Investigation and Duels
512 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the Next Chapter of Broken Shackles. Hope you share your feedback with me.

You can read next 2 chapters of Broken Shackles and join the Discord Server now through my Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me by buying me a coffee for all the work I put in publishing all the stories and get access to the Discord server as well by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

A special thanks to my Beta, Theseus-Theo for his help.

Tell whether his beta-reading is helping the story or not. Did you find any difference pre and post his help in the story in your reviews.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Familiar/ Ghosts /Goblins" talking.

'Familiar/ Ghosts/ Goblins' thinking.

'Parseltonguewill/memories'

"Spell" is being used.

Enjoy.

Broken Shackles

Chapter 16

Investigation and Duels

"It's an intense match," Harry said as he came out of his bath. He saw Cho looking around curiously.

"Interested in my room?"

"I want to see why I feel different here compared to other rooms," she answered honestly.

"Oh? What do you feel different here?"

"Don't know. Maybe you?"

"Yup. That's it. Will you stay for the night?" He asked with a longing look.

"I don't want to spread the rumour of us staying a night together in your room, Harry. So no,"

"Ah, come on. I'll make sure to keep it quiet and will eliminate any such rumours," Harry promised, coming near her.

"I promised my friends this would be a short trip. Since you are insisting, I'll stay here till night. After you sleep, I'll leave," Cho compromised.

"At least it's better than leaving now. Thanks. How did you feel about the match?" Harry asked. They started talking and it went to cover many subjects and after hours of talking, Cho went to her room after Harry slept.

As he slept, he went into his mindscape to ask Hogwarts for help. He reached the vibrating Castle, he can feel her happiness to meet him.

"How is everything going on, Hogwarts?"

"Well, my Lord. What can I do for you?" The familiar female voice asked as he reached the Hogwarts in his mind.

"Can you tell what happened when Sirius Black came?" Harry asked and Hogwarts gave a vibrated shake as if nodding. His Slytherin Lord ring glowed brightly and Harry slipped into a black hole.

"I'm going to take you through what happened, my Lord. So please close your eyes," Hogwarts said gently and Harry did as said.

As he closed his eyes, he saw a weak man walk into Hogwarts through one of the secret passages and towards the Gryffindor Tower.

Harry knew it to be Sirius from the wanted posters he saw and saw him hide from many students in the hallways and reach the Gryffindor Tower in his Animagus form unnoticed. As his Dog form perfectly merged with the darkness in the dimly lit hallways.

The fat lady in the portrait was none the wiser as she is trying her best to sing some song and impress her fellow portraits.

Harry saw him move forward and reach his old room after a bit of searching, the same room Harry stayed in when he was in Gryffindor. Sirius panicked as he noticed the lack of Harry's presence.

Harry saw him turn towards the calendar and realise the day it was and move out of the Gryffindor Tower. But this time, he was noticed by the Fat Lady as he was in his Human form.

As if to keep her shut, Harry saw Sirius cut her portrait with his claws and ran towards another secret passage in his Dog form and escape from it.

Harry noticed what no one believed till now. Sirius was sombre the entire time and his eyes spoke volumes of his failure to meet Harry than words could ever say.

Harry felt wet on his cheeks and touched them to feel tears, his tears. He was unknowingly crying by the amount of grief Sirius was feeling. Harry doesn't need anything more than this to say Sirius is innocent.

His determination to save Sirius grew stronger and he asked Hogwarts to inform him if Sirius entered Hogwarts again and Hogwarts happily accepted.

Next Day

The night passed as Harry recalled Sirius's eyes and compared them with the dying moment of his mother. They held the same love for him.

But because of the Slytherin Lord ring, he managed to sleep a few hours. The Slytherin Lord ring sometimes forces him to do some things and Harry took it as the uniqueness of the ring to keep its master safe.

'Maybe if I become stronger than it, I would be able to control it? Food for thought,' Harry thought as he prepared himself for the day.

