Familiar and Forgotten Truth
877 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of Broken Shackles. You can read next 9 chapters of Broken Shackles now on my Patron page. The process is on my profile.

You can go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Familiar/ Ghosts /Goblins" talking.

'Familiar/ Ghosts/ Goblins' thinking.

'Parseltongue' or 'will/memoriesbeing read or seen.

"Spell" being used.

Enjoy.

Broken Shackles

Chapter 2

Familiar and Forgotten Truth

As Harry walked back to his dorm, he thought about all the things he did after being called into Dumbledore's office. About his conversation with Lucius, and counted it as a success. The man is a very pompous and right prick. Harry understood that by watching him in his meetings in the past and present. If he is not brought down by a peg or two, he will become a headache or a pain in the backside for Harry.

He thought about making Dobby his house-elf. Dobby is an elf and is like any other elf, need a bond to survive and needs a master work under. Of course, if he became the Hogwarts house-elf it will be good. But, Harry thought Dobby will do him good. As Dobby had worked with the Malfoy's, he might know some things that Harry himself can't find or had no knowledge about in the wizarding world. It will do Dobby good as he got the chance to be the elf of his idol and hero. So he decided that is also a sound decision.

His next thought went to his wand. The holly wand with the Pheonix feather is not responding to him. He can't cast spells as effectively as before and he couldn't feel the warmth he felt before when he used it. He should ask a wandmaker about this development. He can't have a wand that doesn't respond to him when he needs it, right? Maybe he can combine it with some other wood or something to see how it works. He thought about it and noted to go to Diagon Ally to find more about it.

He ate lunch early and went to the Chamber of Secrets. According to what Salazar said, he is going to get somethings from the library in the Chamber. He went to the girls' bathroom and didn't see Myrtle and hissed to the sink. He thought about sliding and its advantages and thought better of it and imagined steps. They appeared beside the slide and went in.

He entered the Chamber and hissed to the snake door to 'open' and it opened. He saw the corpse of the dead Basilisk and rubbed the spot where it bit him. He heard some sound in the water and turned and froze in shock and fear.

There, in the water lay a Serpent. It can be understood easily by its long body with blue eyes, sparkling with wisdom and knowledge, with bluish-black scales and a missing Jewel on its head but it has a green spot at the place where it should be with it's horns to the side and 2 wings which were curled back.

The Serpent was looking at him with something akin to affection, love and protectiveness in its eyes. He heard about these species. They are called Horned Serpents, which inhabits bodies of water as their natural habitat and are seen as intelligent creatures and a species of snakes. He and Hermione discussed about the possibility of them being Slytherin's monster and so he know about it.

'These serpents emitted a low, musical note to warn about danger. Shavings from its horn can be used as wand cores. Its jewel was said to grant powers of invisibility and flight, thus making it the most sought after species of Snakes' said the book he read about the Horned Serpents.

All pieces fell together in his mind. The sound, the musical note he heard is the warning he got from this Horned Serpent in front of him, warning him about danger. The soothing note he heard before he fell unconscious, was the note which soothed his pain and the note he heard before delving into Slytherin's memories were to comfort him about the memories he is going to see. His eyes widened in realisation and surprise.

'How is this possible. How can he, Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, living in Great Britain listen to a Horned Serpent which is rare and native to America' he thought in vein.

"How" he whispered lowly surprising himself at the slip-up. He heard musical and sweet laughter from the creature in front of him.

"Hahahahaha. I came here to see the person who bonded with me and to know about how the bond formed, and I get a boy, who defeated the Basilisk, known as the King of Serpents. A boy, who was left alone by the world" he heard the voice say to me. He can say it is a female voice. Her intelligent blue eyes bored into his emerald green eyes as if searching for something. She nodded after some time.

"Yes, those are the eyes I saw. Those Green eyes are the ones I saw. They have something in them, that has a calming effect. Call me impressed, Harry" said the voice again. Harry was shocked. What is she talking about, when she said she saw it in his eyes.

