Ch 89. A black sheep
30 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We arrived to a five-star hotel in the center.

It was one of the places I would at the best visit as a servant. In this case it was not completely wrong either, since as the Queen’s attendant I am also her servant.

When we entered through the main entrance, it didn’t look like anybody pays me extra care.

On the contrary, all eyes were on my Queen. Most of the rich-looking people in the hall immediately turned their heads at her, and some even prepared to go and greet her. But the Queen only smiled and waved to everyone, grabbing my hand afterwards, and dragging me to the elevators.

Nobody dared entering after her.

When the doors closed, the Queen leaned closer to my ear.

“Just stay somewhere close to the outskirts. After the mundane part is over, I will talk to a few wise people. You, do not get into trouble, and in all cases respond that you are here to meet me. All clear?” She pulled my earlobe.

“Yes, my Queen.”

“And do not eat more than a plate of snacks. That would start to look weird.” She continued pulling my earlobe until I nodded.

We arrived to a grand banquet, with lots of rich people hanging out: CEOs, actors, politicians, and a lot more people I couldn’t recognize in any way.

While I quietly stood in an inconspicuous place, the Queen headed straight to one of the talking groups, then to the next, and so on.

Unlike her lazy attitude in the school, here, at the gathering, she was a total socialite. And, unlike her somewhat reserved attitude around the fellow students, here she was hugging, kissing people on cheeks, and flirting left and right.

Truly, I was so grateful that my Queen just wanted me to be far away from those people. I’d die of shame if they tried to be so open around me, or with me.

Some time later, the Queen headed my way, with a few people in tow.

She passed by, heading towards the suits, and on her way she beckoned me to follow.


We entered a room, and she locked the door behind. Aside from me and the Queen, there were four unknown people.

“This is our nutcase~♪☆.” The Queen started speaking with the people in English, making it hard to understand anything. It appeared that she was explaining something to them.

“Yukichi, say hello to doctor Friedberg~♪☆. He is leading specialist of Norwegian Institute of Psychology~♪☆. Due to the language barrier I would be helping you two talk~♪☆.”

“Konbanwa, Friyedbergu-san.”

God kveld, ung dame.” The old grandfather shook my hand, and curiously stared at my face.

“Now, Yukichi, sit on the couch, and let’s get started~♪☆.” I sat on one of the couches, the others sat opposite of me. But, a young man took a chair and sat in between us.

Snap-snap

“Yuki-chan, do you hear me?” I started up and looked around.

I was in the classroom, sitting with Tomo-chan.

Erhm…?

Seriously…? You are spacing out again? What, you’re going to tell me to repeat, again?” Tomo-chan started grumbling.

S-so… Wait, why are we still in the school?”

“Wait a moment, you’re not going to rush to the Council again, right? It’s so hard finding some time for us to chat, and here you are, rushing away!” She glared at me.

Fine, fine…

“So, I was saying, that it’s a good time for you to start thinking of my future.” I choked.

W-what?!

“Hey, with that Queen of yours you are no longer even bothering with looking after me, you know? I’m going to have to attend a cram school if you won’t be helping me.” Tomo-chan gazed at me, waiting for an answer.

Wouldn’t it be for the better?

No! No it won’t! Look, ever since that person showed up, you don’t even pay attention to me! Just like a few moments ago!” Tomo-chan leaned over the desk, and stared into my eyes.

“Not only is that person wipes her feet on you, she also tried to set me up a few times! How about you stop acting like a damned slave around her?!” With every word, Tomo-chan raised her voice, until she started shrieking.

I fixed my glasses.

Toshiba-san, how I am acting is none of your concern!” I glared back.

“Enough. This leads us to nowhere.

Repeat, but this time try to trigger her less.”

1