The Day of Surprises
204 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the Next Chapter of Broken Shackles. Hope you share your feedback with me. 

Enjoy.

Broken Shackles

Chapter 26

The Day of Surprises

14th April 1994

Days turned weeks and weeks lead to months after the fateful celebration of love. Harry's relations with the women around him only deepened in the months passed and after a perfect 2 months, Harry is on his way to the Chamber of Secrets to do his 2nd ritual.

His magical birthday took quite a big leap. Instead of May, it jumped to April 14th after his repeated use of Time Turner. And as per Salazar's instructions, Harry is going to do his 2nd ritual which is related to his mind. He was surprised by the details his ancestor gave him to do each ritual and he obviously made them into the most magical number, 7.

To say he is thrilled will be an understatement though he understood the pain and mind-numbing experience he had to endure. After witnessing the results of his body ritual, Harry knew the price was very cheap to improve his mind.

Remembering the past 2 months, he got a wistful smile as he made progress on many things. The 2 that dwarfs others will be his Magical Animagus signs and the Room on the 7th floor and the most memorable one will be Hedwig meeting Mira.

The Snowy Owl had a choice few words said by a wide range of Hoots and almost, growls for him after he introduced both of them after one of his training sessions with Mira.

He is currently being trained for his Invisibility as Mira left Dora to teach him about Shapeshifting in the summer. The few times he tried were very unpleasant for Harry and they chose to drop them for the time being.

His Animagus was far more interesting than the pain he suffered when he tried shape-shifting into Mira. Mira was amused by the whole deal and laughed her scales out in his room. He told her everything that's going on in his life and she is the only one that knows all of his secrets.

On the other hand, Harry got flooded with even more memories of Eidolon. The creature is a very curious being and to say Harry enjoyed his exploits is putting it mildly. Harry enjoyed all the memories he shared and there is this 1 memory that stood out from the rest.

He shook himself to not get deep into that memory. He didn't understand if he was being shown the life of 1 Eidolon like a soul forming a bond with him or just random experiences from the whole species.

He shrugged them off as weird experiences of being a magical Animagus. The experiences were as exhilarating as Harry's adventures in Hogwarts. It's like those Peacock, Lokharts book titles.

Break with a Banshee, Gadding with Ghouls, Holidays with Hags, Travels with Trolls, Voyages with Vampires, Wanderings with Werewolves, Year with the Yeti. Though it was a voyage, it was not with Vampires. The nocturnal creatures are too afraid of Eidolon. That can be dubbed as 'Fanning Flames' Harry mused.

Eidolon, in Arctic or not, is not a weak creature and Harry witnessed the full extent of their power and rage and he can relate to them a lot. They were peaceful, but once one of their friends, family or loved ones were hurt, they will unleash the full fury of the Arctic Tundra, quite literally, he can add.

He is excited to be able to be one and do such things. Though he can feel the connection and similarities between him and the creatures are uncanny. 'Maybe the Ministry will classify me as Part-Creature after I become Magical Animagus?' Harry laughed at the idea.

He sure as hell can see it happening. After going through the experiences, he felt unlike McGonagall, who transforms, Eidolon will be his 2nd skin much like flesh under the skin to a body. He can see it happening for him and Eidolon, but if the Ministry has the balls or not, it should be seen.

Harry remembered his talk with Hogwarts. Now that's a mindblowing conversation. Harry can only give a victorious smirk as he remembered the secrets Hogwarts told him when he asked a simple question.

Flashback Begin

At the end of February, when Harry finally got some free time from all his plans, training and practice he decided to explore the special room on the 7th floor.

'Hogwarts,' he mentally called and felt the Castle replica in his mind jerk in enthusiasm.

"How can Hogwarts help Lord Slytherin?" She asked in an affectionate tone. Harry loved the affection Hogwarts had for him and brushed the Castle with a smile.

"I want to know about this special room on the 7th floor."

