Ch 81. Change of plans
26 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thursday.

The day I, Kurosawa, Hoshino and Minami were supposed to be left alone, no longer required to do anything.

But, thanks to the sudden mess that happened yesterday, the new Student Council’s work fell on our shoulders…

Minami-san…” I felt my eye twitch when I called her.

Minami-san, have you written to the gyarus to start harassing the home economics club…?

Yes…” Minami-san had an eye twitch too.

Every paper that required SC’s stamp, sign, and correction was here. Every paper that was supposed to be the pain of the new Council, which were supposed to feel this pain and suffering of sorting through the elections’ aftermath.

And what is worse, it is once again our problem, we are once again not being compensated for that in any way, and everything we do will only be to the benefit of the new Council. We can only curse and continue the unpaid work.

“What do you think, are they going to set up new elections?”

No idea.” (K)

“I think it is too bothersome for them.” (H)

Same here.” (M)

The conversation died out. Only the clacking of keyboards and the scratching of pen were filling the Student Council’s room.

“Anybody wants parfeit?”

“It’s ‘parfait’.” Hoshino-san didn’t even look away from the computer.

“No matter how it is called, does anybody want some?”

“A weird question. Of course the answer is yes.” (M)

“…”

“…” (M)

“…” (H)

Argh…! I can’t work like this! Guys, it’s so hopeless in here, that I am suffocating!”

If you feel bad, how about swapping work with me…?” I glanced at Minami-san. The next moment I was shaking my head like crazy to show how fine I am with how things are going right now. If I am required to fill the forms and put stamps, then she has to suffer with filling every single line in @xcel, while making sure she made no mistakes, because if she fails to get the balance, she will spend the entire evening sorting through the finances again and again, until she finds the problem.

No matter how sorry I felt for her, there is one thing I know for sure: she never meant it when she said ‘swapping work’. Sometimes it is much better not to get in the way of a person working, especially because you will mess up everything they are doing, setting back everything done.

“Alright, let’s save Kaichou from the premature death. Any topics we can talk about? Right! What are you going to do after graduation?” Kurosawa-kun stirred the room of despair, while he was bringing me another pile of documents.

“Unless anybody wants to brag, I’m going to start.” For the first time since the lessons ended, Minami-san chirped something happily.

With the silent confirmation from us, she started.

“Guess what? My accounting was noticed by a big boss, and starting from the next week I will be attending courses, and it appears I have huge chances of getting job right off the bat!” For the first time since the lessons ended, the apathetic room livened up, and we all applauded to Minami-san.

“That’s great! Congratulations!” (H)

“I wonder who was this ‘big boss’? Is he someone trustworthy?” Kurosawa-kun was curious.

“It’s a company from Nikkei 225.” The second she announced that, the room filled with jealous glares from all of us, while Minami-san was so puffed up, that I wondered if I was the only one who thought her nose lengthened.

I wish I had such a sugar daddy.”

Hey! I wasn’t selling myself! Yet.” (M)

Yeah. We surely believe you.” The three of us were still in disbelief.

But at least I, secretly, deep in my heart, was happy for her. Her efforts slowly turned into a foundation for her future.

“Right, one last round of applause, and let’s finish with this trash for today!

Clap-clap-clap-clap-clap

Then, the room fell silent again, until it was the time to go home.

1