Ch.5 – A Day of Searching
1.5k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Azalia POV**

Now, what should I do with this Bob guy? Should I try to get information from him?

Nah.

I know all I need to! 

They want me dead!

Swinging my arm, I cut through his neck easily.

"Wha-" Goes the one who ordered Bob.

"U-uwah!" Goes the rest.

Their reactions are quite funny. Did they think that I wouldn't fight back?

"If you won't come to me, I'll come to you!" I yell as they stand in shock, copying a line from some movie.

But, since I can't run all that fast, I make my legs stronger.

I run first to the ones holding the bags. I don't feel any resistance while I slice through their necks.

"Wha– what is this! He said it would be easy! That there was no way she could even hurt us! What is that thing!"

"No amount of cash will persuade me to fight that monster! I'm outta here!" Cries one, turning to run away.

"Oh no you don't! You stay here and be bait! I'm the one to survive!" Yells the other, pushing the deserter to the ground before running himself.

"Actually, I'm to be the only surviver of the confrontation," I say, bisecting the runner's head.

"Now, what to do with the deserter?" 

Should I question for information? I guess I should?

Turning my attention to the one on the floor, I 'question' him so hard he dies.

"Now then…"

I just finished loading my things back in the carridge, but I finally realized I don't have any horses to move it.

Eh? Then wasn't it useless to do all that?

Anyways, let's just think about it with Salia!

But, when I open the door, instead of Salia, I see another open door.

Did she run away? Why? Did she not believe me, and ran away by herself?

Putting aside why she ran, let's go look for her. What if she gets hurt!?

B-but, my things! I can't leave them!

". . . ."

Ah! 

I just had the most brilliant idea! Why don't I just make one of those space magic pouches! 

Don't you see those in these kind of worlds?

Wait. But what if there aren't and mine gets stolen?

Wouldn't it be better to just make myself a magic bag?

I think I can do that?

*Thinking*

*Schloump*

Along with the strange sound, a dark hole appears in my hand.

Then, like a whirlpool, it sucks up everything in the carridge.

Now, let's go look for Sa–

Wait wait wait! 

I can't go to her looking like this! I'm super bloody! Though I don't mind it, I don't know what she'll say if she sees me so dirty!

Taking off my clothes, I make my own.

Starting at my neck, underwear, a shirt, and pants form around my body.

I've just realized this, but isn't this an incredible ability?

Now, time for adventure!

Walking through the forest, I try looking for signs of Salia's escape.

I found a few footprints in mud here and there, so I had a general direction. I also made some guesses on what she would do, running through a large forest.

Inevitably, I came to the conclusion that she would run towards the closest city, as that would be the safest and closest place to go.

Probably. 

The problem is, I don't know how far said city is, or even which direction it's in. Before the attack, I was just sleeping in the carridge for who know how long. 

Nor do I know where our final destination is, since my parents had never explicitly said it's name. Only that it's 'the best'.

Anyways, the point is I don't know where she could've gone. For all I know she's hiding in some nearby cave. 

If only I had a way to— Ah.

I can shapeshift, right? That means I can fulfill the dream of almost anybody ever.

*Crraack* 

*Schlurch* 

*Poomf*

The goal of almost every child has become my reality.

I have wings.

Not any wings, mind you. I got myself the classic white angel's wings.

Now I can more easily while looking for Salia! 

Aren't I a genius?

Opening my wings, I take a few experimental flaps, before finally lifting myself into the sky.

*Vwoooh…!*

"Woah…"

Woah indeed. This was woah worthy. 

Flying high above the trees, I could see extremely far! To the right was a humongous mountain range, and to the left a large lake. 

Finally, to the front and back of me were two cities, around the same distance away.

Eh?

Doesn't that make searching for her harder? I mean, if I'm flying I won't be able to find clues as easily,  or even see her!

In the end does this really help…?

Maybe she'll head back to the main road, since that'd be safer than running through the forest blind.

For now, let's just look for her!

**Salia POV**

*Hah…*

 *Hah…*

*Haaaahhh…*

"This should be far enough away, right?" 

It'll probably get bored, or assume I'm dead.

Right?

But rather than worry about the inescapable dread I feel, I should worry about my survival at the moment.

Because of my fear, I didn't grab anything on my way out, so I had nothing on me but my clothes and my knife.

Though it might be difficult, I should be able to get to a city with just it.

Currently I'm in between Sauwl City and Weick City. I'm not sure which is closer, but I'll head forward to Weick since I feel it's closer.

So, shall I begin my trek once I catch my breath?

**Azalia POV**

Where did she go?

I've checked both the main road, and around it, and still haven't seen her.

The sun is beginning to set, and I might not find her at this rate…

*Sigh*

Hm?

Is that smoke? 

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

And where there's fire, there's usually people!

Let's go check it out!

Getting closer, I see a small fire in a small clearing.

And lying against a nearby tree was a sleeping girl, her clothes full of tears and bloodstains.

It was Salia!

Landing on the ground, I fold my wings and run over to her.

Looking over her, I find that she had amassed a large amount of wounds.

Just how did she get so many? 

Did she run through bushes? Did she fight some animals?

Let's forget about how she got them, and worry on how to treat them.

I don't know anything about first aid or if healing magic exists, so I should look for a doctor.

But to find a doctor, I need to go to the city. I don't want to show anyone these wings, so I can't just fly over. 

Then, how will I get her there…? It isn't extremely far, but it still is quite the distance.

". . . ."

Let's worry about that tommorow.

Snuggling against her, I dream of giant fluffy clouds, and soundlessly fall asleep.

50