"Certainly my Lord. Much like the other founders who left something as their special memory, Lady Rowena had created a magical room on the 7th floor which she named 'the Room of Requirements." Harry was surprised by the name of the room.

"Room of requirements, you say?"

"Yes, my Lord. The Room has been enchanted to change to the user's imagination with some limitations." Hogwarts explained and as she was about to go into a deep explanation, Harry stopped.

"I'll explore the rest, Hogwarts. Thank you." He said and as he was about to leave, he remembered about Bloody Baron and stopped. He missed Hogwarts' vibrant shake when he thanked.

"Hogwarts, who else knows about my Lordship?"

"The House Ghosts and Peeves, my Lord. The Headmaster tried asking Fat Friar, but he was not under the Headmaster's control and so before he could question Friar, Friar left." She explained. Harry's eyes narrowed at that.

"How much control does the Headmaster have on the castle, Hogwarts?" He asked in a calculating tone.

"The Headmaster had control of everything, from House-elves to portraits. The Gargoyles, stone statues, armours, stairs and the school Wards." Hogwarts' past tense wasn't missed by Harry. Curious, he pressed on.

"What do you mean by 'Had' Hogwarts?"

"By had, I mean he used to be the only 1 who could control them. But as you became Lord Slytherin, you magically challenged his authority and since you are a blood descendant of one of the founders, your claim was stronger and hence magically recognised." Harry's eyes widened at that. Not paying much attention to his surprise, Hogwarts continued.

Being a place for education, Hogwarts has a Teacher persona when she starts explaining things and Harry liked how she mimics some of his Professors based on the situation. Now she is mimicking McGonagall.

"As you are the blood descendant, you also unlocked some of the few emergency powers granted to any Headmaster in distress without having the role. Your teleportation within the Wards is 1 such ability. I'm unsure of the Portrait's allegiance to you, though, my Lord. As once magical beings, they are free to make their decisions." Harry got so much useful info from that explanation alone.

First, there are emergency powers and he can use them if need be. He got a feeling that the castle won't listen to him unless there is an actual emergency. For all her affection, she is semi-sentient. She can feel it to some extent.

And then came the portraits. He always wondered how they were made and who they stood with and if he guessed correctly, they would choose Dumbledore's side without any doubt. He can't do much but gain their trust to get their alleg-

"The House elves were very excited to meet you when they came to know about you and were very disappointed as you only call Dobby and still didn't visit them." Hogwarts continued and Harry felt bad about that. He decided to visit the excitable little creatures as soon as possible.

He got curious about what Dumbledore wanted from Fat Friar. "Just so it is clear, Hogwarts, I can't trust Dumbledore to favour Students' safety over his plans, so you can do what you feel fit to ensure their safety in case of an emergency, alright?" He said and got a vibrant shake from the castle in response.

"I'm in your forever debt, my Lord. None of the Headmasters gave me my emergency powers back and saw fit to deal with them as per their whims." Hogwarts said and Harry can feel the thick emotion laced in her words.

"Though I can't use all of them as I'm limited." Harry nodded in understanding.

"I'm here to help in such cases, Hogwarts. Don't worry. Can you tell me what did the Headmaster want from the Friar?" He asked, not wanting to lose the topic.

"He wanted to know if the Friar knew anything about the sudden increase of teleportation he detected in Wards. He can't detect the location. But knows it's just happening regularly in the Castle." Hogwarts replied after a minute of thinking.

Harry's heart dropped for a second. He didn't want Dumbledore to know about his ability and Lordship. That would be the worst disaster. It's not because Harry is afraid of the man or something. Harry is sure he can defend his mind well from Dumbledore.

Schpeel's Occlumency is very different and stronger from normal Occlumency after all and his connection with Mira only helps his shields strengthen.

"Is there a way to change the Wards from detecting teleportation?" Harry asked and got an affirmative from the castle, the phrases that needed to change coming to mind as the Slytherin Lord ring appeared on his finger.

