Ch.6 – A Truthful Day
1.4k 9 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**Salia. POV**

". . . ."

Where am I…?

Wait, I remember.

After finding a clearing, I started a fire to scare away animals.

Then I passed out onto the cold floor, I believe.

But currently, I'm lying on a blanket. And, I smell something sweet?

*Sniff*

It's certainly sweet smelling. It's soothing to my mind.

I want to sniff it more.

*Snniiiifff*

"Hyahaha! That tickles! Does my hair smell that good?"

Eh?

Looking down, I find that I'm holding Azalia to my chest, and I seemed to have woken her up by smelling her so hard.

"I-I'm sorry! I'll let go of you now, so let me— ugh!"

"Ah! Don't move, okay! You've got a bunch of scratches, so for now you should stay still!

"But…!"

"No buts! I don't want you hurting yourself!"

"Fine…"

How embarrassing. Being taken care of by my master.

Hm…? 

I feel like I'm forgetting something important…?

Ah.

Grabbing my knife, I put it over the thing's throat, before I ask it a question.

"You, what are you? What did you do with the real Azalia?"

"Hwah! Why are you putting a knife to my neck?! What do you mean real Azalia? Aren't I Azalia?!?"

"Don't play games, beast. I know what I saw. Azalia is a regular girl, she can't fight against bandits. Now tell me what you are!"

"Ah! Don't tell me you saw that! Is that what this is about? I'll explain it all to you later! For now, can you let me go?"

"Not until I get answers."

"Uuuu… I will in a bit! But right now I need to pick some flowers!"

"Pick flowers…? Stop speaking nonsense to confuse me!"

"Uuugh…! You know what I mean! I need to go use the restroom!" Cries the beast, her face looking like it's going to cry any second.

"Ah. Sorry, Azalia."

Coming back from the woods, the beast sits back down on the blanket, opposite from me.

"That was my bad, sorry. Next time just say it and don't use such vauge phrases."

"I…"

"?"

"You're the worst! I hate you!" She yells before bursting into tears.

"Ah! Don't cry! I'm not good at this kind of thing!"

While I was calming her down, I couldn't help but think that I was getting off track.

"Are you okay now? If so, there are some things I want answers."

*Sniff*

"N-now?"

"Now."

**Azalia POV**

After an hour of talking, she finally is satisfied.

Though, how unbecoming of me. Crying like that. 

Even though I felt better afterwards.

"But really… Who would think of such a scary scene to have been because of a god… Anyhow, I believe you now, and will accept that you are Azalia."

"Good. Now we gotta get you to a city do you can get healed."

"Let's head to the church, they'll probably heal me the quickest. But how are we getting there when it's do far away?"

So healing magic does exist. And it even is done by the church!

"Ah. I can just fly us really close, so distance isn't a problem."

"Oh, that's good then."

". . . ."

". . . ."

"What?"

"Yes, I know I what I said. But seeing is believing, y'know. If anyone else told me they could sprout wings and fly, I'd call them crazy."

"Ready?"

"Sure. Let's see those wings of yours."

"Ok, here I go!"

*Crraack* 

*Schlurch* 

"Urchk!"

*Poomf*

"Ta~da! Aren't they pretty?"

"If you saw what I just saw, you wouldn't ask that. Anyways, now what? Have you carry me?"

"Yep, basically!"

*Sigh…*

"Why did I agree to this?"

As I tightly held onto her, I carefully flap my wings, until I am hovering. Then, I slowly ascend, stopping only when were high above the trees.

"So, which way?"

"Th–that way, I think," she replies, mouth gaping at the picturesque scene surrounding us.

"Ah! I see it!"

"Wait! Let us down here! We can't have you flying into town!"

"Oh. That makes sense."

*Flap… flap… flap flap flap!*

Perfect landing!

"P–putting aside the landing, that was amazing! What else can you do!"

So, while telling Salia of my findings, we walk the final stretch to the city, holding hands.

"Halt! Please show identification!"

"Shoot. I left it at the carridge! And I don't have money!"

"What's identification?"

"You don't know? It's something that tells people who you are. In our case, it was a patchment with the Count's seal on it."

"Y'mean this?" I ask, taking the thing she described from myself pocket hole.

"Yes, exactly. But, I do— …where did you get this?"

"I grabbed it at the carridge."

"Good job!" She says, rubbing my head.

"Miss? Your identification?"

"Sorry! Here it is," she replies, handing the guard the paper.

"Let's see… OH! I'm sorry, please hurry along!"

*Yaw~n!*

"What. A. Day!" Cries Salia, falling onto the bed, "First bandits, then your secret, and flying. Now, I need to tell the Count about it!"

"Hm? W–wait! Don't tell Papa!"

"You haven't… you know what, don't worry, Aza. Your secret is safe with me! For now, let's go bathe."

The next day, after Salia sends her letter, we leave town, and restart our journey to school.

"Y'know, I don't think flying will ever get boring!"

"Where is the school, anyways?"

"Oh? I never did tell you, did I? The school is based in the Magecraft Country, Arikids. It's located in it's capital city, Arikodia. It's the school of promising prospects, Promquien."

"Oh, cool."

I'm sorry this took so long. Between finding motivation and finding time, it can get hard. I also didn't have internet this week, making it even later.

48