Ch 74. Bandwagon
39 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though my head was preoccupied with fantasies about the upcoming date, I had a lot more things to do before the elections. For example, I needed to review my speech for the first day in the office, gather the crew to congratulate them for becoming the part of the Student Council, and I also needed to make sure we will accept the previous council’s work and projects.

All in all, we were totally free, which was reflected in the way I was spending the lunch break.

Are you sure it’s alright…?” Tomo-chan glanced at the text of the speech that was lying on the desk.

“Absolutely. There is no way I will lose.”

Aha? Overconfidence can bring quite a disaster.” (T)

The H-hour was rapidly approaching, but I knew it, deep inside, that we will win. After all, I may be overconfident, but I also know that my chances of losing are low.

This is not just a brag, the advertisement efforts and the program itself were foolproof.

“Again, you are counting chickens before they hatch. At least pretend you didn’t win yet.” Seeing how confident I was, Tomo-chan could only lie down on the desk and glance at my grin.

“I already put all the efforts into the elections. I either have to prepare to hand over the seats, or to make an inauguration speech. I’m just being optimist, and I advise you to do the same.”

Well, we can only hope you win.” (T)

“Thanks for the support~.”

Ha, as if I’m supporting you! I’m only hoping that the next Pres is going to be saving me and my belongings from the tyrant committee.” (T)

Tsuuun~.

“Tsu-tsu-tsun~.” We both giggled.

Sun shone above the city, and warmed us up for the inevitable. I didn’t even bother with thinking ‘can I win?’. I did my best, and thus I must think that I will win. For myself, my efforts, and the efforts of the Council. For my friends, the Sun, and the Queen. It was a difficult and bumpy road, and now that I am at its end, I could only wait and hope that everything will go the way I want it to.

Now that the preparations for the elections were over, I have no influence over the results. The advertisement is not going to affect anything in the last day, neither can I do any changes, leaving me to reap what I sown.

And I sown a lot.

While Tomo-chan was lying with her eyes closed, I decided to lie down on the desk as well, and digest the lunch while resting and thinking about nothing.


Tomoko’s POV

When I opened my eyes, the first thing that greeted me was Yuki-chan’s sleeping face, centimeters away from me.

Gulp

She was way too close. We were lucky there were nobody else in the class, aside from us.

If not for our sleepovers, I wouldn’t’ve realized that it was because of her ‘fabulous’ sleeping posture, when she manages to take over the entire free space of a bed. We did wake up a few times with her head being very short off myself.

I cautiously poked her head with a finger, making her mumble.

I couldn’t help smiling at her, sleeping with glasses on, completely relaxed, as if she wasn’t the one to be on the stage.

I was about to caress her head, when my hand was stopped by something soft pressing on my head, followed by two arms with a neat manicure placed on the desk.

You…?

Me~♪☆.’

F* off…

Anytime♪☆, but are you sure you don’t want to know why I’m here~♪☆?

Not in the slightest.

Poor you, then~♪☆.

However, instead of scramming, that person continued staying in the same pose, then she even lied on me.

You’re so heavy…!

Don’t tell a girl that she’s heavy~♪☆. If you tell something like that to Yukichi, she would…☆

Stop lying on me!

Fine, say what you wanted!

Good girl~☆.’ The pressure decreased, but she left those melons on my head.

I want you to do something...☆ You might even like it~♪☆.’

Go ahead…’ I sighed.

I want you to spread those leaflets☆.

I looked at what she gave me, and almost shrieked.

Y-Y-YYYYY…! Y-ou want ME to advertise some d*head…?! Y…! Damned traitor…! She trusts you so much…!

Never bet on the losers. This is your final chance to put some efforts into making a winner. And yes, I am not asking you, I am ordering you.’ That b* roughly patted my head, and walked away.

1