Ch 85. Sleepy head
30 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before going to sleep, I rubbed my eyes.

I was not drowsy or anything, I was rubbing them because of the soap…

“I’m sorry.” My imouto was feigning repentance, while lying on the bed.

Yes, yes, Sora-chan… You surely are… ‘sorry’.

I didn’t berate her, neither did I punish her in any way. It was just my imouto’s usual bath time.

Not to mention, how could anybody raise their voice on this shamelessly cute girl, lying there in her teddy bear pajamas.

“Sooorry.” (S)

“Okay, okay, let’s sleep already.” I petted her head and hugged. Hugged my little treasure.


Though, when I woke up there was no Sora in sight…

Well, maybe Mother took her to brush teeth, or there was a good cartoon on TV. It didn’t affect my morning rituals in any way.

The same old stand up, stretch and waddle into the bathroom queue.

After I finished everything and put on the best clothes, I headed downstairs to have a breakfast.

The entire family was already at the table, and the moment I showed up, their gazes fell on me. However, unlike the usual, the atmosphere was a bit tense.

“Good morning? Did something happen…?” I carefully looked at Mother’s expression.

Try guessing?” She crossed her arms.

Erhm…? I didn’t wash plates yesterday…?

“Attempt number two.” Her expression turned darker.

I… woke up later than Sora…?

“And the last attempt?” Mother looked in a window.

I…? Erhm…? Didn’t leave bath water for Father…?

“Nice try. Now, Yuki, look outside. Now.” Mother pointed at the window.

When I looked out, I saw a car parked outside our house, and a man in a suit standing by it.

Ooops…

‘Ooops’? Yuki.” I straightened.

“My silly girl. Do you think it is alright not to tell your parents that you are planning to go somewhere?” It was Father’s turn to speak.

“Dear, let us drop it, as well as drop her making that man wait for an hour. Let us even drop her forgetting everything. Yuki, how about telling us whose car it is?” Mother stopped smiling at all.

T-the Queen’s…

“Yuki, eat. And hurry, please. Since you were so prompt, I already made you a bento. Eat this, and go.” Without leaving me any options, Mother pointed at a plate of rice and sandwiches.


Five minutes later I flew out of the house, vaulted over the gate, and stopped in front of the car.

It was not the one that my Queen used, the driver was an unknown man too.

Minohara-sama?” The driver looked at his phone, and then at me.

Y-yes! Sorry for making you wait!” I bowed.

N-no p… n-no pro-blem.” The man managed to keep a stiff smile, and opened me the rear door.

M-mister, can I… ask the Queen first…?

Of course.” The man held the door, while I searched for the Queen in the messenger app.

A minute later I got her confirmation.

“Sor…”

“A minute, or five, it would not make any difference.” The man said amiably, with a very amiable stiff smile.

Pom

From the first glance I could tell that this car was a few leagues below the Queen’s. There were no classy seats with in-built massaging, neither there were what I called ‘tap-tap’ windows that get darker when you poke them. It was something that was fine for an average CEO.

Yeah, my common sense received too much damage for me to remember that even this much is unobtainable for our household. All thanks to my Queen’s luxurious lifestyle.


When the car stopped at a junction, I tried to strike conversation with the driver.

“Do you know a driver named Hideo?”

Yes.” (D)

“Usually he is driving the Queen’s…”

Yes.” (D)

S-so, w-was there a reason to…

Yes.” (D)

“…”

“…” (D)

A-are we being late…?

“Minohara-sama, I would’ve told you who is khm-khm, but I don’t want to lose my job.” (D)

W-will we make it in time…?

“12:20.” (D)

“I… I see…

“If there is going to be a change of plans, Himeoka-sama would notify you.” (D)

“Thank yo…”

WROOOOM

KYA?!

The driver chuckled, and made a sharp turn, without decreasing speed in any way.

Overall, it was a very peculiar ride.

2