After bathing and clothing, Harry walked into the Common Room to attend his classes only to be surprised.

"Welcome, Harry!" He heard many voices yell and had almost fired a spell. When he saw many familiar faces of his housemates, he relaxed his wand.

"What is going on?"

"We are celebrating our victory," Padma said as she stood in front of the group.

"Don't we have classes?" Harry asked, confused.

"Classes for the first half of the day are suspended, Mr Potter. The Headmaster and other Professors are investigating what happened yesterday," said Professor Flitwick coming into Harry's view.

"What happened, sir?" Harry asked the diminutive man.

"What happened yesterday is nothing to take lightly, Harry. So the Headmaster asked the DMLE for help as yesterday's events compromise the safety of students," Flitwick explained.

Though everyone was here before Harry, they didn't know this as Flitwick only explained the class dismissal part. Harry was perplexed by this.

'What? Having a Basilisk doesn't compromise student safety, but Dementors attacking does?' Harry thought rhetorically.

"Maybe your Headmaster thought the Basilisk to be a lost pet snake," Harry heard the sarcastic voice of Mira.

'Yeah. He might have thought that. After all his pet is a Phoenix,' Harry replied and heard Mira laugh.

"So we are celebrating now?" Harry asked uneasily. Though he overcame yesterday's events, celebrating his near-death experience didn't appetize him.

"No Harry. We are celebrating your successful recovery and in some part our victory," said Professor Flitwick, easing Harry's mind.

"Well, in that case, let's have a party!" Harry called and everyone cheered. Though he is not keen on celebrating, Mira pointed out the main fact.

Harry managed to successfully stand against a large group of Dementors alone and won as well. So that idea managed to push Harry to enjoy it.

"Professor, who came to investigate?"

"I think Auror Shacklebolt came with a few others. Why, do you want to talk to them?"

"If possible, yes. I want to share my experience. I think it might help them," Harry said and Flitwick nodded in understanding.

"Yes, that might help. In that case, follow me. Prepare for the party while I will be back with Mr Potter soon," Flitwick ordered Penelope and Harry saw her nod.

He received many congratulations and appreciative handshakes as he followed Flitwick outside the common room and reached an empty corridor.

"They are discussing it there, Harry. You can go in. I'll be waiting here," said Flitwick as he pointed towards a closed door and Harry nodded gratefully and walked in.

"So what are you-" Harry heard someone saying.

"Excuse me," Harry asked as he entered and saw 2 people in the room while the male was talking.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I'm Harry Potter. I want to discuss yesterday's events," Harry said and took in the appearance of the talking two.

First was a tall black wizard with broad shoulders. He was bald and wore a single gold hoop earring. He wore purple robes on what appeared to be his Auror robes Harry guessed. Next to him was a familiar pink turning red-haired woman he knew.

"Harry Potter, you say? I heard of you. Are you the one all those Dementors attacked?" Shacklebolt asked in a deep voice.

"Yes, Auror…"

"Shacklebolt, Kingsley Shacklebolt and this is Trainee Auror Tonks," introduced Shacklebolt and Harry nodded.

"Yes, it was me those Dementors attacked and I want to ask if there is any progress in your investigation?"

"Not yet, Mr Potter. We just saw the attack area and all the Dementors who attacked you were sent back to Azkaban for safety reasons. We assure you, Mr Potter, we will try our best to find what made those Dementors attack you like that," assured Shacklebolt and Harry nodded.

"Tonks, take his statement and meet me at the entrance hall," he ordered and left the room as Professor Flitwick asked him to meet Dumbledore.

"I'll come soon, Professor," Harry assured and Flitwick nodded and left to Ravenclaw Common Room to oversee party arrangements. After all the students will be staying in the Tower the whole day.

"You are respected more than I expected," commented Tonks as she took out a quill and parchment.

"What can I say, they are not like you," Harry retorted as she dropped the quill.

