Ch 76. Looming Yesterday
36 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was Tuesday of the last week of September.

It was the day of the elections.

From the very moment I entered the school, I was caught by the representatives of the elections committee, and dragged into an empty classroom dedicated for the related work.

And of course what followed it was the literal hell.

Yanomiya-san, we received the ballots!

Why only now?!

Were they not supposed to be printed by now?!

Look here if you don’t believe me!

Paper! Bring us more paper!

What is going on with the students list?! How come nobody brought it?!

I couldn’t find it anywhere!

Somehow the entirety of the work was not done. There were some drafts, and partially-finished work, but nothing was done to the end.

There was no time to search the guilty. We only could work as hard as we could.

Click

The door opened and the friend of mine peeked in.

“Yuki-chan, you called?” (T)

Fwo-T

Before she could shut the door, I caught both her and the door.

“Tomo-chan, no time for this. WE NEED EVERY HAND. Yasuda-kun will be giving you work.” I pulled Tomo-chan in, and rushed back to the PC.

While she was processing what was going on in here, she was handed a pile of papers and shoved outside. Our emergency work mode required all forces to be put into completing the unfinished job.

For some reason the entire school failed to do it: until the last moment the director did not sign the order that confirmed the list of the students, the accountant did not send the outlay of the dedicated materials, the head teacher did not confirm the classes that will be used for voting, and the Student Council failed to finish redacting the election committee’s papers.

Never on Earth I could’ve imagined it would turn out like this: the director always did all job beforehand, or warned if he will be late but still gave the green light; the accountant would include the entire sum in the Autumn expenses right off the bat; finding a few classrooms was even easier, and the committee would’ve finished preparations yesterday; and Hoshino-san ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS finishes her work on time.

But thinking about it was no use: our fate was already sealed, and all we could do is to hurry.

Hoshino-san, have you finished?

Almost!” (H)

Minami-san, is the outlay here?

Still waiting! We will be backdating, so go ahead!” (M)

Click

The students list is here!” (K)

Usually it was the Council's work to finish the preparations of the elections day, and the elections committee would be wandering around and overwatching everything.

We were too busy to notice what was going on outside the room…


Tomoko’s POV

After finishing with the sudden errand, I proceeded with Yuki-chan’s request to give out leaflets.

I had a lot of time on hand, due to the elections there were no lessons today. The students were chatting, eating, sitting with their clubs, etc.

Yuki-chan said that it will help her a lot if I distribute the leaflets, and to help my friend I put all my strength into it.

“Take this~!” I gave the ads to some passerby girls.

They glanced at me and at the leaflets, and walked away with confused faces.

Since I had a lot of acquaintances, the process went faster.

The gyarus, the manga club, the guys from baseball and swimming clubs, and even a dude from home economics.

Toshiba-san, why are you giving me this…?

What do you mean why?! Come on, Yuki-chan is…!

“Toshiba-san, look at WHAT you are giving me!” He showed the leaflet, and only then I noticed that I was distributing the wrong stuff…

Only then I remembered, that it was that b* who gave me a stack of leaflets yesterday, but Yuki-chan forgot to hand me over her advertisements…

Oh f*…

“You know, I think it’s for the better that you f* up with those…” He faintly smiled.


During the lunch break the entire school headed to the designated classes to vote.

Only then the elections committee and the Student Council could breathe out and temporarily fall on the seats. It was the time for the disciplinary committee to work, and soon all three bodies will start the least liked job: the voices counting…

1