Ch 86. Unspoiled ojou-sama
38 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The car turned into a wealthy neighborhood, where were large and majestic mansions of all styles imaginable. The driver stopped in front of the gates of one of them.

It was a medium-sized (by this place’s standards) two-floor brick mansion. Unlike many surrounding buildings, this one was not looking like an architect’s experiment, while having looks of a very expensive house.

The gates opened, and the car drove to the entrance.

Click

“We have arrived, Minohara-sama.” The driver opened my door, and the moment I stepped away from the car, he closed the door behind me and drove away.

It was my pleasure too’, I thought.

There was no welcoming party like in manga, neither there was a red carpet with maids and butlers lining up all the way to the doorstep, so I had to humble myself and walk towards the entrance alone.


In front of the door I wondered if I should knock or not. I was delivered here, to this fenced plot, and maybe it was fine to just enter. But what if I make a fool of myself?

Knock-knock

The next second after I knocked, the door was opened.

Mm?” A girl in maid uniform gazed at me. It took her a few moments to stop staring and start moving.

“Please, enter.” The maid stepped aside, allowing me to get in.

I found myself in a room as large as our kitchen, and in this room there were only outerwear and shoes.

Minohara-sama, I assume?” The maid timidly asked me.

Yes, I am. Nice to meet you.” I politely bowed.

“Nice to meet you, Minohara-sama.” The maid bowed back.

I headed towards a shoe rack, and was about to squat to take my shoes off, but the maid was already there, untying the shoelaces.

W-wo-wow?!” Despite my surprise, the maid didn’t even flinch, quickly taking off my shoes. And as if she was in the middle of a tea ceremony, from the same spot she put away my shoes and reached for a pair of slippers.

W-wai…!” As swiftly as she took off my shoes, she put the sleepers on.

T-thank you…” It was the first time I was so embarrassed in my entire life.

Seeing my crimson face, the maid politely explained.

“Minohara-sama does not need to worry, it is a part of my professional responsibilities when assigned to the entrance.” She shown me a professional smile.

I wonder what your other responsibilities are?

Mm? Aside from greeting guests, selecting items for Himeoka-sama’s outings, and maintaining cleanness?” The maid smiled, and picked a can and a brush.

“Do not worry, Minohara-sama, your shoes will be shining better than when they were just bought~.” For a moment she put down the cleaning utensils, and escorted me to the door.

Erhm…?” With but a smile, the maid closed the door behind me, leaving me all alone.


I looked around.

Now I was in a spacy hall. The size? Around the size of our entire second floor…

I immediately noticed several more maids, and I felt like they noticed me too, but neither of them reacted. They all were busy doing something: cleaning dust, floors, and furniture. Some maids were hauling boxes and items.

I did not dare interrupting their work and headed to an area that looked like dining room.

The moment I stepped there, I noticed the maids glancing at me, and continuing with their duties. But this time, one of the maids stopped working and approached me.

“What can I do for you?” The maid bowed.

I… I was invited by the Queen, but…”

“Do not fret, Himeoka-sama is currently busy but will send somebody to take care of you.” The maid bowed again, and returned to her post.

I could only look around at the maids going back and forth.

Maybe a drink…?’ I murmured while wondering if I should ask for a glass of water.

“Please.” I almost shrieked when a maid appeared out of nowhere. She was holding a glass of water and a cookie.

T-thank you.” Bewildered, I cautiously took everything, and like she was not here at all, the maid was already back to work.

I took a spot somewhere in a corner to avoid interfering with the maids’ work.

When I finished drinking, another maid approached me. This one was wearing a different uniform.

“Good day to you.” She greeted me, and without breaking the eye contact she took the glass. She shoved it to a passing maid, and gestured me to follow her.

2