"As Harry James Potter Slytherin, I assert my authority and declare an immediate amendment to the Wards of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Henceforth, recognition of teleportation within the school boundaries shall be strictly prohibited. This alteration is to take effect instantly, and its execution remains independent of the Headmaster's awareness. Let it be enacted without delay."

Harry said in a confident tone and felt a subtle magical wave spread over from the Slytherin Lord ring and touch the miniature Hogwarts in his mind and he felt the wards change in the back of his mind. He knew he could have done it with a mental command.

But he is not sure how effective that will be as he is not used to controlling a huge Magical Castle like Hogwarts and it will take time to get used to. He is slowly understanding how to distinguish the innumerable things in the castle after all.

To command her with a mental command has a long way to go and though Harry is very sure he will reach that stage, he is patient and willing to learn slowly. His reverie was broken by Hogwarts again.

"Your order has been executed, My Lord," Hogwarts replied and he nodded in satisfaction. Good thing he decided to change the Wards, if not he knew he would have been caught at some point by Dumbledore. The man is too smart for his own good.

After he made his first change to Hogwarts to fit his needs, Harry made his way to Cho to explore the Room of Requirements with her. What will be a good surprise to a Ravenclaw more than visiting the room their house founder created? He mused.

To say Cho was curious was an understatement. She readily agreed and readied herself to the adventure. "One of my friends was talking about Valentine's Day…' She started.

Harry waited for her to continue. Understanding the cue, she continued. "She said she saw you with other girls in compromising positions." She finally said in a disgusting tone. Harry only raised an eyebrow at that.

"I know you well, Harry. I severed my friendship with her after that. I was struggling to tell you for a few days now. Today I managed to get the chance." She said with a bright smile. Harry stopped and scrutinised her. He was surprised she would cut one of her friends for him. For their secret relationship.

"Don't you think that's a bit far? Considering we are a secret?" He asked, resuming his trek to the 7th floor. The corridors are empty as most of the students are lazing around in their dorms as it's early morning.

"I don't want anything between us, Harry. Not even my friends. I know 'we' are a secret because you fear for my safety as being close to you attracts so much attention to us. When I'm strong, I'm sure you'll be proud to introduce us." She said with a confident smile.

"I saw the confidence in that woman that accompanied you on Valentine's Day. If I'm that strong, won't you introduce us to the world?" Cho asked curiously. Harry thought about that.

Dora is strong even counting for her clumsy and trippy nature. A fond smile came to his face when he remembered the concern in her ever-changing eyes and hair when she read the introduction of the book.

"Should I fear competition already, Potter?" Cho asked in a teasing tone and Harry gave her an amused smile.

"Dora-" At her perplexed look, he corrected himself. "Tonks, her name. Is Edward Tonk's daughter. He is my legal representative." He explained and Cho got the spark of recognition at that.

Edward Tonks became a famous Solicitor name after his victorious settlement in Magical Britain. Not that the man needed any more money than the share he got for his settlement. Harry was surprised he only modernised his home and nothing else.

'Maybe the wards and protections were strengthened as with fame comes enemies.' And Harry just realised that just by associating with him, their whole family is in danger. But the black-haired beauty beside him had enough of his distractions and poked him in his ribs, hard.

"You will not ignore me, Potter!" She said in a serious tone with hands under her developing bust. Cho got a smile at her antics and they happily made their way to the Room and explored it, ending with a friendly duel.

Flashback End

After his long walk, Harry reached the Chamber of Secrets under his invisibility cloak. He didn't want anyone finding out about his explorations and not wanting to hiss, he teleported to the Chamber from the 2nd floor bathroom.

Though he could have teleported to the Chamber from his room, Harry likes walking as he felt it allowed him time to think and plan and he also decided to not overuse the privilege just so he can.

He walked into the inner chamber to brush up on the instructions one final time and saw how the huge basilisk was missing many things and most concerningly Venom glands though it had all its fangs. He called the gullible creature he put in charge of taking care of it.

"Dobby," with a pop, Dobby appeared with an enthusiastic bounce and happy face in his new Potter crest Pillowcase. His tennis ball-sized eyes looking at Harry in worship.

