Ch 62. New bestie
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After what happened that day I found it hard to approach the Queen.

Ding-ding

But the moment I saw a message, I knew I have no choice, so it was the time to face the embarrassing image of my Queen, my strange fantasies, and perhaps to see the new and exciting sides of hers.

After all, now that I saw my Queen in her most vulnerable state, we may get even closer, or maybe even become best friends. I wonder if she will be a little tsundere about yesterday.


I approached the door, and breathed to calm myself down.

Knock-knock

“Enter already♪.”

The moment I peeked in, I saw that my Queen was standing by the sofa, and facing me. She beckoned me to enter.

M-my Queen, I… s-surely didn’t see anything…” Even though I said the wrong thing, she didn’t get angry.

She just gave me one of her radiant smiles that make you forget all worries.

“It’s alright, Yukichi~♪☆.”

My Queen…!” I was so happy she accepted us becoming a step closer, that I teared up.

“It’s alright~, it’s not like it would be a problem to us afterwards~♪☆.” With this she put her hand into the bag, and…


Yu-ki-chi~♪, don’t space out on me~♪!

A pretty hand with silky skin was waved in front of my face.

Wa?!

Ara, ara, ara, Yukichi is spacing out like always♪.” The Queen shook her head in disappointment.

“S-sorry, my Queen… I… erhm, what was I doing…?

Yukichi, you are just something…♪! Did you already forget I told you to come and help me sort the papers♪?” The Queen pointed at a huge stack of documents on the table.

It was so huge that I had no idea what it does here to begin with.

“Before you ask, those are for the new wave of applicants~♪☆. Ah, poor me♪, it’s so hard being popular~♪☆…” My Queen put a hand on her cheek, and started sighing. Though it was clear she was just fooling around.

“But my Queen, did you not bring in new members just this week?”

No idea what you’re talking about~♪☆…’ She cutely averted her eyes.

Still, the time I had during the lunch break was still limited, so I proceeded with the Queen’s task.

If the previous waves had less than 10 people, this one reached almost a hundred.

How are we even supposed to decide…?

“It’s simple~♪☆. We use the typical HR method~♪☆.”

“???”

“Divide the stack in two, and throw one half into a shredder~♪☆.”

What?! But what about the other half?!

Should we care about the losers~♪☆?

But my Queen…?

Argh, Yukichi, you’re something♪. You clearly lack any sense of humor♪…” My Queen sat down and we started sorting through the papers.


Somehow I had a clear idea which of the candidates should be rejected on the spot, even before facing the Queen’s trial.

Whenever a person who faced her interview was asked about it, they would respond that the questions are completely nonsensical, and somehow those silly questions became one of the driving forces behind the increasingly large amount of applications.

“Now that I think about it, my Queen, what questions do you even ask for everyone to be so curious as to apply?”

For example♪☆? If you see a brown tuna inside a bottle of milk, would you buy it~♪☆?”

Do those questions have any sort of a meaning behind them…?

“None whatsoever~♪☆☆☆.”

Ok…

By the time we sorted the information on the applicants, it was already the end of the lunch.

“I will be going.” It was the time to go back to the class.

But my Queen grabbed my sleeve.

“What can I do for you?”

“Hold the papers while I am writing down everyone…♪”

Just like she said, I was holding a stack similar in size to the printouts for a mid-term exam, while the Queen was swiftly writing down the names in the notepad.

Before long, I noticed that the amount of curious students being near us was increasing. Mostly because of how dazzling my Queen is, but some of them also were looking at whom she was writing down.

I wished I could fix my glasses, to remind everyone that they are blocking the hallway, and that they should be going back to the classrooms before the next lesson starts, and that it is rude to be gazing at us like we are in a zoo, and that…

Suddenly, a soft hand petted me. Before I could tell whose it was, everyone scattered.

Leaving only me, and the grinning Queen.

1