Ch 63. Trade is only fair when it is beneficial
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hopefully now all the urgent and sudden business will be over, and the releases schedule would not be affected.

After school I once again gathered the acting Council to continue our strategy meetings.

“… and today’s topic is: what are we going to do next? Aside from having the gyarus throw dump at the competitors.”

Even though my pals have the widest gossip network?” (M)

Especially because of that. Also, guys, mobilize your clubs to vote for us. It’s already time to make sure they’d do so.”

Poor you, if you’d just let my besties do whatever they want…” Minami-san giggled. It was the giggle ‘we are such b* when it is required’.

Especially. Because. Of. That. Well, having your friends post some ads on @witter and &nstagram would help us. ADS, MINAMI-SAN.” Even though she quietly mocked my words, I at least knew she is the last person to sabotage our efforts. She suffered enough of the accounting.

“Now Hoshino-san. What were the results of preliminary polls?

Hoshino-san picked up a stack of papers, and began reading. Luckily for us, it was the Student Council’s responsibility to do polls, because it is usually done by the third-year students, who have no interest in re-election because of the amount of exams they have. Unlike us, the second-year students.

Having the right to poll anything, we just used our program to create a ‘current school issues’ poll.

“… the issues with the cafeteria were mostly mentioned by the boys. Almost 70% of the respondents. Also, a lot of attention was paid to the old lockers at the entrance. Now, about how it correlates to our election campaign. I found it that our promises cover 18 out of 20 issues boys have, and only 15 out of 27 issues girls have. However, if we consider the severity of the issues, our campaign covers all but one issue: there is a sudden popular demand to make that Clique an actual part of the student governing.

Minohara-san, here is the remainder of my report.” I gratefully accepted a 20-page thick document.

Hoshino-san’s hands remained near myself, thus I hurried to take out an envelope.

“Thank you.” The girl gratefully accepted a gift card from a popular pastry-shop, the compensation for her hard work.

“Thanks to Hoshino-san’s efforts, we now know what we need to advertise. Brilliant.”

Click

We all turned our heads towards the door, and saw the least expected person to show up.

“Good evening, Minohara-san.” It was Nakayama-san, with a peculiar twin-tails girl.

Toshiba-san.

Yikes, Yuki-chan, don’t murder me right from the doorstep!” Before Tomo-chan could run away, Nakayama-san grabbed her collar and dragged her inside the room.

Erhm… Nakayama-san, what are you doing here…?

“Kaichou, you must be remembering that the disciplinary committee head, namely me, is considered part of the Student Council. And…” He glanced at Hoshino-san and smiled.

"... can participate in any Council work. You get what I mean, Hoshino Ran?” Hoshino-san gulped after being gazed at by Nakayama-san.

“One moment, what does it have to do with Toshiba-san over there?”

Ah, her? Guess who was playing mobile games in the middle of a lesson.” (N)

Tomo-chan shivered when our eyes met, exactly because I was close to murdering her.

“The instrument of the crime was promptly confiscated, and the perpetrator taken into custody. But… I have both the phone, and the person-in-question.” Nakayama-san smiled, and stretched out his hand to me.

“So, my fellow nominee, willing to scold her yourself, in exchange for the results of the recent poll?” I stood up and shook his hand.

Not because he had Tomoko, but because it was clear to both of us that he already gave me a huge compensation, while he could’ve received it for free. It was my pleasure receiving his good will.

While Hoshino-san was printing the first few pages of the report, because the results are there and the rest is her own analytics, I was holding Tomo-chan’s shoulder so she wouldn’t run away the moment after she gets her phone back.

“By the way, Minohara-san, do you happen to remember, that it is the students who decide the outcome of the elections? Please, do not involve the interest groups, like…” Nakayama-san meaningfully omitted the last words, and after he received the poll results, he left.

Click

So, Toshiba Tomoko, how about we talk?

1