"Why you! Spit it. What happened?" She asked angrily.

"Calm down, Tonks. How is Ted?" Harry asked as he sat on a chair he conjured and created another chair for Tonks.

Tonks' eyes widened as what Harry did is very advanced and if she remembered correctly, it is at least OWL level Transfiguration.

"What is that shocked face? Cat caught your tongue?" Harry asked with a teasing smile and Tonks's face reddened at that.

"Who told you that?" She said angrily and sat on the conjured chair.

"I only consider your family and a few as dear to me, Tonks. So don't tell anyone about this," Harry asked and Tonks nodded in understanding.

"How did they all attack you?" She asked, putting her quill on the parchment.

"I was trying to catch the snitch and went high into the air following it. As I was about to reach it, I felt chilly and turned around to see a few Dementors coming toward me.

I thought of leaving the snitch and turning back. But by then, they surrounded me from all sides and were close to catching me. I was reminded of some not so good memories and took my wand out and used the Patronus Charm to repel them.

As they are high in numbers, mine alone couldn't repel them. The snitch flew at them, coming towards me and my hand caught it as I was about to fall, a few more Patronuses came to my aid and repelled those wretched creatures.

That's what happened and I managed to survive another day," Harry ended his explanation. Tonks was stuck at one part. Patronus.

"You can do the Patronus Charm? Is it Incorporeal?" She hurriedly asked to satiate her curiosity.

"Yes I can do the Patronus Charm and a Corporeal one," Harry said with a satisfied smirk and pulled his wand.

"Expecto Patronum," he said and a silvery-white Doe formed and walked towards Tonks. Nymphadora felt at ease in its presence and smiled in joy.

"I didn't know why my father was so interested in your case, Harry. But seeing all this, I can understand his interest and enthusiasm," she said, for the first time with no hate or anger at him.

Her hair changed to a radiant gold when she said that and Harry noticed how they changed to find anything that can help him in his Shapeshifting. But found nothing.

Harry had a feeling that her hair colour changing is automatic and might be out of her control as well. He decided to talk about that.

"Why are you praising me? You have a wonderful ability," Harry said, combing his hair, implying what he is talking about.

"I can't control it and it was there with me from birth. Mom said it used to be a Black family trait, which was lost over the years," Tonks said without any forethought.

'What? A Black family trait? Does that mean Andromeda was also from House Black?' Harry's mind was racing with all these thoughts.

"It appears we both have many things to discuss during Christmas break. You'll be home, right?" Harry asked and Tonks nodded with a beaming smile.

"Thanks for your time, Dora. Tell Ted I'll come during the Christmas holidays," Harry said and before she can tell or attack him, he left the room.

"Damn you, Potter!" Tonks yelled like a certain Malfoy and stumbled to reach her senior at the Entrance gate.

Ravenclaw Common Room

"Harry, what's the late, let's celebrate!" The whole Ravenclaw cheered as Harry walked into the Common Room.

"Guys, let me eat. I should complete my breakfast," Harry said and was about to go to the Great Hall. Padma pointed towards a neatly filled plate and sent him to eat it.

Not having much choice, Harry went to eat while the calm and silent Ravenclaw common room turned into the noisy and chaotic Gryffindor common room.

"We have a whole day to celebrate. Headmaster declared today as a holiday," yelled Penelope as she tried to control her fellow bookworms.

"What should we do?"

"Quiz?"

"Spelling games?"

"Stop it, guys. I want to show you a fun muggle game," Harry said, completed with his breakfast. This got everyone's attention. Except for 5th and 7th-year students who are preparing for their OWLS and NEWTS, all years are in the Ravenclaw common room.

"Let's play hide and seek!" Harry proclaimed and got many confused faces.

"Huh, what is it?" Everyone asked as they didn't know anything about muggle games. He proceeded to explain the game and how it is played.

"One will find while others will hide. Whoever remains unfound for the whole game will be the winner," Harry explained simply.