"Who are you, how do know my name, and how did you see my eyes," he asked exasperated. He can't hold the suspense anymore. He wants to know everything about this Horned Serpent. How did she come here and how is she able to find about him.

"Yes, I forgot to introduce myself, sorry. My name is Mirana, Mira in short. I am a Winged Horned Serpent, a species of snakes. I have a dream about a green-eyed boy needing my help in his life when I was sleeping. We generally don't take dreams like these lightly as it is said that we have the ability to predict the future. When I ventured deep into that dream, I saw a battle with the King of Snakes, The Basilisk. I thought of warning you by using Nature, like causing storms, lightning, thunder and such. But thought that you wouldn't know about that as a warning. So I used the danger sense we have, by singing a melodic note according to the situation.

It worked by soothing you or calming you as the situation passed. This made my suspicions true. We are bonded by the familiar bond. How? I don't know, but I can feel it, if you are in danger, my mind up, I came here after your fight to see a black mass separate from you, and the Pheonix incinerating it using its fire. So I focused on keeping you alive by soothing and using my Jewel on you" she said in a solemn tone. This shocked Harry. He heard that the Jewels of the Horned Serpents are sort after for their magical properties and abilities like flight and invisibility. He didn't know that a Horned Serpent can use its jewel on others. He stared at her in shock. She just nodded and gave a melodic laugh.

"Are you blaming yourself now for making me use my Jewel? Poor child. Don't blame yourself, Harry. I'll regrow it back. Back to the topic. The green light you saw, when you woke up is the jewel becoming part of you and the Pheonix certainly helped in keeping you alive" she said and nodded to him as if confirming her statement.

"Because of this, you are free of that nasty black mass and got some special abilities. Do you find something different, Harry?" She asked curiously. He thought to himself and didn't find anything different.

"You are not wearing your glasses," she said, amused. His eyes widened and he ran to the water in the Chamber to see his reflection and saw it to be true. He looked at her, amazed.

"Amazed are you? Wait until you get a good grasp of all your new abilities. As for your question of how I knew about your name. I simply got the information from your fight with that boy" Harry stared at her gaping like a fish out of water. She nodded smugly.

"Yes. I saw it and heard your name then. I hid in there" she said, gesturing to own of the water ponds in the Chamber. Harry nodded in acknowledgement.

"We should bond as a familiar and master to make our bond permanent Harry. Then we'll have a permanent connection" she said before he could ask the question.

"How do we do it," he asked her confused.

"It's simple, just like how you bond with an elf, we both give our willingness to be bonded to each other as familiar and Master" she said and they performed the ritual. The same golden light came signifying the bond formation. Magic recognising and approving their bond as Familiar and Master.

Harry could feel a connection in the back of his mind towards her. He nodded to her as if thanking her for all the help. Mira also nodded to him as if saying 'always'.

They both turned to the Basilisk corpse lying in the Chamber and stared at it thinking of what to do.

"What do you think we should do about that"

"If you ask me, I think you do the only thing. Sell it. Let me explain" she said before he could raise any objection.

"The Basilisk skin and scales are very rare as there are not many Basilisk's around and can be used in various things. You can make a few pairs of Armours with this much, even not counting the skin outside. Next, the fangs of a Basilisk can be used in wand making. I have a good idea of a wood that will suit you and I'll bring it. In the meantime, you go and search and ask a wandmaker to do it but keep it a secret. I think having 2 wands isn't considered legal" she said doubtfully and he nodded to it as he knew that having more than 1 wand is illegal.

"As for its flesh, I don't know what to do. I think I'll eat it. If a Parseltongue defeats a magical creature like a Basilisk in a battle, it can be considered as a right of conquest, you can gain its magical properties. As you have defeated it and me being your familiar might get something" she said in a hopeful tone as to convince Harry to let her eat the Basilisk.

"You see, from what Salazar told me, I should also eat it. He told me about something similar. So, we are going to eat the meat" he said with finality. She nodded enthusiastically.

"Dobby"

"Did Master Harry call..." Dobby's reply was replaced by a gasp as he looked at the Serpent beside Harry and pointed at it.

