Ch.8 – A School Day
1.2k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" 'Why?' You ask? Any self-respecting noble keeps the peasants away!" She yells, slamming the table with her hands.

Brushing her golden hair from her face, she sits down, like she made some groundbreaking argument.

"I still don't really get it. Why?" I ask her, continuing to eat my food.

"Huh? Isn't it enough that I said it? Shouldn't you be happy that I even bothered to tell you such a thing?" She says, resuming to eat her meal.

"Why should I be happy? Are you someone important?" I ask her, trying to figure out who she was.

"Wh–what—!? You don't know who I am?! Do you live under a rock?!" She yells, flabbergasted.

Do I live under a rock?

"Hey Salia, do I know her?" I ask, still unsure if I was forgetting her.

"No, you two haven't met yet. But I think she's a lady of House Evlimarq, a house of Dukes."

"Looks like that servant of yours is smarter than you! She is correct, for I am Lady Quemilia Elvimarq!" She belatedly tells me.

"I see… nice to meet you, Quemilia. I h–hope we can be friends," I tell her, mustering my courage.

"F–friends!? I–I'll see about that!" She says, her face reddening.

"I know you two want to continue talking, but you should leave for school soon," says Salia, taking all our plates.

"B–but I'm not finished! With my food, or this conversation!" Yells Quem, hopping from her seat.

But before she could take another step, some servants forcefully take her away.

"We should be going too, y'know. Can't be late the first day!" Says Salia, grabbing my hand as I get from my seat.

Holding hands, the two of us walk to school together.

Nearing the school, we see the other children walking inside, with servants and teachers guiding them peacefully.

When we were about to head inside, Mr. Sage appears and stops us.

"Since you're a special case, you'll be working in a different part of the building. I know a shortcut so follow me." He says, leading us towards the right side of the school.

The grounds all around the school were laid with bricks and gardens, making it a peaceful walk if you ignore the chatter of the students.

"Do you have any more questions, after thinking for a day?" He asks, still walking us through the gardens.

"I guess. Who are you? Is Sage really your name?" I ask, having realized this guy might be a wizard.

Mr. Sage stops in his tracks, and just turns and looks at Salia.

"Has this girl been properly educated? I didn't plan to start from scratch," he says, resuming walking.

"She always breezed through the logical education as a child. But she also never really attended too many social events, or made that large a goal to learn of the world," she replies, a wry look on her face.

"I'm standing right here, y'know."

"Don't take it the wrong way, Aza. It's not inherently bad," she reassures, patting my head.

Finally, we stop at a door near the corner of the building.

Inside is a large classroom, filled with students of all ages. Some even seemed to be commoners.

This doesn't seem like a class just for late kids.

Nor does it seem to be for all the failed kids.

So just what was this classroom for?

"Hello class. Sorry for being late. I went to pick up your newest peer. Her name is Azalia, and she turned 11… err… how long ago was it, dear?" He asks, turning towards me.

"She turned 11 around one season ago, Mr. Sage," replies Salia, pulling me a little closer.

"Also, this doesn't seem to be a class just for children catching up," she tells him, glancing at the kids in the seats.

"Ohohoho… correct you are, Salia. This is a class for special children. Holy children. You know what I must mean, Mrs. Azalia?" He asks, walking towards his desk.

Special children? Could he mean…?

"This is for kids who are really smart?" I guess, still not getting what he meant.

Mr. Sage staggers, then stares at me tiredly.

"Are you that dense, Mrs. Azalia? This is a class for you reincarnation people. The ones chosen by God."

"Oh. Why didn't you say so?" I ask, confused of his complicated words.

"Really? Nothing? These guys all were surprised, or angry, or something, y'know? You're the first one to be so… calm." He sadly tells me.

"Can you please just get on with things? I was going to drop by the church after this," asks Salia, whose wounds still hadn't fully healed.

"And you!" Yells Mr. Sage, "why are you so calm, learning that that girl has been lying to you! That she is truly someone else!" He yells, revealing more of his intentions.

"Because she had told me already? I'm going to leave now, so have fun Aza!" She says, heading for the door.

"…Whatever. Go sit where you want, Mrs. Azalia. I'll begin class in five minutes," says Mr. Sage, crying on his desk.

"You're a terrible person…" I mutter, sitting down at a seat away from the others.

When I sit down four classmates stand up and make their way to me.

…What is it now?

"Can you tell us your name, age, and family from when you were on Earth," asks the first one, a dangerous looking blonde guy.

"Then those same things, but for this world," asks the second one, a girl with long orange hair and glasses.

"After that, your ability, hobbies, and other misc info," says the third one, a guy with bronze hair and an eyepatch.

"Finally give us your experiences and your three si— ack!" Screams the last one, a girl with brown hair and a creepy gaze.

I'm not sure what she was going to say because she was kicked and fell to the ground.

"Why are you like this…?" Mutters the glasses girl, kicking her again.

I'm not sure where I should begin with this group…

Hi yes hello. Merry Christmas.

If there are any discrepancies, please tell me.

I don't plan on any more chapters. I was just bored enough to write this.

36