"So we can hide under anything?" A curious first year asked.

"No. We can lay down some rules and those hiding there will be disqualified. Who is interested to play?" Harry asked and many of the first 4 years showed interest.

"The sixth years can be your helpers as they are older than us," Harry suggested and the sixth years are happy to guide the younger years.

"So let's play like this. One student from each year will be a seeker, that way everyone knows their classmates and will be easy to identify," suggested Terry and everyone nodded.

"That's good. Now let's decide all the rules. No going out of Ravenclaw common room," said Harry.

"No hiding in your dorms," suggested Penelope and everyone nodded.

"No using advanced magic. Basic usage like Levitation charm is ok. Anything advanced will cost disqualification," suggested another.

They continued laying rules and Harry was happy to see magical children playing a muggle game and that too interestedly playing and continued listening to their suggestions.

"Lastly, whoever wins will get a chance to have a Duel with Harry today," suggested a familiar voice and all of them turned to see their Head of House standing between them, unnoticed.

"Professor, I-"

"It's okay, Harry. It's good to play a game once in a while," Flitwick nodded in approval and all the common room cheered.

"Let's get started. How should we choose who will be the seeker?" Asked a curious Goldstein.

"I can offer a random pick for you. Write your names and put them in this Hat," said Flitwick and everyone wrote their names.

"Since Harry is the one the winner is going to Duel, Harry can't hide and he is the Seeker of Ravenclaw Quidditch team, he is going to be the default seeker from 3rd year," Flitwick said with a smile.

"Is that acceptable, Mr Potter?" Flitwick asked happy smile and Harry had no option but to agree so he nodded.

"Wonderful. Now put your names here," Flitwick offered the hat and everyone except the third year put their names. All the 3rd years couldn't stop laughing. This is too real to be true for them.

"Ok. Let's pick," said Flitwick and while he picked, Harry took the papers he picked and after all 3 years were picked, Flitwick kept the hat aside.

"Let's see. From the first year, the seeker is going to be… Nicola Tampere," read Flitwick and a petite first year stepped forward shily.

Nicola is a petite young girl with fair skin and dark eyes. Though she is in her Hogwarts robes, they barely fit her as they look a size too large for her petite body. She had a shy expression and was staring at the ground.

"Oh, this is interesting. Second-year seeker is, Luna Lovegood," called Flitwick and the dreamy blonde walked forward with a lost expression staring at the ceiling.

"Harry Potter," said Flitwick, winking at Harry and taking the last name. "Ms Chang," he read with a happy smile.

"These are going to be your seekers. You can choose any one of the 6th years to be your helpers," said Flitwick, stopping himself.

"I know a better idea. All sixth years are going to disperse to key points in the tower and act as judges. They will assist the younger students to hide and keep an eye on you," Flitwick said with a broad smile.

"Come on, Professor. You are being unfair to us," Harry protested.

"Now, now, Mr Potter. You know more about this game and I don't doubt you might be tempted to cheat. That's why I'm taking additional steps to keep this fair," Flitwick explained himself and Harry had to agree.

"Ok, how to start?" Marietta, a very close friend of Cho, asked curiously. This is the first time Harry seeing her closely. She had curly, reddish-blonde hair, and tan skin. She wore casuals in blue and bronze.

"We will count from 100 to 0 and you should hide before then. We will be facing the wall as well, so there will be no scope for cheating," Harry explained and everyone nodded.

"Remember all the rules, students. Let's get started. Seekers, turn around and start counting." Flitwick ordered. While everyone was hiding, he stood there, making sure Harry's group was counting every number.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Professor, can we start now?" Harry, being the de facto leader of the group, asked.

"Yes, Mr Potter. You can start seeking them now. All the best. I'll be here till the game is over and send everyone you find here with the sixth year." Flitwick said and Harry nodded.

"Ok, girls. Let's get started. We should find all of them." Harry said and started his seeking. He didn't think his Quidditch seeking skills would help as they are in different situations.