"Dobby," Harry started, "What exactly are you doing with the Basilisk venom?"

"Dobby is being careful, Master Harry, sir," Dobby replied, wringing his small hands together. His large, round eyes, glowing in the eerie light, were sincere. "There is much demand for Basilisk venom in places like Knockturn Alley. Dobby is collecting it safely so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands, sir."

"And how are you managing to collect the venom, Dobby? It's incredibly dangerous, isn't it?" Harry's eyebrows furrowed with concern, his gaze intensifying on the elf.

"Dobby is using magic and help from Clicky, sir," Dobby said, indicating the female elf appeared beside him. Clicky, Harry knew is the Childcare centres elf. "We is being very careful. We use magic charms to make sure its doesn't harm us." Clicky said in an apologetic tone.

"Does Vali know about your involvement, Clicky?"

"Mistress Vali thinks Clicky be doing Master's work," Clicky replied nervously.

Harry looked at the pair of elves, a swell of admiration with concern filling him. "And how do you dispose of it, Dobby? You're not selling it, are you?"

"No, no, Master Harry, sir," Dobby quickly reassured. "Dobby and Clicky is very careful. We put it in a magical container, and then we put that container in a safe place. We doesn't want it to be used for Dark magic, sir."

Harry felt a wave of relief wash over him. Trust Dobby to think about the others' good. He nodded, a small smile gracing his lips. "That's very responsible of you, Dobby, Clicky. Keep up the good work, and remember, if you ever need my help, don't hesitate."

"Dobby and Clicky is thanking you, Master Great Harry Potter, sir," the two elves responded in unison, their wide eyes filled with gratitude and respect. He got a few ideas on what to do with the venom, maybe Bloodstain can be roped into this?

Satisfied, Harry turned and left the outer Chamber, knowing the task is in capable hands. As much as the venom is a dangerous substance, in the hands of Dobby and Clicky, he knew it is safe. Just to be sure he will check on where they are storing it after the ritual.

As he walked into the inner chamber, he heard a loud thunderclap outside which made him pause for a second. He got the familiar foreboding feeling that something wrong is taking place and mentally stopped Mira from coming.

He knew her worry won't help any of them in their current situation and got betrayed look from her in their mental conversation. "Don't come unless I call you, Mira. The ritual is going to be painful. This must be done." Harry said in a hard tone, stressing the importance.

Mira gulped at that as if she was caught flying when she shouldn't. She gave Harry a sheepish concerned look and vanished with a nod. He knew she would do everything in her power to stop him from suffering and that's not necessary for the situation. She took on her sisterly responsibilities seriously. Too seriously if you ask Harry.

Harry walked to the leather-bound tome to brush up on the runes and symbols that needed to be carved for the ritual and saw them to be 3 circles in a seven-pointed star. The explanation went on about the intricacies of the mind.

Magical runes are ancient and powerful symbols that hold immense magical potential, each one associated with particular meanings or spells. In the case of mind power transfer, Mannaz, Ansuz, Eihwaz, Inguz, Raido and Perthro. He can identify all of them in the symbols that surround the ritual circle.

From what Harry understands, this ritual is nothing compared to the actual ritual in which he had to use Magical Animal's blood, organs, feathers and hearts as sacrifices to get the same result he will get from his simple ritual with few runes, circles and few drops of blood.

With a clear picture of the whole ritual in mind, Harry began to draw the symbols and circles with 3 drops of his blood at every intersection between the star and the circles. After everything is drawn and imbued with his blood, he gave it a once-over.

At the centre of all circles is the triangle, acting as the source of the mind power from the Slytherin Lord ring to be transferred. The circles themselves are drawn with a combination of magical chalks and inks, each colour and material selected for its resonance with the energies being involved.

Even before the ritual commenced, Harry could sense the magic vibrating in the air around him. The dense web of arcane symbols and runes, carefully etched into the stone floor of the Chamber of Secrets, thrummed with raw potential. A feeling akin to standing on a precipice, a plunging void of unknown depth before him.

