Ch.15 – An Explosive Night
528 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“...”

Today is the test…

Today is the surprise…

Today is…

“...A school day.”

***

“...I see your maid is still… resting,” Quem observantly notices.

“...yeah.”

“I would be too, taking care of someone as troublesome as you.”

“...”

“...”

Though it wasn’t silence, the air around us was still awkward.

*Slam!*

!?!

Looking upwards, I see Quem standing up with her hands down on the table. Her eyes were filled with drive.

“Come to my room after school. We are going to talk,” ordered Quem, leaving the dinner table.

I must’ve made her angry.

What should I use as a gift…?

“Miss Azalia, shouldn’t you start to leave as well?” Asked the dorm caretaker.

“Ah! Y-yes, I should be going!” I realize, jumping from my seat.

As I leave out the door, the dorm caretaker gives me a farewell with a smile.

“Good luck on that test of yours!”

***

"…G–Good morning, Miss Azalia," Mr. Sage mumbles as he takes a step back.

"…To you as well."

Walking past Mr. Sage I quickly take an empty seat in the back.

I’m not sure if it’s all the stress or something else, but I seem to have a headache.

 Seems like I’m early today, there’s barely anyone here.

Thinking about it, I haven't really spoken to any of my classmates save for those four, which is quite rude on my part.

And from what I can tell, I was missing out on quite a lot.

All my classmates, or maybe rather the reincarnators in general, were eccentric. Perhaps it's some kind of coping method, to deal with all the strange and scary experiences.

There was a girl in a complete cowboy getup, a heterochromic eyed guy wearing all grey, and a pair of twins wearing contrasting black and white gowns.

Wait…

Do I not need to wear the uniform…?

“Guess who~!”

Suddenly, a pair of hands begin to cover my vision, only for them to disappear shortly after with a loud thud on the floor.

It was Narin and Alum, who were wearing the uniform.

“Hm…? W–Wait! P–Please put that d—!"

*Crack*

"Good morning!" Greeted Narin with a warm smile.

"Good morning. Where are the uh… other two?" I ask, curious of what Herem was plotting.

"Oh, those two? I'm not really sure. Those two have been really busy lately. We haven't had a chance to talk to them at all. But they should be coming, I suppose. They aren't the type to…" Narin began without stopping.

"They might not come," piped Alum, who was wiping blood from her head.

"…Why wouldn't they?" Stopped Narin, looking down at the trash.

"Haven't you noticed…? They've been eyeing each other lately. They probably are heading to a secluded area right now to create some hot steamy—gah! Damage! I meant they are gonna fight!" Whimpered Alum.

"…I see."

*Slam!*

Speak of the devil.

The two walked in and sat in their usual spot just like before. They didn't look like they had, or were planning to, brawl it out anywhere.

They did seem to be on bad terms at the moment though.

"Aaaaannnd that's everyone! Sit in your desks so I can explain the test! To begin…!" 

***

"...est! That's all you have to do! Once you finish it put it on my desk and leave! I'm not answering any questions! Goodbye!" Yelled Mr. Sage as he quickly retreated under his desk.

"..."

He could’ve condensed that thirty explanation into five minutes, but didn’t while eyeing me the entire time. Did he notice my headache and decided to spite me?

It certainly worked if that was what he wanted.

Looking down at the paper, I quickly skim the questions. They were all generally simple and straightforward. And save for a few, I knew the answers of all of them off the top of my head.

Let's quickly finish and get to Salia.

Then let's hope Herem keeps his surprise away from her.

***

*Booo—ooom!!!*

It was sudden and unexpected.

It was just like before.

Is it an earthquake? Is that the surprise?

As the students begin to stir, the door opens and people storm in.

Armed people.

The leader, a woman wearing a full set of metal armour, walks up to Mr. Sage's desk, slaps it, and quickly speaks of their purpose.

"We won't kill you, as long as you follow our orders."

"Firstly, forgo all the weapons you possess. Then, al—!"

The lady and the desk flew into the air, eventually crashing into one of her followers.

"I will not allow criminals to walk into my classroom…" began Mr. Sage as he crawled out of his hiding spot, a hidden trapdoor in the ground.

"And let them touch my desk!"

That must be the real reason.

"Dieeee!" He screamed as he lunged towards the closest criminal.

Then, the wall explodes.

*Booo—ooom!!!!!*

The remains of the wall are launched towards us, crushing a few of our desks. Luckily nobody seemed injured.

From the smoke of the newly demolished wall, were even more criminals.

The leader of the new group, another woman in metal armour, muttered a single word.

"Surprise."

***

Everything became chaos. Some classmates began to attack the criminals, and others tried to hide under their desks. A portion was running, of course.

As for me…

I'm almost done with the test.

It was the last problem, so I need to finish and quickly leave.

I would have been done by now, if my ears weren’t ringing and my eyes weren’t fuzzy.

"…Done."

Rising from my seat, I walk up to Mr. Sage's trapdoor and slide my test down, then take a step towards the criminals.

They're all the same, so I should make it quick.

"H–hey! What are you doing! Get off me!"

Turning around I see a female student attempting to choke out another student.

One thing led to another, and now the entire class was fighting each other along with the bandits.

Not that I care.

…I should help those three. It would be unfair to leave them in a situation like thi—

"Rrraaaghh!" Screamed a criminal as he swung at me.

Annoying.

Flicking off the blood, I look around for Narin, Alum, Saehl, or Herem.

Though I would attack Herem, seeing as he’s the ringmaster.

"…"

Where did they all go…?

*Clang!*

Are they hiding?

"Arrgh!"

I need to get rid of these guys. The guards are taking too long to come over.

Now then, who will be my next vi—

Is that...

"S… Salia…?"

In a moment of clarity I see her standing amongst the chaos. My maid and favorite person, Salia.

***

Quemilia POV,  Before the Explosions.

“Haaah…”

I need to apologize to Azalia.

Even I’m not dumb enough to know that I went too far back then.

I probably should’ve just been clear.

That’s how friends should be, right?

After school today, I’ll

*Boom–!*

Suddenly, during class, a bomb goes off.

So it's finally happening. But why? Why today?

Is there a reason, or is it at random? No, there must be a reason. They wouldn't attack the capital without reason.

First of all, let's get to somewhere safe.

The guards can easily protect us when we're grouped up, so it's best we head over to there.

"W–wait! Miss put that down! That's danger—

*Schtak!*

Eh…?

*Thud.*

Out of nowhere, my classmate, someone I knew, jumped the teacher with a dagger.

Then, turning around, she tries to attack the surrounding students standing still in shock.

*Thk*

But before she's able to do so she falls to the floor dead, a knife engrained in her face.

…Nobody noticed, right?

I should take the lead. It will make things easier.

"Everyone calm down! We need to get to safety before the attackers reach here!"

"""…"""

Good, everyone's listening.

"Follow me and everything will be fine!"

***

25