Headmaster's Office

"So Harry came to talk to you?" Dumbledore asked and seeing Shacklebolt nod, he sighed.

"I thought of sending him to you. But it looks like he is a step ahead."

"Yes, Headmaster. Flitwick brought him. I must admit, facing that many Dementors and coming unharmed is a great feat." Shacklebolt said in awe.

"Yes, Kingsley. It's not a normal feat. But I'm worried about Harry's mental health." He said in worry.

"Why, Headmaster, what happened?" Shacklebolt asked sharply. Harry Potter is the hero of Magical Britain and anything happening to him will cause unnecessary panic in the magical populace. Kingsley knew how terrifying public panic would be.

He is one of the Aurors that survived the First Wizarding War and it doesn't look pretty. Unnecessary death, bloodshed and chaos reigned supreme in those days and they were his worst nightmare.

Magical Britain slipping into those days again is something he is not willing to allow. He is going to do everything he can to stop that and Harry Potter is key to that.

"You know about Sirius's attempted break-in?" Dumbledore asked and Shacklebolt nodded.

"Harry didn't react when that happened. He came, suggested a great plan, got approved and went. I couldn't understand what happened, but seeing how well the plan was working, I couldn't object.

Even yesterday, instead of falling from his broom or slipping unconscious, he stood strong and used his Patronus against all the Dementors.

It's a sight to behold, Kingsley. Harry on his broom as if floating with his wand out and a Doe in front of him ramming into all the Dementors is something that worries me.

Are these signs something good or something we didn't expect, hiding in plain sight going on?" Dumbledore asked and Shacklebolt didn't have an answer to that question.

"Sorry to disturb you with my questions and thoughts, Kingsley. You can go if your investigation is complete. Tell me if you find anything that is causing this," he said and Kingsley left with a nod.

'Did Harry change that much? I thought all his stories were rumours. But hearing this from Dumbledore paints a different picture,'

'I need to check what happened yesterday from Tonks as well. Only if that girl didn't mess this up,' he thought and left to meet with his clumsy junior.

"I know things are changing, Fawkes. Only if I knew what they are leaning towards," Dumbledore said, stroking Fawkes feathers.

Meanwhile, In Ravenclaw Tower

As the game started, Harry and his group of seekers slowly made their way towards the corridors of the almost empty Ravenclaw Tower as most of the students were playing hide and seek with them.

Harry is surprised by their hiding tactics as they didn't find anyone even after searching for 10 mins.

The first-year girl, Nicola, was too shy to talk and just followed them like a lost puppy.

Luna on the other hand was in her world and walked behind them similar to Nicola with an occasional widening of her eyes in surprise.

Harry and Cho are leading their charge while trying their best to be observant of their surroundings. They didn't even see 6th year's around.

"What's going on? Why do I feel alone?" Cho asked Harry in a whisper.

"You two seem closer than I remember," Luna spoke out of the blue, startling Nicola which made her hide behind Harry's leg.

"Calm down, Nicola. It's just Luna," Harry tried to soothe her and tried to get her off his leg. But surprisingly, the petite girl had a strong grip.

"I can see their path. Heliopaths followed them. Here you are!" Luna suddenly pointed and found one of the first years who was hiding behind a curved corner. He was escorted to the common room as they found a sixth year to do that.

"I think this is why many won't talk to her. Her odd behaviour puts people off," Cho whispered to Harry as he carried Nicola on his foot to search the remaining tower.

Scene Break

Few Hours Later

Luna continued her odd talking and found most hiding students while Harry and Cho found some of their year mates. Nicola shakily stuck behind Harry's leg to find anything.

After only one from 3rd and 4th year was left, Professor Flitwick called the game off and everyone assembled in the common room to discuss how the duel was going to take place.

"Well done, everyone. All of you played well. Marcus Belby and Michael Corner, please step forward," said Flitwick and said 2 students stepped forward.