Harry didn't even feel the pleasant feeling he got when it is his birthday. Everything was drowned by the trepidation he felt about the following events. With a sigh, he readied himself. Acknowledging this step is necessary.

In the very heart of the complex array of circles, Harry positioned himself, the ring held aloft in his trembling hand above the triangle. A profound quietude fell over the Chamber as if time itself held its breath in anticipation. Murmuring the ancient incantations, he could feel his magic stirring, reacting, intertwining with the cosmic energy that the ritual demanded.

Harry positioned himself just outside of the circles, close enough to be in contact with the ring without physically crossing the boundary lines. This positioning is important as it maintains the integrity of the ritual space while allowing him to receive the transferred power.

The ritual started with Harry focusing intently on the ring, mentally guiding the power through the symbolic path created by the runes and circles. Harry prepared himself for the pain that followed and clamped his shields.

When the moment came, he placed the ring onto the designated rune at the edge of the innermost circle touching the triangle. A cascade of brilliant light burst forth, blinding in its intensity. As the light subsided, an ethereal cord of magic extended from the ring, weaving its way towards him. He felt a sharp, almost invasive tug at his mind, like a hook being embedded into his consciousness.

Suddenly, his world was no longer his own. A tumultuous sea of images, voices, and sensations washed over him, relentless and insistent. Thousands of memories that were not his own danced behind his closed eyelids. A visceral symphony of laughter, sobs, whispered incantations and a woman's soft voice reverberated through his mind. It was an assault, a beautiful yet terrifying bombardment that made his head spin and the world tilt on its axis.

Each memory was a grain of sand, each whisper a droplet of water, each emotion a gust of wind. Together, they formed a desert, an ocean, a storm – threatening to consume him, to erase the Harry that he knew and replace him with this... other.

As the onslaught began to ebb, his mind gradually started to discern order in the chaos. Like a puzzle slowly coming together, each fragment of the transferred strength found its rightful place. Alien, yet inexplicably familiar. Overwhelming, yet enlightening.

Physically, the ritual was merciless. Harry collapsed onto the cold stone floor, his limbs refusing to obey him. He was both drained and hyperaware, his nerves humming with a residual electric charge. Each cell of his body seemed to pulse with the echo of the magic used, leaving him with fatigue so profound that it was a struggle to merely keep his eyes open.

Yet, his magical core was far from depleted. It thrummed with an intensity that was both thrilling and terrifying. A reservoir of magic, vastly more potent than before, coursed through his veins, flexing and shifting like a living entity. The air around him seemed to crackle, mirroring his internal storm.

His control over his magic, however, is as erratic as a pendulum in a storm. Raw power surged out with every exhale, causing the chamber torches to flare, and the stone walls to rumble in response to his unchecked mental might.

This new reality, this newfound power, is a thrilling, terrifying journey on the edge of control and chaos. As Harry lay there, he realised how he could feel every shadow in the room and was blown away by the clarity he saw things with.

Just as his consciousness threatened to slip away, a flicker caught Harry's attention. It is a sparkle that isn't present before, a gleam that whispered of ancient secrets and timeless wisdom. Struggling to maintain focus, he turned his head towards the source.

The once dim and neutral stones of the Chamber of Secrets now shimmered with an ethereal glow, forming an intricate pattern on the cold, hard surface. A pattern he'd never seen before, yet he somehow knew. A vertical line, bisected by a circle, encapsulated by a triangle - the symbol was for lack of a better word, enthralling. It seemed to pulsate with an otherworldly light, pulsing in rhythm with his heartbeat, echoing his magical surges.

The sight of the symbol seemed to reverberate within him, stirring an instinctive recognition. His magical core responded in kind, sending a wave of tingling warmth flooding his veins. It was as if the symbol had spoken to him, had reached out to acknowledge him - a kindred spirit bound by the same inescapable destiny.

