Ch 88. A lady’s greatest weapon
26 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Until this day I was thinking that shopping, choosing clothes, and trying them on was fun.

The Queen’s maids proved me wrong.

The time was already past 6 PM, and they just finished trying the clothes.

Dresses, skirts, and even socks and purses…

Can I… go… now…?

“Are you tired, Minohara-sama?” A maid named Hana started rubbing my shoulders.

Yes…!” At first I was hesitating to say that I am getting tired of anything, but as time went on, I understood that unless I spoke up, those maids would not even bother with giving me a moment to breathe.

“We are almost done. Minohara-sama, we only need to style your hair, and put on the makeup. It will take just…”

…a moment…?” I grumbled.

The maid showed me a wry smile.

Just how does my Queen stand this…?” I blurted.

“I worked here for 3 months, and at most seen Himeoka-sama allowing for a light makeup.” When I heard this, I thought that I misheard her.

You work here for just 3 months?

Few maids make it this far.” She shrugged.

No matter how hard I tried to understand this, but the Queen was so generous to everyone in the school.

But before I could think that there is something wrong with the maids, she continued.

“You didn’t see the Ojou-sama in her natural habitat. You either have to work non-stop, or get fired.” The maid started complaining.

But she didn’t notice another maid coming in and covering mouth with a finger.

No matter how much we are being paid for, this just isn’t fair! And guess what? Himeoka-sama would then check every nook and cranny for dust, and should she find a speck – there goes your bonus!” The maid made a very disappointed expression.

Then, the other maid’s hand fell on her shoulder.

You have any more complaints~?” The other maid grinned, making the complainer turn white as a sheet.

N-no, no c-complaints, senior…” She sheepishly stepped aside.

“I just happen to have a free spot downstairs, in the cleaning shift~.” The senior grinned, making the maid fervently shake her head.

“Then, I hope you will not be disappointed with your salary, not after badmouthing our employer.” The maid bowed, and flew out of the room.

“As for Minohara-sama, this is Himeoka-sama’s orders, so I hope you understand that we are doing our best to comply. And since we are almost done, there is no use in trying to change the plans. Sit back, relax, and enjoy it~.” The maid bent closer to me, and kissed my forehead. She flew out of the room, giggling on her way.

At this moment I understand how I sometimes look to the others: I start giggling all of a sudden, while doing something outrageous.


To my delight, the remaining procedures were over way quicker, and with way less tortures.

As the result, I stood in front of a mirror, looking how I was turned into something resembling a rich ojou-sama.

Creak

I looked at the opened door, and saw the Queen.

“My Queen.” I bowed, trying to perform a curtsy.

I have no idea what you are doing, but as long as you have fun~♪☆.”

She approached the dresses, and with a swift move, she pointed at one of them. A maid behind her bowed, and pulled out a completely different dress.

T-this dress is not the one she picked…!” I cautiously voiced my concern.

But the maid glanced at me, and with a sigh she just shook her head, as if saying that the Queen doesn’t care at all.

Before my eyes, the Queen was fully prepared. It took her just 10 minutes…

I have only one question… Why…? Just why…?

“Why I was dressed quickly, or why you were not~♪☆?”

Both…

“I only needed to change clothes~♪☆☆☆.”

I decided not to ask her ‘why you weren’t undressed completely?’.

“Ara, ara, ara, Yukichi, why are you looking at me with such a hungry gaze~♪☆? Do you want to eat me~♪☆?

YNo.

“Whatever you say~♪☆. Let’s go, Wolfkichi~♪☆.”


We headed to the entrance, on our way passing by the perfectly-clean-shoes heaven to wear superb high-heels.

Just like two noble ojou-samas, we sat in the luxurious car with the personal driver, heading towards unknown.

“My Queen, what should I be doing there?”

Seriously…?’ “Yukichi, do you know what good nouveau riche ladies do at such gatherings♪?Nu-vo ri-k-che…?

“No.”

“They stand by the walls, or nod along others’ conversations♪. Please be a good nouveau riche lady♪.

I immediately followed this lesson, by nodding along her words.

1