"Well down, boys. You did well. I didn't know you have such good hiding skills. We will start the duels after your lunch. Follow me to an empty classroom for the Duel if it is ok for you?" Flitwick asked the 3 participants and they nodded.

"Then it's settled. Complete your lunch, students. We will move after that." Flitwick said and after their meal, they moved to an empty class.

"Let's move. Students, please follow me," Flitwick said and most of the hide and seek players followed behind their Head of House. They reached a large empty classroom and went in.

After everyone was settled leaving a sizeable gap on 2 sides for the spells used to strike the wall, Flitwick enlarged the room and laid the foundation rules.

"Mr Potter and Mr Corner, you will go first. When your opponent loses their wand, the match is over. Is that clear?" Flitwick asked and Harry and Michael nodded.

"Like we did last year, please move 10 feet from each other from the middle and you can start," Flitwick instructed and having prior experience of how it happened last year, Harry confidently did as told.

As he came face to face with Corner, Harry took the opportunity and fired the first spell.

"Ascendio," Harry started by sending a propelling charm at Corner.

"Diffindo," said Corner, cutting Harry's Ascendio.

"Avis," said Corner, conjuring a small flock of birds and sending them towards Harry.

"Bombardo," Harry said, creating an explosion and destroying the small flock of birds.

"Expelliarmus," Harry said, trying to take Corner's wand as Malfoy didn't last more than a few seconds after his snake stunt failed.

"Protego," tried Corner. Since it's an advanced spell, his shield didn't last, but it managed to stand Harry's Expelliarmus.

'Since when did he start reading 6th-year spells?' Harry thought as his Expelliarmus got deflected by Corner's Protego.

'Let's try some new things then,' he thought and prepared his wand. If Corner is using advanced Shielding charms, he can use advanced spells as well.

"Furnunculus," Harry said, sending a gold light towards Corner. Corner tried his luck again and his shield almost saved him, however, he didn't see the spell get deflected and Flitwick had to intervene.

"Expelliarmus," said Harry in Corner's moment of distraction and successfully disarmed him.

"Yield," Harry asked and Corner yielded, giving Harry victory.

"Excellent, both of you. Even though you are in your 3rd year, you showed great skill in your spells. Take 10 points to Ravenclaw. Mr Belby, can you please step into the ring?" Flitwick asked and Belby went in.

After seeing the last match, Flitwick drew a ring around them as if to mark the boundary of the duel. He is going to intervene if any spell passes that line.

"Same as before. Walk 10 feet from each other and start your duel," said Flitwick and Harry and Marcus nodded and walked apart. But this time, Harry had a surprise.

"Bombarda," Belby used, firing the lightless exploding spell at Harry.

"Expulso," Harry said, firing a blue light curse, replying with another explosion curse. Both spells nullified each other.

While this was going on, all the students present were very thrilled. They didn't see any duel like this that includes Harry in it. And the spells are a bonus.

Generally, their House will be a silent going band of book worms who don't participate in anything but studies. But after Harry came, that changed.

They actively began participating in almost everything and the Hide and Seek they played earlier was a practical example of that.

Seeing Harry duel like this doesn't only give them practical knowledge on how to use a spell, but also see how Harry fights. He is ruthless for sure.

"Wow, they nullified each other. What a great show," they started speaking to each other.

"I didn't think we would see Harry fighting a duel this close," a few nodded.

"Compared to last year one, this was more entertaining and good," said a 4th-year girl and others agreed.

"Can you imagine that useless defaming idiot is from Ravenclaw?" Said a sixth year talking about Lockhart and they all got a furious expression.

"Impedimenta," Harry fired a temporary jinx that slows the movement of Belby who defended it using his own spell.

"Sturdy," said Belby, firing a red light towards Harry's Impedimenta. Which also has similar properties as Impedimenta.

However, unlike before, they didn't cancel each other. They both fought with vigour and Harry's Impedimenta won as it charged towards Belby.

