Ch.7 – A New Day
1.3k 3 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, what's so special about this Magecraft Country?"

"Well, for one, they have both a powerful army, and genius scholars. But, they're also peaceful. They don't want war."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Only the leader of Arikids know. Oh! Turn right a bit."

"Okay. And how much longer till we get there? I'm getting tired."

"Only a few more minutes. Be strong!"

"Muu…"

"Welcome, to our wonderful city of Arikodia! Please, enjoy your stay!"

Walking past the guard, we head straight to the school.

I wonder why.

"Wo~ow… it's so big!"

"Yep! The school can hold up to 1,500 students!"

"Who~oa… but then, where will we sleep?"

"The two of us will be sleeping in a dorm. We won't sleep together, but our rooms will be opposite of each other. So, if you want anything, just ask."

"W–what? Will there be others?"

"Yes, but they too will be nice. I'm sure you'll all be friends.

"Welcome, miss Azalia Zygarna. I am the principal of this school. You can call me Mr. Sage. 

Since you are starting later than the others, before you start your classes, you will be given a crash course on the other subjects."

"Okay."

"Don't worry, as your maid will be accommodated for, and will stay for as long as you need. But I do hope you don't cling to her, and mingle with your peers."

"Okay."

"Now then, is there anything you want to ask me? You should mainly focus on learning, while your maid will take care of everything complicated."

"Um, how long is school?"

"School starts at midday, and ends at sunset. It lasts until you become an adult at 16. Is that all?"

"Yes, Mr. Sage."

"Good. Now, you two should go make yourselves home at the dorms. Lessons start tomorrow!"

...

I was quite surprised. I didn't think I would speak to the principal!

I thought maybe a teacher or something at most.

 "Hey Aza, I know you're tired, but my arms are starting to get tired too. Could you walk the rest of the way?" Asked Salia, her arms feeling weak.

"Fi~ne..." I whine as I get off of Salia's back.

Though my legs still feel numb, I think I can walk the rest. 

Plus, I can see the surroundings better when I myself am moving.

For instance, the path of cut stone was surrounded by open area, with the school looming behind us.

To the left of the school, or rather our right, were the dorms. They were humongous stone buildings, shining in the setting sun.

"Is that where we're staying?" I ask, nervous about living with other people.

"Yes it is Aza. Don't worry too much, and just remember to enjoy yourself!" Reassures Salia, patting me on my head.

Arriving at the dorm, we were greeted by an old lady.

"You are miss Azalia? I am the dorm caretaker. If you need anything, you can come to me, okay?"

Nodding at her, The old lady and Salia small talk, only stopping when I drag her away.

Inside my room, I take a look at my belongings.

Me and Salia have already put all of my clothing in the closet, and I the school supplies are being handled by the school itself.

She also was handling all the money and important documents.

That left me with two stuffed animals, some of my favorite books, my axe, and a letter from my parents.

Salia said not to open the letter, so I put it back in my hand.

She already left to her room, which was right across from mine just like she said.

So, what should I do?

I could sleep, eat a snack, or practice my power.

Oh, yeah.

Speaking of my power, I wonder if my status has changed?

«1I'm changing the way the status looks. If you think it looked better with the table, please say something.

Name: Azalia Zygarna

Age: 11

Level: 3, +

Title: Monster, +3

Status: Normal

»

It changed!

Not only did I gain two levels, I also got another title!

Though, I'm not sure how I feel about it being Monster...

Well, what about my other screen? 

«2I also removed the HP/MP  due to me deciding to remove them.

Level: 3

Rank: 1

ATK:0

DEF:0

SPD:0

Race: Human(?)

»

It's...!

Basically the same.

Save for my level, and the question mark next to human, everything else is the same.

But why~?

Aren't I stronger now? 

Didn't I defeat all those bad guys!

And why aren't I human anymore!

*Sigh*

I guess I'm growing, so I'll drop whatever is happening.

And for now, I should go to bed.

...

"Aza~! Wake up!"

"Hwuah~?"

Why's she being so loud in the morning~?

"School will be starting soon, so you need to get ready!"

School...?

Oh yeah, I have school now.

But I don't really want to go to school again~.

"Aza!"

"I'm getting up~ so don't rush me~"

"If you don't get up, breakfast will be over."

No breakfast?

Jumping out of the bed, I have Salia dress me, and take me down for breakfast.

...

"Good morning, Azalia and Salia. Breakfast is almost over, but there is still some left, so you're free to eat that."

Walking inside the dining room, I sit down, and Salia gets the two of us food.

Setting our plates down, she takes the seat next to me.

As thanks, I pick up a piece of food with her spoon, and put it in her mouth.

I feed Salia a bit longer, before eating my food myself.

If she wasn't here, I don't think I would be able to be as happy as this.

"Hey! Servants shouldn't eat while their master is!" Yells a voice, coming from the other side of the table.

I didn't realize she was there.

"Why?" I ask, confused as to why she was yelling at us.

I tried making a cover. I won't say it's good, but I won't say it's terrible.

I hope you don't hate it!

45