In that moment, the symbol seemed to be everything: a lighthouse in the storm, a key to the lock, and a map to the treasure. It was etched into the depths of his mind, never to be forgotten. It is a sign, an omen, a guide. It is a part of him, and he is a part of it for good or worse.

With the sighting of the symbol, a final surge of power seemed to well up within him. It spread to the farthest corners of his body, tingling on his skin, fizzing in his fingertips. Then, just as suddenly as the surge appeared, it is gone, leaving Harry feeling empty yet full, spent yet enriched.

The sight of the symbol is the last thing that registered in Harry's fading consciousness before everything went black. It is as if the sight of the symbol exerted the last vestiges of his awareness, compelling him to surrender to the darkness. And so, he did. He let go, let his body slump onto the cold floor, the vision of the weird symbol still imprinted behind his eyelids.

He collapsed into an abyss of unconsciousness, his body finally yielding to the overwhelming exhaustion. As he surrendered to the enveloping darkness, his last thought is of the uninvited symbol. Its image imprinted in his mind, a beacon amidst the chaos, a promise of an extraordinary destiny waiting to be unlocked.

Scene Break

Simultaneously

Shrieking Shack

It's been a few months since his last attempt to get into Hogwarts. Though it was unsuccessful, he got a few insights on Harry, his lovable Godson and Wormtail, his traitorous friend. With the determination of a man possessed, Sirius made his way towards Hogwarts.

Being well-versed in the secret passages and aware of the time, Sirius slowly moved to the Whomping Willow in his Animagus form. He knew night is the best time for him to strike as his fur would blend well with the dim torches of the Castle and he can easily deal with the rat with everyone asleep.

There was a bitter familiarity in Sirius's heart as he ghosted through the half-broken walls of the passage towards Hogwarts. He had once walked in the castle as a student, as a Marauder, revelling in the mischief and magic that lay around every corner. Now he prowled through the shadows, a wanted man, his mission clear and echoing like a drumbeat in his mind: Find Pettigrew. Expose the truth. Protect Harry.

As he slowly moved towards the premiere institute of Magic of the British Isles, Sirius reminisced how the castle is not how he remembered it; it is tinged with an underlying sense of dread that seemed to be woven into its very stones. Whispers of his name echoed off the walls, bouncing back at him with every step he took inside it. The memory of his past failure hung around him like a bitter shroud, fueling his resolve to succeed this time.

Sirius could feel the collective tension and fear in the castle as he made his way towards the Gryffindor tower. First, find the rat. He had expected this. His reputation, the rumours, the fear, all were like an invisible cloak he wore. Yet he had hoped, somewhere in his heart, that Hogwarts would remember him, the real him, not the villain he was portrayed to be.

But there was no time for sentiment. His mission is clear. Pettigrew is here, somewhere in this castle, hiding like the rat he is. Sirius could taste his impending vindication, the moment when he could show the world who the real traitor is.

Each step was calculated a chess move in his personal game for justice. He navigated the familiar corridors, his mind whirring with the knowledge that this is the only way he can make things right. It is a desperate gamble, an all-or-nothing play, and he knew he could not afford another failure.

His mind raced back to the last time he had attempted to apprehend Pettigrew, the memory still as raw as a fresh wound. The regret of letting Pettigrew escape last time gnawed at him, but it also fortified his resolution. He would not let history repeat itself. Not while he could still fight. Not while Harry is at stake.

As he crept through the almost empty halls of the castle, he knew he is just another shadow slipping through the night. He is Sirius Black, a marauder, a friend betrayed and a godfather on a mission. And this time, he is determined to succeed with the aid of his Animagus form.

Meanwhile

In the hidden depths of Hogwarts, the magical castle shivered in a state of apprehension. Sirius Black, the notorious escapee from Azkaban, was inside her ancient walls. It's been a few hours and the Castle slowly understood how bad this could turn. A subtle buzz of anxiety pulsated through the stone walls, echoing through her many classrooms, halls, and corridors, a ripple of unease that sent portraits whispering to one another and suits of armour shifting uneasily.

