun waved his hand.

“Well, sure.”

W-w-w-wait!” Hoshino-san stood up and started shaking her arms.

K-Kurosa-wa-kun already made a decision, so Minohara-san is the only one left!” (H)

S-sure…?” It was obvious whom I would choose.

I hope Minohara-san makes an impartial decision.” Hoshino-san added. But her eyes were clearly looking in the direction of Kurosawa-kun.

“Understood. Impartial it is. And since we are going with the conservatives, it would be MYSELF. With this it’s settled.” Hoshino-san frowned a little, but it was a sacrifice I am willing to take anytime.

“Neext on the list~, the targets.” Minami-san read from our lunch break draft.

“For the sake of reminders, the Queen is not going to support us just because. Which is why we better aim at the sports clubs. I reckon there are 9 clubs. NINE. Only the ‘Going home’ club would have more importance than them.”

Wait a moment, Pres! Don’t forget about the second most important, the fashion lovers! The entire girl population would carry you on hands, should you successfully implement permission to use cosmetics in school!” I sighed.

“I’m sure I’d have the entire gyaru movement’s support, but no, thank you.


We continued discussing the possible targets and the promises for the campaign, until we somewhat settled. Though my proposal of giving out free cinnamon buns to the Council members was shot down.

“... also we will increase the financial pool for clubs that have more than 5 active members, loosen the rules regarding manga, and forbid the disciplinary committee to nag the students when there is less than 5 minutes until the next lesson. As for the minor proposals…”

Phew, that was something… Hoshino-san, is everything written?” I glanced at our secretary, who was quickly typing in a computer.

Hoshino-san?” Without turning away from the monitor she shook her hand, and continued typing.

A minute later the girl was done.

“Everything is done. I will send you all the draft, message me if you see errors.” (H)

“Thank you for everything. On this note I suggest we end the meeting.”

While everybody went downstairs, I headed to the Queen’s room.

When I approached, I immediately noticed that there are quite a lot of notes in the notepad. Mostly they were about the planned activities. Including a recruitment of another batch.

Knock-knock

Enter~♪☆.

When I stepped inside, I was met by an impenetrable wall of darkness. But before I found the switch, the Queen called out to me.

“Instead, go and bring me something to eat~♪☆.”

And the lights?

Fo-o-od~♪.

I used the phone’s screen to light my way towards the fridge, and brought something made of jelly to the Queen.

“Nice choice~♪☆. Now, Yukichi, seat down here, and let’s talk about how you spent your summer vacation~♪☆. Just~ the~ two~ of~ us~♪☆.

3