Ch 82. Call from above
29 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Friday.

I was counting hours until my date with the Queen happens. It was just 23 hours away.

It was a normal lunch break, and everything was going well.

Thump

“And here I am~!” Tomo-chan put down the tray with a cheap udon and few (because no matter how many, it is few) cinnamon buns, and today’s special course: the strawberry milk.

“Thanks~.” I put a bill on her hand, and took my buns.

“Itadakimas!”

“Itadakimas-su!” (T)

As the amount of buns on the table decreased to 0, we relaxed and listened to the music in the cafeteria.

Ah, this wonderful life~!” (T)

“What is it? Did something happen?

“No way~. It’s not like you’d be interested~…” Tomo-chan beguilingly looked away, prompting me to ask.

“Oh, come on, tell me!”

Well, if you sooo insist…” She shrugged.

I… Got an autograph!” In a second, she shoved a CD disk with a sign right into my face.

Wow, wow, wow! Easy there!” I leaned back, and looked at the trophy.

My~… You still like that singer~…?

He-he-he~. No longer to the point of dreaming of marrying him, but still~. I am so lucky I managed to snatch it~.” (T)

“Yesh, yesh. Good girl, good girl.”

He-he-he~.” I petted Tomo-chan with one hand, while I was checking out the disk with the other.

Who could’ve thought that in our day and age such things would still be sold.

Whatever! No matter what one says, this disk has A REAL SIGNATURE, while the fools in the Net will be satisfied with a copied image of it.” She snickered.

Great.”

“So, I’ve got a player, and ear pods… Got me?” Tomo-chan beckoned me to sit by her.

Sigh

Well, it won’t hurt me.” I say by her side.

?” Suddenly, Tomo-chan moved closer, nestling to me.

Before I could tell her anything, I noticed how some girls at another table glanced at us and started giggling.

“Hey, Toshiba-san, if you keep on doing this, we’d soon see a M+T umbrella.”

Really…?’ Hearing this, Tomo-chan slightly increased the distance. Slightly.

One of the girls showed us a ‘heart’ gesture, while snickering.

“Toshiba-san, how about increasing the distance even more?”

Sorry, but no. See the cable? It won’t be enough if I…” (T)

Tomo-chan, how about not putting the ear pod in the closer ear? We’ll have more than enough cable length if you do so.” I glared at her.

Killjoy…’ (T)

Click

The moment she turned on the player, I started hearing a weird noise, also called music by some. I am not a fan of listening to a music for the entire day, and I like it more to study. And all that exchange of ‘my favorite performer’, ‘my favorite genre’, ‘your favorite band is trash’, etc, makes me feel like I am an alien.

Minohara Yuki-san, please come to the director’s office. Minohara Yuki-san, please come to the director’s office.” Our pastime was interrupted by an unexpected announcement. My first thought was: ‘Again?!’.

“Sorry, looks like something happened again.”

I ran away so fast, that I couldn’t hear Tomo-chan grumbling.

Why now…?


I rushed into the office, and declared from the doorstep.

I DID NOTHING!

The startled director shook his hands.

“Calm down, Minohara-kun! You surely did nothing. I called for you, because I needed to discuss the situation with the elections results.” (D)

Erhm…? Sensei, you couldn’t just call me?” The director fixed his tie, and wiped his forehead.

“Sensei, do you know that this way of calling me not only causes myself to be exposed to unfair rumors, but also distracts students?”

Khm-khm! Enough about that. I called you, because… When we recounted voices, I found that… That… If we exclude all votes given to [the home economics club head]-kun, you are the runner up. Congratulations, the seat is yours again…?Minohara-kun…?” (D)

A moment? So, you say that a third of the votes were cancelled? Do you know that this means an unfair…!

That is why~♪☆.” I looked at the door.

My Queen?

“Knowing how much of a hassle it is, I took the liberty to take Yasuko-chan to ask all people who voted for the abdicated president, and they all answered that they give their votes to you~♪☆! Congratulations~♪☆!

Clap-clap-clap

Clap~♪.

“Yes…!” (D)

Clap-clap-clap

Only I was standing there, with my mouth opened, and thinking: ‘what the hell has happened right now?’.

2