Ch 58. Scouting, interviewing, covering it up
53 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, with the first rays of lights, I started working on the new stage of my plan. Specifically, I asked the SC team to talk to every Clique member about our election campaign promises and what they would like to change.

If the Queen refuses to help, then it doesn’t mean I can’t try asking the fellow club members about their own, personal, opinion. In total we needed to interview almost 20 people from all sorts of clubs. Truly, there are representatives of all major clubs.

After my usual kowtow to the Queen, and after the first lessons, I set out to start interviewing. My share was 4 people, among which was Otsuka-san.

While the first three were quickly caught and asked right in the cafeteria, finding Otsuka-san was quite a hassle.

Just where on Earth can she be?” I drank some tea while pondering.

“Maybe she is in the club room?” Tomo-chan was thinking too, especially because she would be the next victim of our interviewing, unless I find Otsuka-san.

“If she were there, Minami-san would’ve told me.”

The gyaru queen may’ve forgotten, no?” (T)

“That’s completely out of question. We all are set on winning, her especially, due to the amount of nerve cells she lost for being the acting student council accountant.

“Then what about Otsuka-san’s own club? Yeah, it’s not the club activities time yet, but she might be there. Just like manga club hangs out the entire lunch break.” (T)

“I’d think so too, but… Do you think that the kendo club sticks together during the lunch break…?

M-maybe not right in the gym, but... Argh, just let me make a call.” Tomo-chan frowned, and started doing something with her phone.

What’s up?

“There was a blockhead from kendo club hitting on me, maybe he will tell me her location.” (T)

Relax! There’s no rush! If you don’t like it, then don’t do it. I always can find her later, or even tomorrow.”

Mhm… It’s alright… You still have, like, 15 minutes. That’s more than enough for you.” Tomo-chan’s expression softened to the point she could give me a wry smile.

While I was quickly finishing the meal, she was talking to an acquaintance.

“… she’s there too? Thaaanksies~, mwah~. … S*, I’m about to puke… Otsuka-san is hanging out with the kendo club, right outside the gym. DON’T LET MY SANITY GO TO WASTE!” Tomo-chan pushed me towards the cafeteria entrance, and I hurried to find my last interview target.


Just as Tomo-chan told me, the kendo club was sitting outside the gym, and chatting.

First and foremost, I had a legit reason to call Otsuka-san. Being her senior in the Clique was giving me more than enough reason. Especially because I needed ‘to make sure she knew that there will be yet-another wave of candidates’.

I approached in full seriousness mode.

“Otsuka-san, sorry to interrupt your rest, but can you give me a minute of your time?”

What is it?” (O)

“It is about the Clique activities. Can you talk about it here, or should we step away?

The girl stood up and followed me. We were just a few meters away from her fellow club members, so I just handed her an interview form. I made one just in case it would be awkward to outright ask all the questions.

And how is this related to the Clique…?” (O)

“This one is not. I am just asking you to fill it and pass it to any student council member. Back to the main topic. Are you informed that there will be interviewing of the new candidates the next Monday?”

“Yes I am. So?” Otsuka-san frowned and folded her arms.

“Also, do you know that it means all Clique activities are postponed until it is over?”

So what? Did you come to instruct me, or something? The other seniors already messaged everything.” (O)

Everything?” She nodded.

“Well, it saves me the trouble then. But, just in case, remember not to visit the Queen that day, unless called upon.”

Ah? Wait, we are supposed not to come AT ALL?!” Otsuka-san’s eyes widened, and the girl stared at me, completely dumbfounded.

“Yeah. We can just greet her in the morning, and help her when she leaves the school. Don’t worry, she would follow the same schedule. If you have any questions, contact either of senior members. Good luck~!” I left, before Otsuka-san could question me about the interview form.

Announcement
The novel is back. There may be irregularities with the schedule until the next week, so don't be surprised if there will be no releases even when they should be.
2