Ch 56. Preparing to fight the last boss
45 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All of us sat down at our desks, and stared at a leaflet. It clearly looked like a model nearing the final stage of development.

“So, what are your feelings about this? Aside from utter terror that we are yet to even start making our own leaflet?

“I find it surprising how well Nakayama-kun planned this.” Kurosawa-kun put our own list of promises by Nakayama-san’s.

The promises were clearly different, but he completely covered the areas of our concern, making us look bleak in comparison.

“Let’s be honest, guys. Unless we come up with something else, the elections are already lost.” Minami-san urged us.

“First things first, Minami-san, can those be actually fulfilled? The semester budget is going to be finished soon, but you must be having some drafts. Hoshino-san, I want you to poll some trusted people, as well as research other options for our promises. Kurosawa-kun, start working on the materials for our campaign. Meanwhile, I will be writing promise options for brainstorming. Any questions?

Two hands were raised.

Hoshino-san?

“What is the time limit?” (H)

“I suggest we do everything this week, and the next Monday we finalize the results. Next, Minami-san.”

“Yep. I’m already done. In short – he’s close to the limits, but is within them. I fear we need to come up with something way better than what we have now. And guess what? I’m mailing you my suggestions.” (M)

Ding-ding

“No removal of clothing restrictions.” Minami-san grumbled, while I started looking through her suggestions.

There’s quite a lot, ha? As I said, let us deal with this the next week. Now, proceed to do the ungrateful work…

Aside from the routine we were having nothing else to do, so today’s work was over before we had time to start complaining about slavery we got into.


Back home I started working on the options we may use to increase the popularity of our campaign.

To begin with, Nakayama-san’s campaign was expected to be on par with ours at the worst (for us). The disciplinary committee’s actions are infamous among the students, and it would not be weird to expect them to not like the committee’s candidate. But what if the promises they are going to make are to be so alluring…?

Who would refuse installing several more vending machines? The queues there sometimes can be minutes long.

And what about anti-bullying helpline? While there are few cases, but sometimes people require help they can’t get easily.

But the worst thing is, guess whom Nakayama-san promised to make the vice-president? He literally states that even if I lose the elections, I would still be in the office.

While I am not about to brag about my reputation, I am really respected in the school. Whatever some may say, but the fact that I managed to become the Student Council president at my first year at least means I know what to do.

I looked at a short list of ideas that came to my mind, and sighed.

We just had to be against that guy who knows the SC in-and-out. I’m sure he even expected what promises we would come up with.

Knock-knock

Come in.

When the door opened I saw Mother coming in.

“Yuki, why are you so depressed today?” She sat on my bed, and gazed at me.

I am out of ideas how we can even defeat Nakayama-kun and his election campaign.

“Who is the most influential figure in your school?” Mother rested her head on a palm, and continued staring at me.

Aside from Minami-san and the Queen? I thought I was supposed to be one of the most, but…

“Yuki, again, who is THE MOST influential?” I started thinking hard on who among the students is the most popular, when Mother spoke again.

“I am talking not only about the influence among the students. Sometime the rich kids can also influence the school itself.” At Mother’s implying I finally understood what she meant.

Right!” Mother smiled after seeing me get agitated.

When she left, I called my Queen. The person who is bound by no rules.

She refused to back either of the candidates, but I would only be asking her to back me with her wisdom.

Would Himeko help Yuki?
  • She would, no doubt. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For a favor, or a dozen. Votes: 5 83.3%
  • She would refuse. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or she would outright make Yuki enter the school's board of directors. Votes: 1 16.7%
Total voters: 6 · This poll was closed on Apr 28, 2022 12:26 PM.
3