"Master. There is a snake beside you" he cried in fear.

"Yes, Dobby. This is Mirana, my familiar. Mirana, this is Dobby, my house elf" he said, introducing each other. Mira nodded and Dobby gave a shaky nod.

"Dobby, I called you here as I have work for you," he said giving time to the elf to understand to which Dobby nodded enthusiastically.

"You see, this is the monster that you warned me about. It's a Basilisk. And as you know, Basilisk's are rare. So I'm thinking that you can help me sell this" he said gesturing to the dead Basilisk. Dobby nodded in understanding.

"Yes, Master Harry. Dobby can do it. Dobby has the experience with these kinds of things from Dobby's bad masters" he nodded his head vehemently. Harry also nodded in agreement.

"I want you to remove all the fangs and skin. Sell the skin which is outside and store the skin that is on the snake. I also want you to take all the meat and give me in small quantities every day and let her feast as much as she wants" Harry ordered to which Dobby nodded dutifully and Harry gave him the go-ahead and he popped away.

"I think I should proceed with what I came here for," said Harry gesturing towards the inner Chamber. Mira nodded.

Harry moved into the inner chamber where the Basilisk came from. He told the same password that Tom told to call upon the Basilisk. Nothing happened. He thought about it for a minute and hissed 'Open' and just as outside, the statue of Slytherin opened inside revealing a pathway. He entered when the room was lit up in green flames. The fire illuminated all the things that are in the Chamber.

There were lots of skulls, bones and other remains of animals and lots of sheded snakeskin. It is a huge pile to the side and the fact which made it more breathtaking was, it was fresh. Fresh as in freshly shed skin. The large pile reached the top of the Chamber, which is at least 60 feet in height and 10 feet wide. His eyes lit up at the prospect of using all the skin for different things. For now, though, he left it be. He searched for the wall where the secret entrance lay and found a snake hanging to the side on the far East side of the wall and pressed his hand on it.

As said by Salazar, he felt something cut his finger and his blood dripped from the wound and it healed instantly. After some time, there was a loud rumbling and the wall opened inwards itself. The first thing he saw was the portrait of an old man hung proudly on the other side of the wall. It is not magical as the portrait is not moving. He is an old man, with grey hair wearing a green coat over other clothes with a locket around his neck, and a green ring on his right ring finger with the same 'S' in the form of a silver snake, the symbol of Slytherin house.

He saw large rows of books set in a never-ending corridor with one book on the desk in front of the painting. He went near the book and touched it. It started hissing.

"Who are you"

"I'm Harry Potter"

"How did you find this place"

"I found it from the instructions given by Salazar Slytherin to the sorting hat, Griff"

"What is the proof of it"

"You can check my memories if you want to, which I'll give you or you can test my blood as he told me that I'm his blood descendant"

"I'll do both," said the voice with a steel edge in it.

He felt his finger trickle and blood pour on the book, and his memories, which are in the form of a silver thread, being pulled into a silvery-blue water. The bowl lit up and the symbols on its side slowly started to unlock, at least that's what he thought because of all the clicking sounds, as he saw them detach from each other. The blood on the book also lit up in golden colour.

"Welcome back Lord Slytherin. It has been a long time since the last one left the living world" came the voice again and a signet ring appeared upon the book which lit up in a colourful rainbow.

He shakily took the signet ring and saw it to be the ring on the ring finger of the man. He examined it. It has a silver 'S' in the form of a snake which is inside a green gem and is surrounded by a silver shield and on top of the shield is another silver snake and all the shield is surrounded by silver snakes and green trees with the house motto ambitious and cunning emblazoned at the bottom of it.

He didn't know which language it is in, but he could read it as it is. With the ring, a book appeared with the name 'Will of Salazar Slytherin' on it in the same scribbling lines but he understood it. He took the book in his hand and opened it.

'I Salazar Slytherin, write this will with sound mind and intellect. This will be considered as my final will and testimony. Any of the previous ones will be deemed nullified as of this moment. This is my true and final will to be counted as my last wish and done as asked.

