Ch 54. The Queen’s impatience
81 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After several minutes of basic questions for filling in the hospital form, the man put away the papers.

“Minohara-san, let me ask a few questions about your condition.

First, what is the problem you are having?” (P)

I… I feel like I forget things sometimes, and…

“Do you happen to have ideas about the causes, or the events that predate the memory losses?” (D)

I…” Before I could say anything, I bit my tongue. There really is a thing common with the memory losses, but my Queen cannot be the reason. Which is why…

“I think it must have something to do with the amount of work she has~♪☆.”

“Very well, the next question is about the term. How long have you observed similar events?” (D)

I think the better question would be for how long she had ‘strange’ things happen with her mind~♪☆.

Erhm…?

Wouldn’t it be too broad? Perhaps it is better to start with a particular state, before…” (D)

“A particular wouldn’t solve the situation at hand~♪☆. Yukichi, let’s start from the beginning, shall we~♪☆?

A question after another, the psychiatrist and the Queen were asking me all sorts of things, until I felt like I was being cornered.

I…! I h-have n-no idea…!

“Let’s stop at that. Any further questions would only be counterproductive.” (D)

“Steady wins the race, but I am getting tired of this♪.

The Queen looked in her bag, and started searching for something.

Ping

Then, I felt like my body froze.

My Queen…?

I tried saying, but the mouth wouldn’t open.

“Yukichi, from since were you having abnormal conditions~♪?”

“Ever since you left.” I spoke. I spoke.

But despite those words being said by myself, it was not me. Like a machine, my body responded.

“Next…♪”

No will. No thinking.

A reflex.

Like a hydra.

“What was the first manifestation~♪?”

“A dream. Where I was seeing you, my love.”

I tried to close my mouth with the hands, but they didn’t listen.

This confession was the worst it could be. The Queen’s wry expression only confirmed it.

But instead of saying anything to me, the Queen turned towards the doctor, and they started discussing my answer.

As if I am not here.

“… then could it have something to do with the lack of affection? Maybe she was deprived of it during the childhood?” (D)

“Absolutely not♪. Her parents were quite affectionate during that time♪. What are the chances she is just crazy?

The only moments the Queen was turning to look at me were when she was explaining something to the man. But she was not looking at me. She was looking at a thing.

They continued asking questions that the husk continued to answer. Every answer was resulting in another round of discussions, but I still couldn’t speak.

Please, somebody…!

Like back then…!

Back then…? What was back then…?

The two of them continued on and on for what seemed like hours. Until the Queen and the doctor agreed on something.

“Looks like my little Yukichi would take more than the two of us to unwrap~♪☆. I will send a non-disclosure agreement~♪☆. I bet some of your colleagues would be of help~♪☆.” With this, the Queen put her hand inside the bag again.


I opened my eyes.

Mhm…?

“Ara, ara, ara, Yukichi, have you finally woken up~♪☆? That’s quite silly of you to fall asleep~♪☆.

Ah! My Queen, did I really…?” I looked around, and saw that I was sitting on the sofa. The Queen was sitting by my side, and by the looks of things I even had a chance to rest my head on her shoulder.

Meanwhile, the man was sitting at his desk and writing something.

Am I causing troubles…?

M☆? Not really, he is quite glad to find such a… ‘curious’ case☆.”

“Indeed. Minohara-san, can I ask for your phone number? I think your case may require additional experts. We would meet again at a later date. If you agree, of course.” Even though I wondered why so suddenly, I gave my phone number.

With this, the Queen led me back to the car.

When we stepped out of the hospital, I realized that it was already the nighttime.

Wa-wa-wa!!! The curfew?!

Re-lax♪. The police won’t be stopping a car~♪☆.”

Just like that, I somehow became a potential subject of a scientific symposium, and got another lift from the Queen.

3