007 – [Nitocris the Queen of Mirror] vs [Sword Eater]
270 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Adventurers guild Sirius city, training field

 

“So, in the back of the guild is training field” (Angelina)

 

I never imagined that after registering I would instantly get an examination for raising my rank. In the training field, there are already a lot of people. It seems they want to watch our mock battle or match whatever you call them. To me, it’s the same because it wouldn’t change the fact that it was my examination too.

 

“I can’t wait to start our match” (Chris)

 

“Are you that excited?” (Angelina)

 

“Of course, after all, I think this will be a great match” (Chris)

 

“I wonder where the gallant aura you had earlier?” (Angelina)

 

“Ah… I feel shame, but I can’t help but be excited to have a match with you Angelina” (Chris)

 

“Ara~ it’s fine, I just didn’t think that you would be this excited” (Angelina)

 

Before we start the match, I think I would appraise him first.

 


 

Name: Chris von Faintree

Sex: Male

Age: 25

Race: Human

Class: Knights

Level: 20

HP: 100

MP: 15

Strength: 30

Agility: 19

Endurance: 35

Wisdom: 25

Dexterity: 30

Charisma: 30

 

Skill:

[Advance Swordsmanship (Lv9)]

[Future sight (Lv7)]

[CQC (Lv8)]

[Erase Presence (Lv5)]

[Detect Presence (Lv5)]

[Noble Etiquette (Lv5)]

 

Titles: [Sword Eater]

 


 

‘So, he was a titleholder too eh’

But [Sword Eater] eh, I'm curious what effect that title was given to him.

[Sword Eater]

It makes it easier for the host to learn all the Sword's Art.

More or less the same as me, but it’s only for Sword’s Art. But it seems in this world status is not everything, I guess. Looking at his skill, I think it’s not balanced with his stat. Or is it just me who has her sense broken because her stat is like that?

“Oh right, what about your sword Angelina” (Chris)

“Well, here is my sword” (Angelina)

This is my first time creating a sword of mana using the fan I buy as a handle. I’m glad that it’s working. The concept is like when I use skill [Generate Smoke]. I would call this [Illusion Blade].

[Learn unique skill Illusion Blade]

Ara~ unique skill, let’s appraise it.

 

[Illusion Blade]

Materializing mana in the shape of a sword blade. Creator [Angelina Gracefeel].

 

Ara~ perhaps this is also the effect of my title as a daughter of my mother? I will ask her later, for now, let’s focus on this match first.

 

“Should I say as expected? Is that magic?” (Chris)

They all nod at his question.

“Yes, I think you could say that magic. Now let’s begin the match” (Angelina)

When I say that he smiled as if there’s no other day to from doing this again.

 

“Are you two ready?” (Gil)

 

The two of us nod at the same time.

 

“Begin!”

 

 

Just right after Gil said that Chris made his move first to me.

 

‘Good, I need to observe his technique first’

 

I parry his attack from above, and it’s quite a hard blow if I may say so. My five senses really become sharp. I can see his movement with ease. Though I say ease I must carefully read his attack.

 

“I can’t believe it the more I attacked you, the more solid your defense becomes” (Chris)

 

“Ara~ I just trying my best to receive your attack though” (Angelina)

 

The more we exchange attack and defense, the more I understand his technique and his habits. It was as if I had become an image of him in the mirror.

 

‘From now on is the real match’

After muttering that, I smile gracefully and begin my move to attack him. He seems to realize that something changed so he retreats to the back.

 

“Ara~ why are you retreating Chris?” (Angelina)

 

“My intuition telling me to retreat” (Chris)

 

As expected from A-rank adventurers. His intuition is sharp but I know it’s also because of his [Future sights] too. But…

 

 

*** Chris POV ***

 

Somehow after the last exchange blow, I feel something different from her. It was as if she’s a different person. Also, her defense is absurdly solid the more we exchange blows. One thing is for sure, she is not underestimating me rather it’s the opposite. She uses me to polish her defense to another level.

 

When I see her prepared to attack me first, I have a bad feeling and…

She disappeared and attacked me from behind. I rolled my body to the front to evade her attack.