Though stunned by his spell being dismantled by Harry's, Belby didn't feel much pain or any sensation as the spell didn't have much effect on him.

'What the hell. How the hell did my spell fail?' Harry thought in surprise. He thought he used enough magic to charge the spell.

'Maybe I should start learning magic control as well? Was that a problem before? Did anyone have to learn it?' He asked himself.

"Incarcerous," Harry heard. In his moment of lapse, he didn't see Belby using the rope binding spell on him.

"Incendio," Harry said, conjuring flames and burning all the ropes that were coming towards him and escaping being bound.

"Lumos Maxima," Harry said, maximising the light in the room. He also changed its colour to confuse Belby and used a stunning spell to win, but Belby caught up.

Seeing the source of light, which is the brightest point in the room, Belby shot multiple Nox spells in all directions to wipe out the light.

One of them hit Harry's wand and in his moment of stun, his concentration lost the spell, bringing the room back to normal light.

"Petrificus Totalus,"

"Rictusempra," said both opponents simultaneously.

Harry used the full body bind curse while Belby used the tickling charm to make Harry yield. Both spells fought for superiority, but Harry showed his wit here.

In addition to his Petrificus Totalus, Harry also fired a Stupefy behind it, making it more powerful than before and the combination had obliterated Belby's spell.

Belby didn't have time or thought of using any shield charm at Harry's fast approaching spell and resigned himself.

But to his surprise, a shield was erected in front of him, guarding him against the potent Stupefy, which dispelled at a lazy gesture of Harry.

"Harry is the winner!" Professor Flitwick declared and everyone cheered for the duelling champion. Belby sighed in relief. He was worried he would get hit by the strong Stupefy Harry used.

"How are you, Marcus?" Professor Flitwick asked as he examined Marcus for any wounds or injuries.

Though he is not an expert nurse or has experience in healing, he does know pain-relieving charms he can use to alleviate pain for some time.

"I'm fine, Professor. I didn't expect Harry to use a second charm in disguise of Petrificus Totalus," confessed Marcus and Flitwick nodded.

"I was surprised by that as well, Marcus. That's a high-level duelling strategy in which chain spells are used. I didn't know Harry knew of them."

"I didn't know, Professor. Seeing how my first spell failed against him, I thought of trying disguising the second one in the first one and see how it works.

It turned out successful. Thank you for using Protego. I couldn't stop them at their potency. Your Protego helped me to get back my control." Harry said, answering Flitwick's question.

"Sorry if I hurt you, Belby." Harry apologised.

"No, Potter. You did well. I was just stunned by your spells, that's it. Congratulations on your win." Belby said, extending his hand and Harry shook it.

"You can call me Harry,"

"Then call me Marcus," they shook hands with happy smiles.

"Ok, students. Let's all move to our common room," Flitwick called and all students made their way back to Ravenclaw common room, talking about the duels.

"Those are some great duels, Harry," Padma said walking beside Harry.

"If only you didn't reveal our hiding spot, we could have duelled against him," Terry retorted.

"What was that? Who is the coward who laughed at Luna's words?" Padma asked in annoyance.

"Guys, calm down. I don't think you two should talk as I didn't think I would find you there. Luna was trying to catch a, uh? Something and we crashed into-"

"Shut up. Are you trying to embarrass us?" Padma and Terry asked with red faces.

"Really, guys? You couldn't find a better spot?" Cho asked, silently stepping in line with them.

"Honestly, I heard Parvathi speak of it some time ago and thought it would be a great place to hide," Padma said and Terry nodded.

"So you just followed her there of all places and now you back it as if it is some wizarding miracle?" Harry asked incredulously. He got 2 angry looks at that.

"Ok. I'm not gonna share this with anyone. I'm sure Cho won't and Nicola didn't see anything as she played hide and seek with my leg. What about Luna?" Harry asked.

