Ch.4 – A Very Frightful Day
1.6k 6 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, Salia, I can kill them. Just stay in here."

"Huh? Please don't joke like that, Aza. This is a very serious situation, where we can die! So get ready to run on my signal!"

*Cre~ak*

Opening the door, I step onto the ground, closing it behind me.

"Eh? Aza get back here!  It's dange-" Cries Salia, cut off by the door.

After it finished closing, I look around, checking the situation.

To my left were two men holding large sacks, filled with my pilfered belongings.

And on my right were four men, one of which was the dead driver.

Adding it up, there were five assailants, all of which were armed with swords.

All around us was forest, meaning we're quite the distance from any cities.

"Well wha'd'ya know? The girl came out herself! That means less work fo' us!"

"What do you mean? I came out to kill you," I say, trying to appear unafraid.

"Ahahaha! Are ya hearing this girl! She says she's gon' kill us all!"

"I knew she was sheltered, but I didn't know she was an idiot as well!"

"How sad. The small fries don't even know how weak they are."

"Haha… She's starting to annoy me. Bob! You take care of her!"

"Hehehe… Sorry girlie, but your time is up. Boss's orders." Says a fat man, with a face a mother couldn't love.

"Ew. You stink," I murmur, closing my nose with my fingers.

He stinks really bad. I already feel like barfing, and he hasn't even gotten that close.

**Salia POV**

My name is Salia, and I am the personal maid of Azalia Zygarna, a noble's child. When I first heard I would be the personal maid of a child, I became nervous, thinking of the rumors I had heard.

Many friends who had worked in that area told me that although cute as babies, they would soon become arrogant, and would begin acting rudely. Or even worse, they would harass us until we quit.

But, since serving her ever since she was an infant, I found that she was different from what my friends said.

She was a sweet child, although a tad strange. While most ladies liked reading and tea parties, she instead preferred playing out in the snow and grass. 

But, she was always kind to me, even allowing me to give her a nickname. Now, I see her as a little sister, rather than a master.

Although, I felt as though she didn't act her age sometimes. For instance she sometimes blankly stares into nothing, like she didn't care about anything. Or, she would seem a bit too deeply in thought.

It was kinda creepy.

The current situation is absolutely terrifying. My lady was outside the carridge, currently confronting bandits.

I want to help her, but I doubt I could kill anyone with just a dagger.

Though her father had taught her how to use an axe, not only was she empty-handed, she was still just a young girl.

There should be no way for her to fight against them.

But…

*Dwonn!*

What is this situation?

Is this reality? Or maybe a dream?

No. If anything, this is a nightmare.

**Azalia POV**

What is this situation? It's almost laughable.

Let's rewind to when the first attacker, Bob, came over to me.

"Girlie, I'm gonna give you a world of pain for being so mean!" He yells, furious from my thoughts.

Charging at me with his greatsword, he swings it down at me.

Putting hope in my ability, I thought 'I want super tough skin right now.'

Hoping I wouldn't instantly die, I put my hand our to stop it.

*Dwonn!*

It worked. Even though I thought it would, seeing it in reality is different.

Against my hand, the greatsword comes to a complete stop.

"Huh?" He murmurs.

"That's all you amount to?" I ask, feigning confidence.

But that was super scary, y'know. If I was a second late, I probably would've died.

But now what? I don't have anything to fight them with…

Ah!

Can't I just make my body a weapon?

That's a great idea, I think.

I could probably think of something cooler, but for now let's just make my hands axes, since that's what father taught me.

*Crearrk!*

*Shringk!*

And so, my hands become metal axes, stopping at around my elbows.

This is amazing. Anyways, shall the slaughter begin?

"Ahahaha!" I laugh, adrenaline starting to pump through me.

**Salia POV**

"W-what in the world…"

As I watched the scene unfolding through the door window, I stood there in shock.

I thought my lady's bisected corpse would soon fill my sight, of which I would probably become like too, but my expectations were completely overturned.

The giant sword, which was almost as tall as her, is stopped by a single of her hands.

It made no sense.

I mean, who would think that a young girl like her would be able to stop that!

It was impossible. 

It was inhuman.

Is that really Aza? Could she really do something like this?

No.

She couldn't do that, she was just a child. It was impossible for people to stop blades with their hands.

But what happened next was horrifying.

The thing, who looked like Aza, changed its arms into axes.

That confirmed that it couldn't be Aza. She was a human. She wasn't some kind of monster.

What will happen once it kills the bandits? Will it act like Aza again, and force me to stay quiet? Or will it just kill me on the spot?

I need to run.

If I don't tell someone, then this thing will infiltrate the capital.

Opening the door opposite on the opposite side, I get out and start running.

As I ran through the forest, I heard it laugh, as if mocking me.

54