Ch 55. When elections are close, and you did nothing
51 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sigh

I stared at Tomo-chan’s face, and wondered if she understands the pain I feel right now. The emotional pain, I mean.

Sigh

Even though the current Student Council is just a formality until the upcoming elections, we are still forced to do all of our job, despite not actually being supposed to work.

The immunities, the right to get late, and the most important – the right to be lazy buns and do nothing unless there is a pile of work. Everything is gone, while the duties remain the same.

Sigh

Stop sighing, will you?” Tomo-chan frowned.

Sigh

“I mean it!” (T)

Sigh

Ok, ok, what happened? What’s up with this desperate expression?” Tomo-chan finally stopped reading a fashion magazine and shifted her attention to me.

“Guess what? I suddenly realized that the election campaign starts the next week.”

Great.” (T)

“And that the elections themselves will happen at the earliest in the second half of September.”

Tell me more.” (T)

Oh, really? I never thought that you’d be so interested. Of course I’ll tell you ab-so-lu-te-ly everything.” Immediately, Tomo-chan threw away the magazine and smiled amiably.

“Oh, you jest Yuki-chan~. Of course I pay attention to your words, so please don’t make me listen to this craptastic tale of yours.” I chuckled wryly.

Yeah… We are in such a great situation… An entire month of unpaid, unmotivated, uncompensated work. All for the greater good of this damned school, and should we fail to be doing it – our campaign will stop before even starting…” I felt tears of pain stream down my cheeks. Though most likely it was my mascara streaming down, all because recently my eyes were not getting any proper rest and now I happen to have them moist up from time to time.

“Enough with the desperation. I wish you'd see yourself right now. If you’re turning into a mess, then I’m curious to find out how our gyaru doll is doing. I remember her using a ton of cosmetics.” Tomo-chan rubbed my cheek with a tissue.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” While Tomo-chan was cleaning my other cheek, I noticed that it was almost the end of the lunch break.

All done. Next time you’re going to ruin some mascara, I beg you to waste it on me instead.” Tomo-chan showed me a greyed tissue.

“Did something happen?”

Yeah… Guess who took away all my makeup?” I could only lean over the table, and pat my friend’s shoulder.

You surely have it hard…

“See? See?! You ain’t the only one who’s got troubles all over her!” Tomo-chan waved her index finger in front of me, and said as if she was a sage.

“No wonder. You better get going, you have a few minutes but being late is no good.” It was my turn to stand like a teacher, and wave her with an index finger.

Tomo-chan could only sigh, and head to out of the classroom.

However, as she was about to exit, she turned around and declared: “Guess who is going to spy on the other candidates?


Her mysterious declaration did have some meaning, but I myself was not completely sure what she was talking about. I hurried to ask her about this through a message, but just when I grabbed the phone, I received a message from an unknown number.

[You received message from ‘Unknown number

“Praise me! ♡ Your super-mega-MVP AC managed to get her hands on Nakabaka’s preliminary campaign promises. Meeting during the work. Add me, Yasu-chan got new phone♡!!!”]

I would’ve spent hours looking at this message and trying to understand what is going on, but I was dragged back into the reality by the sudden ring of the bell.

Of course, after the lessons were over, I hurried to the Council’s room.

Fwoosh

Minami-san, did you message me?!” Unsurprisingly, the first thing that mattered was about something unrelated to the elections.

Minami-san leaned back in the chair, and showed me a ‘V’.

“This toy was worth the humiliation~.” She grinned, making me no less confused.

But before I started asking her about what she meant right now, the other team members arrived and I had to immediately start acquainting myself with the contents of Minami-san’s catch.

3