 

‘Damn that was close’

 

“Ara~ you evade it” (Angelina)

 

She said that while smiling. I feel chills in my spine right now. How? I mean she just smiles like that after her deadly attack as if she never attacks in the first place. Also just now, she uses my Sword art perfectly. This is just my imagination, right? Why can I see myself behind her?

 

‘Shit, it was as if I have a nightmare’

 

*** Angelina POV ***

 

Ara~ I like his surprised face, let’s tease him again using his technique.

 

‘Ufufu~ this is so fun’

 

I show him his technique again and again, and his face becomes pale now. Oh, what a poor guy, though it’s my fault that he became like that. I will invite and force him to dance with me this time.

 

‘Ufufu~’

 

*** Chris POV ***

 

Eii~ this is not the time to feel down. If she uses me to polish her technique then let me polish myself too. Rather she invites me to come at her, alright I will accept her invitation.

 

‘So, this is not just my imagination’

 

This is so absurd she was like a shadow. Even I who hold the title [Sword Eater] can’t follow my opponent’s Sword art so perfectly like a shadow. And now we already exchanged blows for 30 minutes, to be honest, if I don’t have skill [Future sight] I would already lose.

 

“Chris~ try to block this [Heaven Earth Strike]” (Angelina)

 

After saying that, she disappeared and suddenly appeared right in front of me. She attacks from below but the blade disappears. and when I realized, I was already lying on the ground.

 

‘So, her attack from below was a feint huh…’

 

The real one was from above. But I was satisfied with this match.

 

 

*** Angelina POV ***

 

Ara~ I just do it on a whim but I really can do it. What a surprise, I wanted to try it in the past but I can’t, so I’m glad that I can do it now.

 

“Thanks for your hard work, Chris” (Angelina)

 

“Thanks to you too, what was that? The last one?” (Chris)

 

“Hmm? [Heaven Earth Strike]?” (Angelina)

 

“Is that the name of the [Art]?” (Chris)

 

“Ah yes, in the past I tried to do it but I can’t, but now as you can see, I can do it right now. How was it?” (Angelina)

 

“The blade suddenly disappeared right at when our blade clashed, and when I realized that I was already lying on the grounds like this” (Chris)

 

“I will tell you something about that [Art]. If you try to block it, I will change my attack from above, and if you try to evade it, I will just hit you. It maybe looks plain but it’s hard you know to master that [Art]” (Angelina)

 

That was cool, I can’t believe I can master it. A sword's art [Dwarf King Gazel] was used to test the true nature of [Rimuru].

 

Suddenly a cheer comes from the crowds. Well, they’re silent when we are still in a match. Now I think it’s okay for them to cheer like that after the match. And the Guild Master of Sirius City Gil comes to us with Uncle and Luci beside him.

 

“That was an amazing match you two” (Donovan)

 

“To be honest I didn’t think the match will be at this level” (Gil)

 

“A-ano… Miss. Gracefeel. I-I’m sorry to misjudge you” (Luci)

 

“Ara~ Luci, is it? You can call me Angelina you know. And don’t worry about that, it was just an idiot over there that made it worse like that” (Angelina)

 

“Well, now she passes the examination but, I think C-rank is too low for her” (Chris)

 

“True, but we need at least 2 Guild Master to recommend her to B-rank or maybe we should just recommend her to A-rank?” (Luci)

 

“We can talk about it later after we change the place, let’s go to my room for now” (Gil)

 

And just like that our talk makes me more than C-rank.

 

*sigh~

 


 

Name: Angelina Gracefeel

Sex: Female

Age: 15

Race: Human?

Class: Swordswoman

Level: 10

HP: 30 (300)

MP: 20 (200)

Strength: 18 (180)

Agility: 19 (190)

Endurance: 19 (190)

Wisdom: 18 (180)

Dexterity: 28 (280)

Charisma: 50 (500)

 

Bonus point: 0

 

Skill:

[Role-play] (Sealed)

[Mirror Grabber]

[Appraisal EX*]

[Silver Mist EX*]

[CQC (Lv2)]

[Erase Presence (Lv1)]

[Throwing (Lv2)]

[Royal Etiquette EX*]

[Advance Swordsmanship (Lv10)]

[Future sight (Lv3)]

[Illusion Blade]

 

 

Titles:

[Goddess Celestine Daughter]

[Nitocris the Queen of Mirror]

 

Motion Assist: [Royal (Queen)]


 

9