Cho agreed with Harry to not share where they hid with anyone while Nicola didn't see anything, poor girl.

"Gulping Plimpies are not good. You are influenced by them. Don't worry, I have some Gurdyroot. They're really excellent for warding off Gulping Plimpies. I will give some to you. Be careful, they tend to run a lot and you don't want to lose them." Luna said, coming out of nowhere.

Somehow, Nicola came right back to Harry's leg and stuck to it. "Come on, not again," Harry groaned.

If not for his exercises, he would have long fallen with exhaustion. Even though Nicola is petite, she adds some additional weight. She just hid behind his leg, probably scared.

Harry can't blame the poor girl for that. If he had not heard of Luna, he would be spooked as well. He gave Nicola a reassuring pat and sent her to her room.

"Thank you, Harry. Thank you for your help," he heard the petite girl speak before she ran to her room.

"They are on you both as well. But I don't think you need my help in warding them off," Luna said pointing to Harry and Cho and walked away.

"Hey, how come they are an exception? I want you to check them again and say they need the whatever as well!" Padma said loudly, gaining others' attention.

"Ah, haha. That's a good joke, Padma. I think we should go through the practical, ah, fire plum chapter we need to submit. Bye guys," said Terry, dragging Harry and Padma hastily with him.

Cho, who was beside Harry, was also dragged by an anxious Padma. "Why am I being dragged?" Cho asked but none replied.

As they reached the third floor, they noticed Professor Flitwick waiting for them there.

"Ah, Harry and Ms Chang. It's good I found you. I want to borrow some of your time," he said and Padma and Terry went into Harry's room to let them talk.

"What happened, Professor?" Cho asked.

"I know we just completed our first Quidditch match yesterday and didn't have a good experience. But as per schedule, the next match is to be held on the first weekend of December, before the Christmas holidays. I want to know if you want to play or skip this?" Flitwick asked.

"I will ask the rest of the team and reply soon, Professor. I know most of them will be willing to play as we had a great victory yesterday. Who are we against?" Harry asked. Cho nodded to his suggestion.

"Normally, it's Slytherin. But since their team claims their Seeker had an injury to play, you will be against Gryffindors," Flitwick said going through the schedule.

"Gryffindor huh. I'm sure our team will agree with me, Professor. I'll ask them and reply to you. I want to see how Ginny does," said Harry and Flitwick.

"That's good to hear, Harry. All the best for that. Have a good day, students. Enjoy," said Flitwick as he walked off.

"Sure, Professor. Have a great day as well," they both greeted back and ran into Harry's room.

"Hahahahaha. I want to know how Parvathi reacts when she finds where you hid, Padma," Harry laughed again as he entered his room.

"I swear, Harry. If she finds out, you will have hell to face!" Padma shouted and Cho laughed uncontrollably.

"You two seem stuck together. What do you think others think when they see you this close?" Terry asked, trying to divert topics.

"Everyone knows we are Seekers in hide and seek. So it's natural for us to stick together and plan. Not that we did anything to raise suspicion," Harry replied.

"You did well in those duels, Harry. You didn't say you know all those advanced spells," Padma asked. Harry caught Cho's look and nodded negatively as if saying not here.

"You didn't ask. What do you suggest? Shall we have a duel?" He asked with a smirk.

"Not at that level. But yeah. We should duel sometime. Who knows what your uncle had planned?" Terry said.

"That's one way to put him and you seriously call him Harry's uncle?" Padma asked incredulously.

"Come on. We can't go around saying his name," Terry said and others nodded.

"My Uncle, huh. Well, I do have a plan for him if he comes after me again," Harry said and Cho saw a dark look on Harry's face for a second before it vanished.

"So how did you find Marietta?" Padma asked with a mischievous smile.

"Oh you won't believe how we found some of the upper years even 6th years-" started Harry and they spent the rest of the day explaining how they doing many people and what ways they were found.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you all liked it. Tell me, what do you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

14