Ch 68. Common enemy
23 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recently the Student Council’s work has increased.

It wouldn’t be anything unusual, since there are things to do in the autumn, but this time it was an unplanned work.

“Today’s agenda is the mischief somebody was conducting recently. There is somebody who has spray painted some of the benches in the school yard. We are yet to catch the wrongdoer, and thus we need to come up with countermeasures.”

I eyed the Council, but there were no hands raised.

The current unprecedented situation may be easy to pin on some of the delinquent students, but the Disciplinary committee’s investigation proved them innocent.

Currently we had no suspects, and guarding each and every bench was akin to losing the grasp on the entire school’s discipline.

“It may be possible to deal with this situation, if we have some volunteers patrol the school. However, I find it hard to make the volunteers do proper job.” Nakayama-san sighed. The mischief is his committee’s headache too, but it is just one of them.

What we face is a dreadful lack of hands and eyes. The Council has but 4 members, and the committee has 5. While the school has more than 300 students…

“Even if we focus on searching for the perpetrator, we would still need to keep doing our main tasks… Well, for now let us try making use of our connections. Minami-san, can you ask your lazybones friends keep watch of the yard?

“While I surely can, that would just make the perpetrator paint stuff elsewhere, wouldn’t it?” (M)

Regrettably, we are too shorthanded…

When I returned to thinking, I noticed Kurosawa-kun’s raised hand.

“Kaichou, I reckon there are quite a lot of students in your club too. How about you ask them to help?” (K)

It all would depend on the Queen, would it not? I’ll give it a shot, but we still need to put our efforts into stopping the misconduct.”

Damaging the school property is a huge problem, but I am somewhat reluctant to call for the Queen’s help. Especially because it is about my own responsibilities.


Despite that, I did gather some trusted people during the lunch break.

“Listen, can I ask all of you to keep watch of the school yard? There were cases of painting the benches, and we need all assistance we can get.”

“Sure thing.” The first to respond was a girl with twin tails, who ate her third cinnamon bun bought as a bribe.

“I myself can’t. But I’ll ask my kohai to do it.” I also called for Otsuka-san. Her being in the kendo club meant there were strong people to catch the wrongdoer.

The last person called simply waved a ‘V’ gesture, whole typing something. Minami-san’s buddies are known not only as troublemakers, but also as the best way to put an entire school under observation.

There was just one little con.

“Minami-san, please, don’t have them just stand in one place…”

“No promises, you know? Ah, it’s so hard being a queen [first among equals].” (M)


Unsurprisingly, despite this patchy observation network, by the end of the day we had another bench sprayed with paint.

The next day I came as early as I could, together with the rest of the Council and the Disciplinary committee. I woke up so early, that I even had enough time to go wake up Tomo-chan and drag her to the school with me.

That gave us 10 people in total, and since we all stood at the entrance, it meant one thing…

“Name and class.”

Haaa… Otsuka Kazuye… class 2-4…” Otsuka-san rolled up her eyes, and opened the bag.

I swiftly looked in, and since I found nothing noteworthy, she was let go.

Like this, we created a long queue of angry students. And even though it would hit my ratings, it was measure that was easiest to execute.

There was just one slight issue: we didn’t catch anybody bringing paint in the school, and there were benches painted…

1