Ch 59. The election intrigues
39 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The acting Student Council worked hard not only to keep our work going, but also to finish our election campaign preparations.

It was hard, not only physically but also mentally. Some of us have broken, and some of us have not slept yesterday.

“… but here it is.” I put all the posters, leaflets, and documents on the table.

Now we are entering the race?” Hoshino-san started reading a leaflet with our campaign promises.

We were there to begin with. Now we are just waiting for the elections to start.” Kurosawa-kun put away the prepared materials, as well as held over some glue, pins, and duct tape.

“At this wonderful news, let us start our strategy meeting. Being the only boy in here, Kurosawa-kun is appointed as our advertisement poster. Objections? Two versus two, and my voice counts as two. Congratulations, Kurosawa-kun. I love democracy.

Next, our spy is also appointed as our PR. Minami-san, can you handle both?

“Sure thing.” (M)

“And the last is… Honestly, Hoshino-san’s duties would not change at all.”

“As expected. I will be here, whenever you need me.” She sat at her quiet corner, and continued working.

“Kaichou, when you said it all – it looked so easy. Are you sure we didn’t miss anything?” (K)

I thought everything through again, but I couldn’t find issues that needed to be solved.

Most of the election is about placing the advertisement materials, and waiting for the first major event: the debates. However, the public debates would be my problem only, since I will be making, rehearsing, and delivering the speech.

Even when I thought about the disciplinary committee and Nakayama-san, nothing that could be done came to my mind. I already knew it well what kind of a bird he is, and what we can expect.

The only unknown variable here is the home economics club. Everyone loves free food, but can a cook govern would only concern me, and the others would think about it only after it all ends.

“Toshiba-san mentioned something about spying, so maybe Minami-san and her can help us with figuring out the home economics club? I can’t think of anything else that may become a problem.”

“Ding-ding-ding, you know what? The last time I heard of Toshiba-san’s efforts was a week ago. Count her out.” (M)

“What about you, then? Have you found something about the other candidate?” I gazed at Minami-san, but she immediately looked away.

Mi-na-mi-san?

I… I w-was a bit busy, y’know? Like, I’ve got… erhm… w-work to do, and stuff…” While Minami-san was sweating buckets, I started thinking about what can be done about our lack of intel on the home economics club.

The natural course would be to try asking people in my club, but who in their right mind would spill out every trump card they have? I also considered using Tomo-chan to compensate for her unfulfilled promises.


In the end I just decided to barge in, and interrogate.

On my way to the staircase I noticed an unexpected golden-haired goddess, waiting there.

My Queen?

Without saying a word, she beckoned me with a finger.

“What can I do for you?” Once again, I asked and waited for a response.

A part of me wanted to have the Queen change her mind and help us with the elections. After all, her invaluable experience may shed some light on what can be done.

But she tilted the screen of her phone the way that I could see what was there.

[ Bakayaro ]

While I was shocked, I also received a slap on my nape.

At this point I was so dumbfounded, that I couldn’t even start thinking about what was going on.

Tell me, where exactly you were going?” The Queen glared at me, and waited for me to respond.

I w-was going to the ho-ome ecomomics club…

Yukichi, is that club more important than me?” She pushed the phone into my face.

Only then I noticed that there were more than 20 messages for me to come. The first being sent an hour ago…

I only managed to make the most amicable expression, and prepare to follow her.

Though I never expected what would happen in the classroom 3-6…

1