To my Dear Heir,

I am Salazar Slytherin, one of the founders of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. If you are reading this, then that means I have long passed away after writing this note and Griff would have found my daughter's son's line and gave the memory about my last wish to you. I am happy that you have made it here, my dear Heir. I don't know what people may think of me after my death, but let me tell you the truth.

I am born to a noble House of Slytherin as the eldest of 3 children. I have a little brother and sister.

As any elder brother would, I loved my siblings and protected them to the best of my abilities. I am a different child from the beginning, and that just increased when I started speaking with snakes, a trait my family had but a secret lay in this. Most of my family can speak Parseltongue but, I can read and write Parseltongue as well. If you are reading this then that is the final proof that you are my blood descendant as this is written in Parseltongue' at this Harry's eyes widened. He can read andwrite in Parseltongue as well.

'The time in which I grew up is not good, and there is an ongoing war between Mundane and Magicals. The Mundane are the people who didn't have any magic in them and tried to assert control on the Magicals, and treated us below humans and as untouchables. We fought for our safety and to live. There are lots of skirmishes throughout my childhood that forced me to learn things fast and took my innocence away. I don't wish such dark days even to my worst enemies.

In one such skirmish, my parents were killed, and we 3 siblings have become orphans. This made me realise something. If you are repeatedly hurt by the same thing again and again, you should either become the thing to make it true or to give up like a coward. So I chose the former and changed. I changed into the being feared by most Mundanes even in their dreams. I became the Mundane slayer to protect my siblings. To protect my kind from slaughter. But everything changed when they attacked again and my sister was killed in the assault.

All my world shattered at that moment. I can't do anything. Everything I did was to save my siblings. My younger brother got separated from me in the skirmish, and we lost each other. I don't know where or how he is even to the current day. But I heard a rumour that a man speaking with snakes attacked a village and killed most of the village of hunters who killed the Magicals and was killed after he is pierced with a poisonous arrow.

I don't want to see his corpse or see his body as I can't hold the anger within me anymore. I don't want to find that very person people are taking about to be my brother. As after my sister's death, I already went on a rampage. Everything and everyone who came in my way lay dead because of my power. There is a belief in our time that wands are the only tools that the Magicals use to fight and they can't fight without one. But they are wrong.

I made this ring from the original family ring. This ring has the essence of the most powerful rituals which give the user Power. Power, to do things which may be seen as impossible by many. But to attain that power, one must do things that could be seen as cruel by many. I call them hypocrites. If you want revenge and you have a sword, you should not fight with daggers and kitchen knives to get your revenge. You should do it with the sword you have, and sharpen it to cut your enemies and rinse it in their blood. Not with wooden daggers and rubber arrows.

So I have done it. I killed all the people that killed my sister and many others who would have done the same or something more viler to my Brethren. I became the Wizard who Mundane kings feared, and wizards respected. After everything was over, I realised about what I have done and felt guilty. So I travelled across the world learning so many things and so many kinds of magicks and helping wherever possible. Magicks that may seem obscure and vile. And in my travels, I saw all the horrors that befell on young magical children.

They were forced to suppress their magic, fearing detection by the mundane and met a fate that was worse than death. They were becoming these strange creatures called an Obsucurial. An Obscurial is a young wizard or witch who developed a dark parasitical magical force, known as an Obscurus, as a result of their magic being suppressed through psychological or physical abuse which they endure because of their parents to remain secret from the Mundane. A man with an idea to build a school for all the children approached me and it interested me. He, me and 2 other women formed and group, and worked hard on the school we wanted to build for the future of the wizarding children.

It took us a decade to complete everything. Building, halls, stairs, classrooms, Quarters, ceilings, kitchens, hidden chambers, Secret passageways etc. All this is built in a sentient castle, which can act as a stronghold to protect the children who came here from various places for education in the magical arts. Rowena named it Hogwarts. We all taught there, acting as first teachers and caretakers of the children. Then we met with the problem of their accommodation of children in the castle, and built additional dorms to facilitate their stay and made a charter with rules and regulations to be followed. Soon the fame of the school spread and the children we got increased tremendously.