Deciding on the course of action, Hogwarts locked all the common rooms and classrooms, not allowing students out into the corridor. Her Lord gave her the emergency powers back to use herself in her time of need; she couldn't see a better situation.

This means the Headmaster will know his power slip up over the Castle but Hogwarts didn't care for that. Her main duty is to educate and protect children. That's the whole reason the Founders made her an impregnable Castle. She will do it irrespective of the Headmaster's wishes.

Remembering Harry's word to notify him when Sirius comes back, Hogwarts reached into his mind to tell him only to violently shudder at the infernal chaos it has become. She tried again and again, until he woke up.

As a semi-sentient being, she can't call anyone, even the house-elves. She can only mentally communicate with her Lord. Rest, House ghosts, elves and Peeves only know of her because of their anchor to the Castle.

With Staff and Students

Everyone knew something is wrong when the Common Rooms and Classroom doors wouldn't open. They all thought something bad is going on and on cue, a loud voice reverberated through the school.

"Students, due to unforeseen circumstances, the castle has been under lockdown. Please stay where you are for the time being. You will be unlocked when everything is under control." The strong and confident voice of Dumbledore boomed all over the castle, reassuring and comforting them which made them relax as the familiar feeling of safety swept over them.

As it's night, no one can see anything more than a few feet. Even the torches that lit the corridor seemed to have dulled down in fear of whatever lurking and Sirius very slowly made his way up, biding his time at every corner and step. He is not going to blow up this time.

With Harry

In the deep, shadowed recesses of the Chamber of Secrets, the echo of ancient magic resonated, seeping into the room where Harry lay completely spent after the monumental ritual. The air held a charged silence, disturbed only by the irregular intake of breath from the boy splayed across the floor, signs of an ordeal that had taken a heavy toll on him.

The school stirred, walls and foundations humming with energy, trying to rouse her real guardian, the one who had claimed kinship with Salazar Slytherin. "My Lord," she whispered, a soft murmur that wove itself around Harry, seeping into his senses.

When there was no response, Hogwarts became more insistent. "Lord Slytherin, wake up," she urged, an ethereal vibration that filled the chamber. The whisper curled and swirled around him like an invisible magical wind, gradually nudging him towards consciousness.

The murmur echoed again, an undulating resonance that felt more like an insistent pull from his very core. Still enthralled and in deep thought of the symbol he saw moments ago, Harry changed his position, leaning to his right. "Sirius Black has breached the Castle boundaries. My Lord, you must awaken." Hogwarts insisted relentlessly.

At the mention of Sirius, Harry stirred, his subconscious latching onto the urgency in the castle's call. His eyelids fluttered, and he forced them open, pushing through the fog of exhaustion that clouded his senses.

Harry didn't believe what he heard, her plea pulled him from the depths of his exhaustion and thoughts of the symbol. "What did you say, Hogwarts?" Harry asked for confirmation and the castle repeated herself. His mind ran a mile, thinking of all possibilities of saving Sirius.

His mind, with more clarity than ever before, thought about his options. He should know Sirius's position first and then plan accordingly. As he heard Hogwarts' whole account of how Sirius slowly made his way in and what she did, Harry asked the only question that mattered.

"How long has it been?"

"9 hours, my Lord." Harry thought of how to deal with this. Though it is still dark, he knew it wouldn't be long before Sirius is caught as the sun rose. He took the time turner and rotated the left knob once, turning back 6 hours. Just as Hogwarts was about to shut down the school.

Looking at his resting form, he spoke. "Hogwarts, don't lockdown. I don't want the Headmaster to be suspicious and thank you for the help." He appreciated the castle and though she didn't remember anything as she is going through the thought of actually locking down, she happily took the compliment.

Opening the Marauder's map, Harry saw Sirius slowly creep to the Whomping Willow and Harry decided on a plan of action. He vowed to succeed and prove Sirius's innocence. He vanished from the hallowed chamber, determined to save his Godfather.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you all liked it. Tell me, what you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

4