We have created a House system and collectively made Griff, the hat of Godric into a semi-sentient one, and gave him our traits and description of children we want in our houses. I also told him mine, which includes children who are noble and powerful who are cunning and ambitious. They are easy to mould and I promoted unity in my house. I hope that they are doing well in the magical world. I don't want children to suffer any attacks that may happen on the school and so I built the Chamber of Secrets in secret, and added some pathways within it to various parts of the school.

I brought a Basilisk which I bred to protect children from any large scale attacks. It can stop them with its gaze while the children escape from the castle. I heard that Rowena had built a room on the seventh floor just like the Chamber. I hope Soka is doing well. If the situation is as I thought it would be, please do as instructed, my heir.

I married a woman whom I loved and we had a daughter, who, as per my wife's wishes, was named Lily. My wife died due to hereditary disease and left me with my daughter. I raised her to be a great young woman and she married a Mundane born Wizard who is magical, whom she loved. I didn't object as I know all Mundane are not evil or has a goal to kill us Magicals. But he was betrayed by his friends and they were brutally slaughtered by Mundanes.

I took their son who is a year old at that time and gave him to a Mundane family who couldn't have children. They were happy to have him. I wanted him to be as far as possible from the magical society and its bloodshed. The skirmishes have become extreme. I have requested them to name the daughters in their family after flowers after his mother's name. They agreed and took joy that they had a child. I know they did so much damage to our kind, but I'm not hypocritical enough to assume that all Mundane are evil.

I have my faith and added so many protection spells around him to protect him from any harm. He has his mother's or my own Green eyes. That may have become the trademark of my descendants. Some may claim to be my descendants, but they may be descended from my brother or other family members. I'm going to the battlefield, as we speak to fight Mundanes in a battle to protect the children and future of our kind. My only request to you is to protect the castle from all dangers from outside and within. Protect the children for whom I gave my life to protect, my dear Heir.

In this endeavour of yours to protect them, let all the gold I have left and other family heirlooms to you in the side room help you. The ring is the most valuable and powerful of them all. Please take care of the children and the castle, My dear Heir. Be like a Slytherin. Pursue your ambitions and be cunning. The world is not a safe heaven and is not completely black and white. Honour your family name and make sure the Castle and Children are safe if possible. This is the only thing that I ask of you.

With love and hope,

Salazar Slytherin'

He couldn't help but feel proud of what the elder Slytherin asked of him. He asked him to protect students from anything and everything. He is a man who deserved respect, not all the criticism or foul mouthing and names he was called and he was called a Muggle-hater. Harry laughed at that. He is going to honour the memory of Salazar Slytherin.

He took the ring up from the book and observed it closely. It is vibrating with power as Salazar told it would. He took it and put it on his right ring finger. He felt the ring resize to fit his finger. Words came to his mind and he spoke them without thinking.

"I, Harry James Potter Slytherin, do hereby swear that I will honour the house of Slytherin, and do my best for the welfare and betterment of the House. This I swear, so mote it be!" said Harry.

A green and silvery light surrounded him as if judging his worth and with one bright flash all the magic seeped into his body and disappeared. There was a loud ring of a bell as the large bell in the school rang loudly.

"Welcome back, Lord Slytherin. Hogwarts is delighted to have you back. Ask anything you wish from Hogwarts and it shall be done" he heard a female voice speak with delight.

He didn't know what this meant. But he is going to remain low and find everything about this. He moved to look at all the books that Salazar told him about and came upon the library. In all the libraries, there is one thing that made it like it is a recent addition.

He moved in to check up on it and took it in his hands. It is a small golden chain with an hourglass in the middle with golden sand in it. It has a chain to wear it, and some symbols carved into it. It is definitely a new addition to the library and he is going to find more about it.

And Cut

That's it for this chapter, folks.

You can read next 2 chapters of Broken Shackles now on my Patron page. The process is on my profile.

You can go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Next Chapter will be on 14 the of November.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

24